2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Glad to hear everyone is doing well! Our anatomy scan is next Thursday and I'll feel so much better when I see LOs heart is perfect. She's bouncing around daily now.

DH took our van in for an oil change the other day and there was about $8000 worth of work (broken things and fluid changes and whatnot). It's a 2008 so well out of warranty - so we decided to take a look at new vans. Odysseys, Town and Countries, and Siennas were well out of our budget and Grand Caravans are much too cozy for us (did you know they're discontinued after this year?) so we got another Kia Sedona. But brand new. And there were a bunch of incentives because they're changing the style for the 2015s so we got a really super duper deal too. We didn't get much for our trade, but considering it's probably worth a negative amount for all the work they're going to have to do, DH and I finally walked out of a car dealership happy. I'm not sure that ever happens :)

Glad to hear everyone is doing well! Our anatomy scan is next Thursday and I'll feel so much better when I see LOs heart is perfect. She's bouncing around daily now.

DH took our van in for an oil change the other day and there was about $8000 worth of work (broken things and fluid changes and whatnot). It's a 2008 so well out of warranty - so we decided to take a look at new vans. Odysseys, Town and Countries, and Siennas were well out of our budget and Grand Caravans are much too cozy for us (did you know they're discontinued after this year?) so we got another Kia Sedona. But brand new. And there were a bunch of incentives because they're changing the style for the 2015s so we got a really super duper deal too. We didn't get much for our trade, but considering it's probably worth a negative amount for all the work they're going to have to do, DH and I finally walked out of a car dealership happy. I'm not sure that ever happens :)

8 k worth of work!? That's insane!! I did the same got rid of hubby's VW and bought myself a Santa Fe...he took my paid off escape!

Best of luck with your new car...after we move I think I will get a Hond Odyssey...

Those Odysseys are SO nice.... If we could afford one that's what we would have gotten.

Wow, 8k?? :shock: That's an insane amount of work! Exciting you got a new car though!

Wow that is a lot of work. Our car was similar a few months ago, the cost of work it needed doing was more than the car was worth really so we got a different one too. We were planning a bigger one once I got pregnant anyway as we were ttc at the time so we just got it a little earlier and we love it :)

Babys kicks seem to be getting really quite strong now, it can't belong until dh and the kids can feel them too! :D

Maybe get a used Caravan for practice? lol

No forever I have been saying, "I would never drive a mini van" I would have to eat a LOT of my words. :haha:

I just think for when they are little it is easier then as they get older I can transition to SUV's again. I commute too, so I will put a lot of miles in it which stinks!

For those who want to know updates, since so many of the ladies I have gotten to know on here are on my thread about Elijah and I didn't want to make a new thread I just started adding updates. Our newest update is on the last page. I hope you all are doing well :hugs:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/s...oss-sids/1959957-elijah-alexander-larsen.html

Thank you for the update, Radiance. I subscribed to your thread. :hugs: :hugs:

Hello :wave:

Exciting to see all the gender scans and alot of you nearly half way lucky things!

We had a bit of a shock, we were told at 13 week scan we were having a boy and now we are having a girl on our 16 week scan - i was happy with either but im excited to look at the girls section too now :happydance:

I saw my midwife yesterday and im booked in for a homebirth again is anyone else doing home or birthing centre?

I am doing a birth at a birthing suite...hopeful VBAC here and pretty excited. I am loving all the gender reveals too, so much fun! Excited for us to find out at our birth...anyone else Team Yellow!

That is a bit of a shock ttclou! Hope you hadn't bought too much boys stuff?

Hospital birth for me but it's a midwife led unit and it's lovely. That's if I make it! Lol I was due to give birth with dd at the larger hospital 2 hours away as she had a 2 vessel cord but I arrived at our local one to be examined before we made the trip and she was born 15 minutes later! She was fine though and I was really glad it worked out that way as I originally wanted to deliver there anyway. So all going well at the 20 week scan I'll be allowed to go to local hospital which I only live a few minutes from. I'm going to aim for no pain relief again this time as my birth with dd was so much better than with ds.

Time seems to be dragging now waiting for our scan. Just over a week to go. Hope baby cooperates and we find out the gender! We considered staying team yellow as it's our last baby (although there's since been conversations about wether it will be!! :) ) but our ds is convinced it's a boy I think we need to find out incase it isn't. Also I'll know what set of clothes to get out of storage to prepare as clothes are really the only thing we need get ready/buy so it'll be fun to do that with the kids.

Hope you're all well x

Wow ttclou, I bet you were surprised! Would you like me to update you to pink on the main group page? :flower:

Unsure what kind of birth for us.. It depends whether I end up with pre eclampsia or not I suppose! I would like to try a birthing suite and try a water birth if possible though.

Counting down the days to our 20 week scan - it's only 5 days away now. I just want to get it over and done with, so anxious. :dohh:

TTClou, that is great, they always say you can't trust those early gender determinations anyway! So exciting for you though!!!

We are being induced on October 10th if I can mentally make it there. Once I get into third tri I am going to be a complete and utter mess. We are almost done buying everything and over the next two months we will finish the room. I need the third tri to get through work and try to quiet my mind....:cry:

To be honest I would not be surprised if I am such a mess they don't induce me earlier. :haha:

I wish i could be team yellow well done to the people that wait till then end must be so special to find out after all the labour.

Lots of exciting scans coming up for 20 week :happydance::happydance:

Whigfield if you could update the front page for girl for me that would be great - hopefully i dont get told something else at 20 weeks :blush:

Castaway, how many weeks will you be on Oct 10? I can't imagine how awful those last 8 weeks are going to be for you, but I'm sure they're gonna leave LO in until the baking is complete....

Radiance - thanks for the link to your thread. I've subscribed to it. I hope you get some answers as I can only imagine how tough it must be to have all of these tests come back normal. *big hugs*

Whig - I wonder the same thing about my placenta. Lately I feel everything way down low including what feels like some kicks/punches/headbutts to my cervix! I'm a little worried what this baby will be capable of in the 3rd trimester!

3Minions - 8K?!! Holy smokes! Happy to hear you were able to get something brand new and leave the dealership with such a good deal! We just bought a Honda CRV last year and I'm thinking that will be the end of having anyone hop in with us as 2 carseats will take up the entire back row.

AllStar - feeling baby kicks here too and hubby has been lucky enough to feel them too for the last couple weeks. I find it's really only in the evening that I feel all the movement. I imagine that's because it's the only time I'm sitting down! Can't wait for our son to be able to feel them too!

Krippy - I'm way too impatient to wait until the birth to find out what we're having! Also, we only have baby boy clothes so if it's a girl I feel the need to be prepared!

ttclou - That must have been a bit of a shock to find out you were having a girl! Hopefully they don't change the gender on you again next time. :p As for delivery, we have a midwife but it will be a hospital birth.

On a personal note, the 2-hour GTT results came back and my numbers were all good. My midwife didn't specify what the numbers were exactly but that's ok. I would imagine she would have told me if they were approaching the high side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->