2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Hopefully you will be able to make it Castaway, but if you can't, I hope they keep a good eye on you and make the right decision! :hugs:

Updated for you ttclou! :happydance:

Haha Jallia! I know how you feel! :dohh:

20 weeks today. 'Officially' half way.. I can't believe it. I just want to get to v day for a bit more safety. :haha:

Glad your glucose test results were good Jallia.

Happy 20 weeks Whigfield! Not long til V day :) I can't believe we're all at/almost at the half way point now!

Castaway, how many weeks will you be on Oct 10? I can't imagine how awful those last 8 weeks are going to be for you, but I'm sure they're gonna leave LO in until the baking is complete....

39, doc said anytime after 35 is fine. I just want this baby out as the third trimester scares me so bad!

Jallia, have you looked at the Diono car seats? With a couple of those there might still be room for a 3rd bum in the back if you like taking a 3rd back seat person around with you guys....

Well Harmony came back inconclusive and I think it's bc I am too fat :( I am up 20 pounds from before my son and on my 3rd pregnancy in a year and a half but still feel like doo doo. I know once baby is here I am gonna work on getting this weight off!!

Jallia, have you looked at the Diono car seats? With a couple of those there might still be room for a 3rd bum in the back if you like taking a 3rd back seat person around with you guys....

Thanks for the advice! I will check the Diono seats out. They definitely look narrower than our current carseat. Ultimately, I'd love a 3rd row without having to buy a minivan. I know, I know, minivans are so practical but I just like the look of an SUV!

We have an frv which has 6 seats which we find so handy and because the seats are over 2 rows we still have a huge boot. It doesn't look too 'people carrier-y' either which is why we like it lol. I'm sure the extra seat will come in handy when we have 3 car seats in it too :)

We have a Dodge Journey that has the option of third row seating - I love it! it's smaller than the typical SUV with 3 rows of seats but is really functional!

I'm a bit concerned at how we'll manage with kids car seats in my husband's van, as its only a three-seater. He does pick-ups from childminder, so while its fine for one car seat, I don't know how we'll get another in as there's only one proper seat belt in the van. The other is a lap belt.

But, I am officially over half way there now and have my scan on Thursday! Baby has started kicking... alot :)

Congrats on your baby girl Elsa! We have our scan tomorrow afternoon but I'm having the tech tell my sister what we're having so we can be surprised at our gender reveal party on Saturday. Keeping fingers crossed that everything looks great on the scan. In my mind, this is the one that will allow me to finally get excited about the pregnancy and really start planning for this baby in full force. I feel like I've been holding my breath for the last 20 weeks!

We have an frv which has 6 seats which we find so handy and because the seats are over 2 rows we still have a huge boot. It doesn't look too 'people carrier-y' either which is why we like it lol. I'm sure the extra seat will come in handy when we have 3 car seats in it too :)

Hee hee AllStar, I have to confess that I was really confused about your "huge boot" comment until I looked over at your location and remembered your in Scotland. It's quite the international group we have on here! I love that we've come together from all over the world. Pretty awesome!

Congratulations elsa! This time tomorrow I'll be getting scanned too eeeekkkk

Haha Jallia! I'm on my phone which doesn't show locations so I forget we're from all over the place! It is pretty cool isn't it :)

So exciting everyone having their scans! 6 days for me!

Can't wait to hear about all the upcoming scan results:) This is such an exciting time for this group!

I was thinking last night that since we're from all over the place it would be really interesting to hear what the norm is for labor and delivery in each of our locations. I've lived in New Brunswick on Canada's east coast, in Massachusetts, about an hour outside Boston and currently in Ontario and just within those 3 locations, labor and delivery practices vary. Here in Ontario, going to an OB and having a hospital delivery is the norm, but midwives are gaining popularity at a fast rate and it's becoming more and more common to deliver in a hospital with a midwife. There's also the home delivery option but seeing as how midwives are still kind of newly popular again, that option is still uncommon.

Another interesting development here in Ontario is the move away from circumcisions. It used to be an automatic procedure until the mid-nineties. For the next 10 years or so, they still performed the procedure in the hospital with newborns as long as parents were willing to pay for it. Now, it's widely discouraged and if parents insist on a circumcision an appointment must be made at a private office. We originally intended to have our DS circumcised but cancelled our appointment after I watched a few YouTube videos and did some research. I'd say in our baby group, about half of our boys had been circumcised though I think the rates continue to decrease.

Ok that's enough for now! Would love to hear from the rest of you mamas :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->