2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Haha! I don't blame you for being over cautious. I'm the same but I think pre eclampsia is going to be the one that hits me but hopefully that is a long way off from now. :dohh:

Haha! I don't blame you for being over cautious. I'm the same but I think pre eclampsia is going to be the one that hits me but hopefully that is a long way off from now. :dohh:

Yes, I just keep thinking well this week I am OK, that is how I have made it this far!

I have actually had low blood pressure...doc is not too concerned and I am just careful about changing positions and getting up from sitting...

Hi ladies.

Hope your glucose test goes well. I've never had to do the 3 hour one, hope it's not too horrible for you.

Our 20 week scan is 20th May when I'll be 19+3, it seems ages away but it's only a couple of weeks. I also keep worrying about abnormalities a lot which I didn't do with my first 2 pregnancies. I seem to be more worried about everything this time round. Hoping they might be able to see the gender then too, so looking forward to that.

Been feeling baby wiggle and kick so much te past few days, it's so lovely :) can't wait until the kids can feel it too! They talk to my tummy now and hug it and kiss it, it's so sweet.

Can't believe it's only 3 weeks until I'm half way!

Hope you're all well :)

Hi ladies.

Hope your glucose test goes well. I've never had to do the 3 hour one, hope it's not too horrible for you.

Our 20 week scan is 20th May when I'll be 19+3, it seems ages away but it's only a couple of weeks. I also keep worrying about abnormalities a lot which I didn't do with my first 2 pregnancies. I seem to be more worried about everything this time round. Hoping they might be able to see the gender then too, so looking forward to that.

Been feeling baby wiggle and kick so much te past few days, it's so lovely :) can't wait until the kids can feel it too! They talk to my tummy now and hug it and kiss it, it's so sweet.

Can't believe it's only 3 weeks until I'm half way!

Hope you're all well :)

I am being induced at 39 weeks so I feel further along then I am! :haha:

May 30th is my 20 weeks scan, I just want to know that baby is OK!

That sucks, Castaway! Hopefully it will even out a bit more. Do you take your bp regularly? I have a machine at home that I use to monitor mine a lot. Definitely agree on the "I'm okay this week" too. I can't believe I've got this far. :cloud9:

Exciting, AllStar! Do you have any feelings on what you think the gender might be this time around?

Will you be finding out the gender too Castaway?

Me too castaway! I just want to see a happy baby wiggling about on that screen and I'll be ok.

I'm swaying towards boy but I'm not sure really! Do you ladies have any 'feelings' will you be finding out too Whigfield?

That sucks, Castaway! Hopefully it will even out a bit more. Do you take your bp regularly? I have a machine at home that I use to monitor mine a lot. Definitely agree on the "I'm okay this week" too. I can't believe I've got this far. :cloud9:

Exciting, AllStar! Do you have any feelings on what you think the gender might be this time around?

Will you be finding out the gender too Castaway?

I will be finding out gender, hopefully this Weds to send to the baker, we had it two weeks ago but of course the test came back inconclusive :dohh:

I was taking my BP but he told me to stop. It showed it was ok for the most part but could go as low as 48/70!

Me too castaway! I just want to see a happy baby wiggling about on that screen and I'll be ok.

I'm swaying towards boy but I'm not sure really! Do you ladies have any 'feelings' will you be finding out too Whigfield?

I am thinking girl which is crazy as I had a boy last time and feel that we "make boys"! :haha:

Sorry to hear you have to have the 3 hour GTT. Did she say why she was going to make you do it? Is it compulsory where you are?

I haven't been scheduled to do any of the GTTs yet. Hoping I don't have to, but we'll see.

Feeling lots of movement since the past couple of days. I find it slightly uncomfortable when he's rolling around (particularly because he seems to be so low!) but the little kicks are sweet. I suppose I should enjoy it while I can before it starts to get a bit more painful? :haha:

Just completed another round of antibiotics for another UTI, and just battled thrush too (because of the antibiotics) :growlmad: The hospital wants me to take another sample in to confirm it's gone. I'm pretty sure it has though.

Not long now until my 20 week scan, either. It's on the 16th of May and I'm really nervous we'll see some kind of abnormality. For some reason, I keep worrying about his kidneys?? :shrug: I have no idea. I'm just paranoid, hopefully.

My BMI is is high so I get to do the GTT early. Yay me! I prefer to consider myself "fluffy". :p I just checked the req from my midwife again and it says 2 hour GTT so that's a bonus! I only took the morning off from work so I have a classroom full of 12-year-olds to get to before lunch recess is over. I think I'll pack myself some snacks for afterwards so I have something to eat before I start the 45 min. drive to work.

Whig, my anatomy scan is on the 14th now and I'm nervous as well but I think it's just paranoia. We've made it this far so I'd like to think that's a good sign!

On a totally off topic note, I've been having these crazy vivid dreams throughout my pregnancy and last night I spent what seemed like hours, dreaming that the baby was born and I was breastfeeding and trying to get it just right. What I would do for a night of dreamless sleep!

My DH is CONVINCED we're having a girl but I really don't have a feeling either way. I think it would be fun to have a girl since we already have a boy but honestly, I'll just be happy with a healthy baby. Our son is also really hoping for a girl for some reason. We saw a pretty little dress at Walmart yesterday and he said "Can we buy that for my baby girl, mommy?". Talk about melting my heart!

Aw that's adorable Jallia! Ds and dd hug and kiss my bump now and talk to baby, it's so cute!

It really annoys me when people say 'oh you have one of each so I guess you don't mind what this baby is?' I never minded what any of my babies were! People also wonder why we're having a third or assume it was an accident as we already had a boy and a girl. We wanted 3 kids and would have had 3 no matter what sex they were.

Sorry it's been one of those mornings lol

Hope everyone has a nice bank holiday, is it just in the UK? :)

Today is not a holiday off from work in the US but it is cinco de Mayo big drinking day for those that can! Lol

AllStar my 'feelings' were all wrong, we found out it was a boy and I was convinced he was a girl. :haha: Be interesting to see if yours are right! I am finding that some people in my family almost seemed disappointed when we told then it was a boy... There hasn't been any girls in the family for a while but really, after everything we've been through, you think they'd be happy for us. :dohh:

Gosh, that is low Castaway! It's good that it's okay for the most part though. Will you be having a gender reveal party then? :happydance:

Oooh, good that our scans are close together, Jallia! How sweet of your son. :cloud9:

I feel like I need to say something, lol.
I've been reading but I haven't had anything to say :)
I have my anatomy scan on the 15th but we already know it's a girl, so I'm just holding my breath hoping that her heart is perfect - we know she has all the other body parts. With my first daughter I got called back in for a second ultrasound because of her heart - I didn't realize that they didn't get enough good pictures because she was so busy moving around so I just assumed the worst.
I'm finally past the point where I lost the last pregnancy - I'm not feeling any better about this one yet because I know she can be snatched away from me at any moment, but I am looking forward to her getting big enough to poke and prod so I can get her to move. Actually, after completely abstaining from caffeine for the first 16 weeks I've been having a coffee a day in the morning so I can get her moving and reassure myself that she's still alive in there. I'm so glad this will be my last baby and that I was able to have 3 blissfully innocent/ignorant pregnancies. I have no idea how women with multiple late losses do it....
Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day! It's not snowing today (it did all day yesterday) so hopefully that's it for winter? I'll cross my fingers but I'm pretty doubtful, lol.

Hi ladies!

I've been stalking - glad to hear everyone is doing ok!

Castaway - wow! that's really low! my blood pressure drops in pregnancy and I get lightheaded if I stand too quickly but I go from like 110/70 to 90/60! Nothing like you! Take it easy for sure!

Whig - I know what you mean about gender disappointment in the family! We just found out this little one is a boy this weekend and we already have a boy and I feel like everyone was giving me condolences - it was very odd!! I'm thrilled for my son to have a brother to romp with and honestly just happy he's had perfect checkups throughout the whole thing!

I was convinced he was a girl - all the old wives tales, Chinese gender predictors - everything was wrong for this little one! haha Although I went back and checked for my son and it was mostly wrong for him too :) I was convinced he was a girl because this one is so much less active it seems - but it's still early!

I've felt him move but not nearly as much as I did with my son. The last big movement I felt was on Thursday - I felt a small one yesterday but I'm just really anxious to feel him every day!!

Hi everyone! I've been feeling some movement over the last week. Was getting lots of 'kicks' on the train in the way to work on Thursday and Friday and suddenly remembered that's what used to happen when I was pregnant with dd too! Didn't feel much on sat or Sunday and started to freak out but also tell myself that its normal. Back to lots of movements again tonight though, so I'm happier again!
I've got my 20 week scan on 21st may. I too have been fretting that something will be wrong :-(. I guess that's just normal. Won't be finding out baby's gender as we want the surprise :) but as this pregnancy is almost identical to my dd's I'm veering towards it bring another girl! We will see.
Ps, whigfield, could you change my due date to 3rd October? That's my 'official' due date now going by last scan measurement so that is what the midwife recorded at my 16 week appt! Thank you :)

Lots of scans coming up soon then :)

I have my '16 week' appointment tomorrow with mw. Haven't heard the hb yet but she might do that tomorrow? I can't remember when they first do it?

Lots of scans coming up soon then :)

I have my '16 week' appointment tomorrow with mw. Haven't heard the hb yet but she might do that tomorrow? I can't remember when they first do it?

When I had my dd 2 years ago, it was standard here to check for hb at 16 week appointment. But where we are they've changed it and don't normally try until 24 weeks (or 28 weeks with 2nd pregnancy as that is the next one after 16 week appt with baby no 2!).
However, at my 16 week appt, my midwife was nice and after having asked me about previous losses she then asked if I wanted to try to listen to heartbeat. I felt a bit bad as I've got a Doppler at home but didn't want to tell her that! It was nice she could find it and have a professional tell me it sounded good :).

I feel like I need to say something, lol.
I've been reading but I haven't had anything to say :)
I have my anatomy scan on the 15th but we already know it's a girl, so I'm just holding my breath hoping that her heart is perfect - we know she has all the other body parts. With my first daughter I got called back in for a second ultrasound because of her heart - I didn't realize that they didn't get enough good pictures because she was so busy moving around so I just assumed the worst.
I'm finally past the point where I lost the last pregnancy - I'm not feeling any better about this one yet because I know she can be snatched away from me at any moment, but I am looking forward to her getting big enough to poke and prod so I can get her to move. Actually, after completely abstaining from caffeine for the first 16 weeks I've been having a coffee a day in the morning so I can get her moving and reassure myself that she's still alive in there. I'm so glad this will be my last baby and that I was able to have 3 blissfully innocent/ignorant pregnancies. I have no idea how women with multiple late losses do it....
Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day! It's not snowing today (it did all day yesterday) so hopefully that's it for winter? I'll cross my fingers but I'm pretty doubtful, lol.

Nice to hear you are doing well. :thumb up:

I only treat myself to a Diet Coke once a week on Fridays. I so look forward to that dinner! lol

Super exhausted as I went out to the Backstreet Boys concert last night and stood for like 4 hours straight so yeah very tired and super sore today!! Anyway I just wanted to give a quick update that I will be 18 weeks tomorrow and we have a prenatal appointment in the morning to make sure things are good and then we have our private gender scan tomorrow afternoon!!! Will make sure to pop in to update! :) Hope you are all well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->