2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Ds keeps asking how many sleeps until we get new photos of baby :) the kids will be staying with their nanna while we go to scan as it's a 2 hour drive just to be there for a short while and they can't come in anyway so if we find out boy or girl we are going to phone him as soon as we get out to let him know as he's really excited! So he will be first to know :)

Whigfield - Thats awful im so sorry to hear that what a bitch - its always easy to say after 'i wish id said'..... as at the time your probably in shock this stupid woman is carrying on as she did. Make sure you make a complaint not just for you and your experience but so noone else has the horrid lady too. xx

Whig, I'd be calling and talking to whoever the manager/boss is. I didn't get a single picture of my ultrasound because babe was right under my placenta and super squished - I asked the ultrasound tech if she wanted me to poke myself to get baby to move to a better position and she said you NEVER do that because it causes your uterus to spasm (I think braxton hicks.) She said you can't feel them, but she can certainly see them on the screen. Everything went okay for you, but that dum dum could end up hurting someone in a precarious position of her behavior isn't corrected.

Oh god, I didn't know that was possible! I think I will definitely complain at my next midwife appointment. If she had asked, I would have just jiggled around myself a bit anyway - that got him to turn at the private gender scan we had! Thanks for all the replies though. :flower:

What a PITA that tech was Whigfield! Happy to hear you plan to mention it at your next MW appointment. Sounds like she's not done with her education yet based on her behaviour.

We had our gender reveal party yesterday and we're having another boy! Our son was disappointed but he's getting over it. I personally think it will be awesome for him to have a brother to grow up with. :) I've attached a picture of the reveal itself. My sister made the box and it was quite an elaborate setup!

Attachments

• P1040156 (Large).jpg
    P1040156 (Large).jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 12
What a PITA that tech was Whigfield! Happy to hear you plan to mention it at your next MW appointment. Sounds like she's not done with her education yet based on her behaviour.

We had our gender reveal party yesterday and we're having another boy! Our son was disappointed but he's getting over it. I personally think it will be awesome for him to have a brother to grow up with. :) I've attached a picture of the reveal itself. My sister made the box and it was quite an elaborate setup!

Totally adorable!

Since I can't get hubby to stay Team yellow we are having a reveal bar b q on the 7th!

Totally adorable!

Since I can't get hubby to stay Team yellow we are having a reveal bar b q on the 7th!

Awesome! Our reveal bbq was a ton of fun :)

That's an awesome box Jallia! Your sister is a good wrapper. Me, not so much. Lol.

Thanks ladies. :hugs:

Yay Jallia, a boy! :happydance: I bet your son will love having a little brother to take care of! Updating you! :)

Jalia thats a brilliant reveal and congratulations on your boy!!

Whig I'm sorry to read about your awful scan experience, that is so unnecessary and definitely worthy of a complaint. Main thing is your little man is doing fine.

After telling me on Thursday "no" she didn't want mummy to have a baby girl, my DD has started 'sharing' things with her baby sister over the weekend, putting toys next to my bump and putting flowers in my waistband saying "baby" and pouring 'juice' from her watering can onto my bump for "baby" while she's pouring 'juice' for her teddies awww I love her soooooo much x

That's so cute ourturnnext! My dd is totally ignoring us anything we mention to her anything about the baby. It's like 'if I pretend bits not happening, it's not happening'! Eeek!

Congratulations Jallia, lovely reveal!!

That's really sweet ourturn, dd keeps hugging and kissing my bump and 'giving it things' lol ds talks about the baby and gets excited about helping us look after him or her when it's here. It's so lovely involving them isn't it :)

Tomorrow is our scan and when we will hopefully be finding out boy or girl!! I'm a little nervous but very excited to see baby again!

Ourturn, that's adorable! Our son is super excited to have a sibling but he was pretty disappointed to see blue balloons come out of the reveal box. He was 100% convinced that he was having a sister. I'm quite sure he'll prefer a brother once he gets a bit older but for now he's still telling us how he really wanted a sister. :p

Scan went great, everything measuring perfectly and it's a...boy!!!!

Ds is so happy! :) we're just delighted baby is happy and healthy.

We had to go for a couple of walks to try get baby to move for the head and face measurement and the cord was around about his legs but he checked a couple of times and he was certain it was a boy and I definitely thought so too.

Hoping now I can relax a little and enjoy the second half of my pregnancy (well, worry a little less!) feeling him every day helps too.

Just so happy right now!

Hope everyone is well :)

Congratulations AllStar! I'll update you! :happydance:

So, ladies.. What do braxton hicks feel like, and is it possible they can start this early? In the past few hours I've been having real uncomfortable tightening/pressure feeling very down low, I originally thought it was just him rolling around (I find it uncomfortable so low down) but it lasts for between 10-30 seconds at a time - could it possibly be BH? Or is it more likely to be him stretching and rolling and stuff around and trying to make some more room?

Thank you!

BH feel like that for me. Really tight, and uncomfortable, especially if I'm sitting. I've been getting them for a couple of weeks but I got them early on with my other babies too. I get them more if I do a lot of walking or do too much.

Congrats Allstar! At least your DS was happy about a boy! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->