2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Morning all, I haven't posted for a little while as I get very little time to myself these days and I have a new phone which I'm struggling to get the hang of!

I'm into my 20th week now!!!!!!!!! We have our scan on May 15th. My little girl's started pointing at my bump saying "baby boy" :) if I ask her does she want mummy to have a little boy she says "yeah" awww :) so we've decided to find out the gender after I initially said no I didn't want to.

Everyone says we're having a boy and I feel like its a boy too. But I don't care either way.

I'm finally enjoying being pregnant x

Exciting stuff Laelani!! Looking forward to your update :)

That's cute ourturn, my ds is convinced we're having a boy too. Not long until we can possibly find out! :D

Our appointment went well today, heard his/hers beautiful little hb for the first time!

I am the same as you ourturn, I am finally enjoying this pregnancy! I've been too worried or stressed out to properly enjoy it so far but the past few days I've been feeling lots of movement which I love and hearing the hb today, I'm actually more excited than nervous for our scan in 2 weeks!!

Seems a lot of us are having anatomy scans next week! :happydance:

Congrats on the boy, confusedprego! Yay! :happydance:

Updated everyone on the front page. :flower:

I know the feeling with the doppler, Lizzie. :haha: I was the same! I guess it would have been more exciting if I didn't have a doppler I used often.

Good luck Laelani!! That is so exciting.

Just got back from our 3D gender scan and it's a BOY!!!!!! Team Blue here as well. :blue:

Attachments

• UC BABY_17.jpg
    UC BABY_17.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 4
I had my glucose tolerance test yesterday: a blood draw, 75 mg of the gross orange glucose drink, wait an hour, blood draw, wait another hour, blood draw. They wouldn't let me drink ANYTHING after the first blood draw which I thought was a little ridiculous. I expected to be able to drink some water but they insisted it would dilute the test results. The baby was going nuts after I had the drink and I was enjoying all the movement, but that turned to concern when I realized that it was almost midnight and I hadn't felt anything since early afternoon. Luckily, I was able to find the HB after a couple minutes with the doppler and baby was hiding way down low. After Googling it this morning, it looks like it's common for baby to pretty much stop moving for up to 3 days after a glucose test. I really wish someone would have explained that to me beforehand! I started to feel movement again this afternoon so I'm feeling much better now. :)

Yay Laelani! Welcome to team :blue:! :happydance: What an adorable 3d pic! :haha:

Oh Jallia, that would have scared the crap out of me too. :haha: Glad you found baby's hb! Maybe the test tires them out?

Ugggggh, woke up at 2.30am this morning with terrible pain in my back and stomach. Laid there for a while absolutely crapping myself that something was wrong! Eventually it started to ease off and I fell back to sleep and was gone when I woke up again this morning. Hate scares!

Congrats on team blue Laelani!

Sounds horrible Jallia, I've never had to do a glucose test like that before. They just check our blood sugar later on in the pregnancy and only do further tests like that if it's high. Fingers crossed I won't have to this time either. The glucose must give them lots of energy to wiggle about which tires them out :) glad you're felling movement again now.

I would have panicked too Whigfield, glad you're feeling better now.

I had the best sleep I've had in ages last night :)

I had my glucose tolerance test yesterday: a blood draw, 75 mg of the gross orange glucose drink, wait an hour, blood draw, wait another hour, blood draw. They wouldn't let me drink ANYTHING after the first blood draw which I thought was a little ridiculous. I expected to be able to drink some water but they insisted it would dilute the test results. The baby was going nuts after I had the drink and I was enjoying all the movement, but that turned to concern when I realized that it was almost midnight and I hadn't felt anything since early afternoon. Luckily, I was able to find the HB after a couple minutes with the doppler and baby was hiding way down low. After Googling it this morning, it looks like it's common for baby to pretty much stop moving for up to 3 days after a glucose test. I really wish someone would have explained that to me beforehand! I started to feel movement again this afternoon so I'm feeling much better now. :)

The water would dilute the test and you would have had to come back and do it again as results would have been inconclusive. My tech did allow a swig of water to get that awful taste out of my mouth!!

Ugggggh, woke up at 2.30am this morning with terrible pain in my back and stomach. Laid there for a while absolutely crapping myself that something was wrong! Eventually it started to ease off and I fell back to sleep and was gone when I woke up again this morning. Hate scares!

Whigfield this happened to me a couple of weeks ago, it was like someone had put a band around my middle and pulled it really tight, totally took my breath away. Luckily it was just before a midwife drop-in session so I went straight there and was checked over, all fine. She said it was stretching pains - apparently they really can be that severe in second/third/fourth pregnancies. So at least I know not to worry if it happens again.

Laelani congrats on team blue, thats a fab potty shot!!!

Thanks, that's reassuring! I was kind of hoping it would be something like that or just really bad gas, I don't know. :haha:

Thanks ladies! It's a shock to be team blue but we are happy! :)

Yay Laelani! Welcome to team :blue:! :happydance: What an adorable 3d pic! :haha:

Oh Jallia, that would have scared the crap out of me too. :haha: Glad you found baby's hb! Maybe the test tires them out?

I worry about everything it seems! Happy to hear you felt better in the morning after your scare Whig!

Allstar- I think you're right. The sugar makes babies super hyper and then there's "sugar coma" of sorts to follow. This is according to my midwife, whom I spoke to today.

Have any of you ladies what feels like baby dropping down really low in your abdomen after being quite high up for a long time? I was consistently feeling kicks and flutters around my belly button for a couple weeks and since yesterday it seems baby is really low and I kind of feel a fullness and light pressure in my lower abdomen.

Castaway - I would have been happy to have a little swig to clear out the bad taste! I read about lots of other mamas having the 2 or 3-hour GTT and have been allowed to drink some water throughout. I wonder if they have different cutoffs for the results in that case. Either way, it's done now so I don't have to worry about it again! :)

Passed my 1 hour GD test, got a 105 which is pretty good. Will take again though at the beginning of third tri....

They said all my tests looked good but again waiting on my Harmony test. Hoping to have it by Friday and going to beg them to email my baker. :haha:

Doc did the doppler this time, he said our little one has a strong heart at about 160 beats a minute. Left feeling good, for a change. Hoping that we can continue to do well. I nearly floated away when he was like, "We are halfway there....":cloud9:

Passed my 1 hour GD test, got a 105 which is pretty good. Will take again though at the beginning of third tri....

They said all my tests looked good but again waiting on my Harmony test. Hoping to have it by Friday and going to beg them to email my baker. :haha:

Doc did the doppler this time, he said our little one has a strong heart at about 160 beats a minute. Left feeling good, for a change. Hoping that we can continue to do well. I nearly floated away when he was like, "We are halfway there....":cloud9:

It's a good feeling to be halfway there isn't it?!

I question if my placenta is at the front and reasonably high up, because the only real movement I feel is really down low. It feels like he's hammering on my cervix sometimes which scares the crap out of me. :haha:

Congrats on passing the 1 hour test Castaway! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->