2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Speaking of cut and uncut, it's funny how the norm has changed here. My sister is 7 years younger than me and while I've never even seen an uncut ermm "member" my sister has never seen a cut one lol.

Jailia Ill guess boy from the skull but im no expert on this at all! Will you have another scan to confirm later in pg'cy?

Ive opted for a home birth again not sure what ill do in the end though as hospital is always an option still even when booking the home birth, ideally id like to birth in the pool using tens and gas and air only. I did hyponobirthing classes with my son.

circumcision isnt something that is really done here unless medically needed. I wouldnt even let the nurse inject my son when he was born with vitamin B let alone chop his bits off - ouchie :haha:

Yup! We have another anatomy scan booked for May 28th so we'll hopefully find out for sure though I'm pretty confident with 85%. We're still going to go ahead with our gender reveal party this weekend as it's a holiday weekend here so it's also an excuse to get together with friends and family. :)

Ourturn, congratulations!
Allstar, I'll second what Castaway said. I've always been able to move my legs a bit - they're definitely not sturdy enough to walk on - but you know they're there :)

Ourturn, congratulations!
Allstar, I'll second what Castaway said. I've always been able to move my legs a bit - they're definitely not sturdy enough to walk on - but you know they're there :)

I also felt my legs with the epidural. I would describe exactly as Allstar did: they're definitely there but I wouldn't trust them to take me anywhere :)

Has anyone ever heard of one of the epidurals that still allow you to be mobile? The hospital I plan on birthing in offers these.

Also, anatomy scan today. So so nervous. Hope our little guy is okay!

Epidurals sound like they're not how I imagined then lol I don't personally know anyone who has had an epidural so I've never had anyone to ask!

Good luck Whigfield, enjoy seeing your little one :)

Epidurals sound like they're not how I imagined then lol I don't personally know anyone who has had an epidural so I've never had anyone to ask!

Good luck Whigfield, enjoy seeing your little one :)

Yeah, honestly, they are not that bad if you have a skilled person putting them in. IF they go in correctly you are good, if not it can be a big old mess with side effects.

Trust me, I felt EVERYTHING. I actually said, "What, wait, why do I feel this I have an epidural!?" LOL

Good luck today Whig :)

Yeah, they only freeze from where they go in to the spine to below it (and by freeze I mean reduce sensitivity). My baby stretched straight out and was pushing on my diaphragm on her way out - it was cramping and the most excruciating pain I had ever been in, but there was nothing they could do about it except let me push. I still get cramps there sometimes. Little stinker...

Thanks for all the congrats, I'm still totally buzzing :)

Whig I hope your scan went well today. Here's my scan pic, hopefully it will upload...

Attachments

• DSC_0107.jpg
    DSC_0107.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 5
Will update tomorrow ladies, stressful day! He measured everything normal at the scan but I'm really not happy with the sonographer. Going to hit bed now, will post a pic and what happened in the morning. :coffee:

Whig, glad the baby is okay. Sorry about the sonographer. Can't wait to hear what happened...

The first mistake in my opinion was that the scan was booked for a Friday afternoon and with a young sonographer. :wacko: As soon as we were in we felt rushed, and once she put the wand on my belly and saw the position baby was in you could see the look of annoyance on her face. She said that baby wasn't very "photogenic" so "don't expect many nice pictures" and complained a lot that he was floating on his front. She was extremely rough and my stomach feels bruised and sore today, and after she had taken all the measurements (all the while complaining all the way), she then went to attempt to take a picture or two for us. Now really, I'd much rather little Finn was okay and happy in that knowledge than worry about a stupid picture. But he was still laying on his front and all of a sudden she started hitting my stomach really hard. I saw him shoot his arms out in fright (I guess when your world is collapsing around you you kind of want to stop that happening? :nope:) and she kept doing it until he flipped over. She then laughed and mentioned how she had just "bullied" him and got a pic or two, but they "weren't great". Yeah - how about you DON'T do that.. Ever, ever again?! For the majority of the scan poor Finn had his hands over his ears and I just feel like a terrible person for not stopping her or saying something, like I've let my little boy down. :nope:

Attachments

• 10351975_10154237810030122_6501986305297926058_n.jpg
    10351975_10154237810030122_6501986305297926058_n.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 6
Such a shame you had a crappy experience whigfield :-( but glad all is ok with your little man. Try and take some comfort in that he is well protected in there so unlikely that anything the sono did would have hurt him, probably just more annoying that he had to change from the position he was most comfortable in! Xxx

And congrats on all the good scans ladies, I have mine next weds! Just want it to be here already! X

Midwife led care here, I'm having hb so epi not an option but I had it with my first due to Pitocin use (agree that is the devils work and no way would I happily take that shit again lol) unnecessarily, I didn't like having epidural and been stuck on my back, it's not my thing. So having water birth, tens before hand and they will bring had and air if I request it. I will refuse any morphine based drug again as I don't want baby effected so that won't even be available. I am doing hypnobirthing which I did with my youngest n it really is fab and helps so much. Plan at moment is to call mw only when needed, even if that happens to be after I've birthed the baby. Just put my trust in my body and baby and listen to my instincts, in all 5 pregnancies they have always been right for good or for bad. My hubby, best friend and mum will be there, I want my girls there too, I know my eldest (my mini mw) will be wanting to watch and I'm more than happy with that. It's going to be my perfect birth, I think it's about time at least one went to plan lol.

Whigfield, that is horrendous. I would be calling, complaining and get money back if you paid co pays, etc.

That's awful Whigfield, bad enough to feel rushed let alone the other stuff. I would definitely complain too. Glad all is well with your little one though :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->