2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

I completely understand your decision to deliver, and hope that it happens naturally so that you don't need to induce. I really am so sorry. I wish there was something I could say but I know there isn't - just know that we're all thinking of you, and your little one. :hugs: We had our LO cremated last time and found that every funeral parlour we contacted offered the service, casket, flowers and everything for free. I'm not sure how they do it over in the US, but it was really nice to be able to say goodbye like that (though we would have paid anything anyway), and we've kept the ashes in a tiny urn which is on display in the middle of our living room. Also, that OB can go fuck himself. I'm so glad you've got a supportive and sympathetic midwife through all of this. :hugs: :hugs:

The funeral home did this for us as well....it brought me to tears.

The cremation for our son was done for us by the funeral home as well...Thank goodness.

Today is my due date of my angel :-( and I almost forgot!! Ffs!

A long update...

Thursday (24th) I saw my midwife and she stood behind my decision for induction. I live in a very small town so she had told me they hadn't seen this and it was really rare there. *Adding, there are two OB's here that are all for (pro) D&C/D&E. :growlmad: On Saturday (26th) I was showing signs of infection. I had severe chills, headache and dizziness. Because of co-seeing policies the doctors in my town needed to call the doctors at my high risk and let them know I can get induced there. In my small town they only do D&C/D&E-even in the later pregnancies :(

So went to the ER because the OB still hadn't contact them. They did an IV (tried 5 times!!) with fluids and antibiotics and took a lot of blood. My blood results came back great and I voiced I was getting induced and I would not allow anything else. So he called my high risk L&D (about 4/5 hrs away) and they got my files and told him to send me up.

My husband drove us there after I got out of the ER. We arrived at about 8pm on Saturday and they started induction at 10pm. Labor was very intense and painful. My most painful labor I've experienced. I was in labor for over 11 hours when I delivered our baby boy. I then started to hemorrhage and the placenta wouldn't come out.

They had given me four doses of misoprostol and 3 bags of pitocin. I'm very proud of myself as I went natural (no pain meds). It took another few hours to have the placenta, I had regular contractions with those too. They were getting ready to take me to the operating room when I delivered the placenta however I was still bleeding more than they would have liked so they did one more dose of induction medicine and then we waited and they watched.

Our baby boy Stephen Alexander Larsen was born on April 27th at 9:03am. He weighed (she told me this can be inaccurate) 0.04 ounces and he was 4.5 inches long. His eyes were opened so we were able to see that he had my eyes (shape), my husband's lips, my facial structure and my feet. He also looked a lot like Elijah. My boys tend to look like their mommy. My tend to see them in my son Jack a lot as he has a lot of the same features as them.

He is getting an autopsy and Chromosome analysis (that was a bit harder on me as they have to take a small piece from him). When they are done, we will get him back and cremate him. So we will have all my testing back, autopsy, and his genetics so either way will get answers. I'm physically exhausted and not feel so well. I'm emotionally doing the best I can.

So sorry to hear about that, Radiance, that sounds like it was incredibly tough. I am glad though that you have delivered him finally, and got the chance to meet him. :hugs: :hugs: I hope you can start to heal physically soon, and I hope that the results come back quickly so that you can take him to rest. :hugs:

Fly high little Stephen. :angel:

Thinking of you and your family Radiance - my heart goes out to you. Wishing you gentle days ahead. I'm so glad that you and your DH got to spend some time with Stephen, those moments however short are so important. I hope that physically you are getting your strength back and the hospital are taking good care of you. If there is ever anything I can do just ask. I hope that the autopsy/genetic results are back quickly and that you get the answers you need.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:
xxxx

I have no words Radiance other than to offer you hugs and send up prayers for little Stephen and your family. I wish you peace and healing.

Thinking of you Radiance, I can't even begin to imagine how you're feeling. Glad you got to do things how you wanted and to spend some time with your little boy :hugs:

Thinking of you and your family Radiance. I hope they get you all the answers. :hugs:

So I had an appointment with my midwife on Wednesday and she's sending me for the glucose tolerance test. I did the one hour test with my son and passed without any issues but she said that women in their 2nd pregnancies and beyond often get results that require the 3-hour test to be done. So in light of that, she wants me to skip the easy test and just do the 3-hour test. I have to go in tomorrow morning and I'm not looking forward to getting several blood draws. Have any of you ladies gone through that test and if so, how was it?!

So I had an appointment with my midwife on Wednesday and she's sending me for the glucose tolerance test. I did the one hour test with my son and passed without any issues but she said that women in their 2nd pregnancies and beyond often get results that require the 3-hour test to be done. So in light of that, she wants me to skip the easy test and just do the 3-hour test. I have to go in tomorrow morning and I'm not looking forward to getting several blood draws. Have any of you ladies gone through that test and if so, how was it?!

I past the 1 hour test, twice, with my son. This pregnancy I went on Friday, waiting on the results of that test. I really don't want to do the 3 hour test!

Sorry to hear you have to have the 3 hour GTT. Did she say why she was going to make you do it? Is it compulsory where you are?

I haven't been scheduled to do any of the GTTs yet. Hoping I don't have to, but we'll see.

Feeling lots of movement since the past couple of days. I find it slightly uncomfortable when he's rolling around (particularly because he seems to be so low!) but the little kicks are sweet. I suppose I should enjoy it while I can before it starts to get a bit more painful? :haha:

Just completed another round of antibiotics for another UTI, and just battled thrush too (because of the antibiotics) :growlmad: The hospital wants me to take another sample in to confirm it's gone. I'm pretty sure it has though.

Not long now until my 20 week scan, either. It's on the 16th of May and I'm really nervous we'll see some kind of abnormality. For some reason, I keep worrying about his kidneys?? :shrug: I have no idea. I'm just paranoid, hopefully.

Sorry to hear you have to have the 3 hour GTT. Did she say why she was going to make you do it? Is it compulsory where you are?

I haven't been scheduled to do any of the GTTs yet. Hoping I don't have to, but we'll see.

Feeling lots of movement since the past couple of days. I find it slightly uncomfortable when he's rolling around (particularly because he seems to be so low!) but the little kicks are sweet. I suppose I should enjoy it while I can before it starts to get a bit more painful? :haha:

Just completed another round of antibiotics for another UTI, and just battled thrush too (because of the antibiotics) :growlmad: The hospital wants me to take another sample in to confirm it's gone. I'm pretty sure it has though.

Not long now until my 20 week scan, either. It's on the 16th of May and I'm really nervous we'll see some kind of abnormality. For some reason, I keep worrying about his kidneys?? :shrug: I have no idea. I'm just paranoid, hopefully.

The diabetes testing is usually not until end of second tri, however, due to being overweight I opt to take it beginning of second tri and then the beginning of third tri to be extra careful! You have a bit before needing it.:thumbup:

Ahh, okay! I think they will generally book you a GTT well in advance here if you meet certain criteria (i.e. big baby last time, developed GD in previous pregnancy, BMI too high etc) but my BMI was just a couple of points under so I missed it - this time anyway!

Ahh, okay! I think they will generally book you a GTT well in advance here if you meet certain criteria (i.e. big baby last time, developed GD in previous pregnancy, BMI too high etc) but my BMI was just a couple of points under so I missed it - this time anyway!

Yeah the doctor said since I passed it last time I didn't have too but I said I was going over cautious with everything else might as well! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->