**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Waiting for the nurse to call me back to schedule my appt. Actually hoping they don't want to see me until next week bc I'm babysitting all this week. There's no way I can bring 2 toddlers (3 if on Thursday!) to a doctor appointment. :dohh:

2. How early should I be making an appointment with the doc? I'm going back and forth about hospital or home birth and I have no idea where to start.

3. Has anyone used a midwife in the US? If I choose to find a midwife, would I still see my Ob/Gyn first?

Sorry but this is my first pregnancy and I'm clueless!

I say calling sooner is the best. Some doctors (I know here on this base at least) are packed and it can take a bit to get in. And this way you can possibly get through you prenatal blood works already.

I think you may see your OB/GYN initially and then go to the Midwife but I'm not 100% sure - this is my first. I'd suggest going to the OB/GYN and then letting them know you want to go Midwife.

I personally want to do a hospital birth all natural. I'm terrified of an epidural.

I called my doctor last week and have an appointment for the 10th. It won't be much though, just a pee test probably to confirm. Then scheduling blood work. We get our first u.s at 8 weeks, then another one at 13 I believe. I'm hoping the monitor me a little closer this time. We'll see!

2. How early should I be making an appointment with the doc? I'm going back and forth about hospital or home birth and I have no idea where to start.

3. Has anyone used a midwife in the US? If I choose to find a midwife, would I still see my Ob/Gyn first?

I say calling sooner is the best. Some doctors (I know here on this base at least) are packed and it can take a bit to get in. And this way you can possibly get through you prenatal blood works already.

I think you may see your OB/GYN initially and then go to the Midwife but I'm not 100% sure - this is my first. I'd suggest going to the OB/GYN and then letting them know you want to go Midwife.

I personally want to do a hospital birth all natural. I'm terrified of an epidural.

I hear you on the whole epidural thing. No thank you! I don't even like my mouth numbed at the dentist lol Thanks for the help, I think I'll call my doctor today.

I refuse to have an epidural this time. I had a horrible experience with it with my dd. It took the doctor 3x to get it in then it only took on my right side. Was stuck like that for 4 hours until the doctor fixed it and then it was too strong, pushed for 2 hours and it wore off in the end. Not worth my time or money tbh lol

But I do know a lot of women who had amazing experiences with an epidural.

I already want an epidural haha. Like right now. So I really don't feel it come d-day lol

Just did 45 mins on the treadmill! Feel great, but I'm really shaky for some reason....

My mom had a problem with her epidural with me, it made the fluid from her brain leak out of her spine. And my sister has back problems because she had it with both if her kids.

Hey ladies! May I join? I am also due in August, the 5th :) hoping to make it to my first appt 12/29, and my first ultrasound 1/12 ! Until then just sitting here worrying about my back pain/cramping that I've had since before I got my first BFP :(!

Is the back pain constant from one side to the other and more in the middle than lower? Or is it just lower and sporadic? Any spotting??

fx'd

My back pain has been in my left lower side for over a week now, almost feels like I pulled something. The first couple days I couldn't bend over without having a lot of pain, it's gotten better but it's still there. The cramping is similar to AF cramps both in front and in my lower back. :/

Tridda - welcome and congrats! We are due the 5th as well!

Kyla's- thanks, and congrats to you as well! Hoping for sticky babies for all of us!

I hate to say it, but I'm glad I'm not the only 'pregnant after a loss' person here. I need someone to share the paranoia with!

I pretty sure a lot of us share the paranoia lol.

Tridda I hope things work out. I wouldn't worry until there is bleeding :)

Very paranoid here! I Expect things to go wrong almost :/ but that's what having a previous MC will do to ya.

It's normal to be paranoid after a loss. I was a complete wreck with my pg with dd. I looked back at all the posts I made in first tri and I feel sorry for all the ladies who read through all of my craziness lol you can't help thinking what if and what is this cramping, is this back pain normal? Etc. that's all I did with my last pregnancy and never got to enjoy it. I told myself this time around whatever happens will happen and I'll meet it when it does. In the mean time I'm thoroughly enjoying this pregnancy to the fullest (even the exhaustion lol).

I'm exactly five weeks today and went in for my follow-up bloodwork this morning. Haven't heard back yet, but while I was there, the doctor said, "you know, I want to do an ultrasound on you."

It was totally unexpected and he told me we probably wouldn't see anything, but there it was... MY BUBBLE! :happydance: The doctor said it's a really good sign that the sac is so visible already, as it means my hcg has to be pretty high. It was 204 six days ago and he wants it to be above 1,800 today.

Fingers crossed and lots of prayers lifted. Meanwhile, the mild cramps I was having last week have re-emerged. I'm not having any bleeding and they don't hurt, so I'm hoping it just my uterus expanding. They don't feel anything like my miscarriages did, fortunately.

Attachments

• 20141201_094631.jpg
    20141201_094631.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly