• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Hiya my EDD is 14th August forgot how much I hate 1st tri :dohh:

Definitely going to be very cautious, we are so excited but in till I have a healthy baby in my arms I will be able to relax.

We can all lean on each other for advice and comfort x

Welcome all new ladies! I'll add you all to the front page once I get a break from work. It should be picking up soon, but usually only for a bit then I might have time. But it will get updated today. It is a lot of work I will say lol. I have to write the names and dates down in my phone then go update the front page lol.

Anyway, nothing really new for me. Antibiotics are working wonders on my sinus infection which I am SO SO SO thankful for. I was so miserable. Been having a very hard time sleeping. Seems I can only sleep for a few hours at a time despite that I am extremely exhausted. Hoping to hear back from my OB today or tomorrow about an appointment. They make you have an appointment first then they will schedule an ultrasound. I have a week and a half off from work over Christmas and my GF took it off too so I'm hoping during my first appointment they can schedule an ultrasound for then. Hopefully they can get my first appointment soon or I may call and beg haha.

As for symptoms, tired although I can't sleep, super sore boobs, some cramping and lower back pain, a bit of nausea here and there mostly when I start getting hungry and I need to eat every 2-4 hours or else I get so hungry I feel like I'm going to die. And that's not a lie.

I'm with you ladies on our losses. I feel like it's taken the magic of pregnancy away. Like now I'm petrified something will be wrong or I'll go for an ultrasound and not see anything. And I'm not telling anyone! It makes it hard to really relax and enjoy being pregnant. Can't wait till we all get our first ultrasounds and can relax a bit :)

Hi ladies!
Hope everyone had a splendid weekend!
So i had my first visit with my doctor. No exam yet, we just discussed what our next steps are. Had my first round of blood work. I should get my HCG count today and then I will be going for another round. When it is high enough, I will go for my first ultrasound.
Having some pains in my back that are just awful! Didn't hardly sleep last night. Constipated. Boobs hurt.
How is everyone doing?

QueenQueso I loooove your HP avatar! And Pinkee, is that your real hair color? If so, I'm obsessed. I used to have hot pink hair, was about to dye it again but then got my bfp lol

Anyone else DTD still? I told myself no sex until after first trimester, but... I couldn't help myself. My sex drive is thru the roof! I never had one before my bfp. I never had one during my pregnancy with dd either, so weird!

Thank you, I <3 HP! And yeah, we're still DTD when the mood strikes (so, not often, lol). It's been only twice since I found out, maybe twice before the + test. With the TTC, we've actually DTD less than usual, I think, because of all the 'pressure' to do it during the right time it makes us NOT want to do it the rest of the time.

Poppie that's so cool about your mum! My mum is the only person I've told too.

14 dpo today and I should miss my period! I just did a test and the line is now darker than the control line and I got a decent line on an internet cheapie at last!

I just retched taking my prenatals this morning. And I don't even take the big ones I take seven seas which are the size of a bcp!
Have you tried taking them in the evening instead of the morning? I take mine at night because in previous pregnancies, I haven't been able to keep them down in the morning.

AFM, still waiting for confirmation of insurance plan change so I can make a dr appt. No pregnancy coverage currently. It's only been a week since I called, she said it usually takes 3 days to switch but the offices were closed for non-emergencies on Thursday and Friday for the holiday, so I'm hoping that it will be fixed tomorrow! I'd like to make an apt before Christmas.

hi everyone, im due early august some time, 5th possibly, this was our 5th clomid cycle, first after an ectopic in september. all more normal this cycle so fingers crossed we'll have an august baby, or july. im breastfeeding my nearly 3 year old many many times a day, not so tender at the moment, just need to keep my fluids up i think. im also following the brewers diet due to previous gd, its a *lot* of food to eat a day, all healthy stuff, hopefully can manage it when ive a bit more appetite.

I have had luck with chewy prenatals. They taste like candies.

Hi all. Welcome new people. Sorry I haven't been on for a little bit, wifey and I have both been so so sick! One of our current Things (children) brought home a stomach bug... UGH.

Other than that things are going well. Wifey continues to have morning sickness/all day sickness, poor thing. Sucking on peppermint seems to help, as does making sure she and baby don't get too hungry! We've been leaving crackers at the bedside and she eats one or two as soon as she gets up to line her stomach. Works alright.

Also, my ticker is wrong but I don't know how to fix it! We are 4w5d along, not 4w3d. I calculated due date based on ovulation date, but the ticker made me put it in as LMP. I want credit for those 2 days! LOL

Just got a call from my doctor. The rapid strep test she did Friday came back negative, but the culture which takes a couple days was positive. So on top of my sinus infection I have strep throat too. No wonder I was so miserable. But, good news is the antibiotic she put me on for my sinus infection will kill the strep too. It's actually what they put me on back in May when the boys I nanny gave me strep. The GF did get strep a cpl months ago and then never finished her round of antibiotics so I wonder if that's where I got it from this time. Hopefully convincing her to go get a strep test, but she probably won't. She doesn't like doctors and the antibiotic they gave her gave her bad tummy issues. But hopefully she will go and get tested and maybe put on a different antibiotic. With my weakened immune system we have to be careful.

I really want to go get my butt on the treadmill for half an hour or so, but I'm just so tired. Not sleeping well even though I'm exhausted.

jaspie - I second taking them at night if you can. Or switching to a different brand you can stomach better.

ace - hope you all get to feeling better! That's no fun.

I have had luck with chewy prenatals. They taste like candies.

I'm also taking the chewy ones! I have yet to take them this morning though because I feel nausea. It's kind of exciting though, everything must be good so far.

Feeling so blah this morning. Headache, super tired, light cramping, just blahhhhhh. Babysitting my daughter's play friend today so running after 2 toddlers as well. About to give my doctor a call to schedule an appt in the next couple weeks.

Doctor called and I'm definitely pregnant lol. Said I can do my prenatal blood work this week or in 2-3 weeks. I'm going to go ahead and do them tomorrow. She said I'm roughly 4w5d so my guess of Aug 5 is accurate! I've never made it to the prenatal bloodwork stage before!

Cranberry - haven't seen you in ages.

Congrats everyone! :)

I remember my loss like it was yesterday although it was 4 years ago and had a chemical in May I'm hoping that all of our pregnancies will run smoothly. June-August is gonna be pretty expensive for me lol.

I don't have anymore room to put the august banner underneath :(

I got a darker frer this morning and 1-2 digi

Xxx

Not that I'm wishing for the pregnancy symptoms I had previously, but I have NOTHING. Nada. At all. haha. Not even sore boobs. I remember how those felt last time though from weeks 6-12 and I'm not exactly looking forward to it. But anyone else not have any symptoms at all? I'm not even tired.... hmmm

Feeling so blah this morning. Headache, super tired, light cramping, just blahhhhhh. Babysitting my daughter's play friend today so running after 2 toddlers as well. About to give my doctor a call to schedule an appt in the next couple weeks.

I hear ya. I'm a nanny so I'm chasing kids most if the day, but have a 3 or so your break after I drop them off at school so taking it easy during that time except for some exercise on the treadmill!

Doctor called and I'm definitely pregnant lol. Said I can do my prenatal blood work this week or in 2-3 weeks. I'm going to go ahead and do them tomorrow. She said I'm roughly 4w5d so my guess of Aug 5 is accurate! I've never made it to the prenatal bloodwork stage before!

We are due August 5th too!

Cranberry - haven't seen you in ages.

Congrats everyone! :)

I remember my loss like it was yesterday although it was 4 years ago and had a chemical in May I'm hoping that all of our pregnancies will run smoothly. June-August is gonna be pretty expensive for me lol.

I don't have anymore room to put the august banner underneath :(

I got a darker frer this morning and 1-2 digi

Xxx

I second hoping all our pregnancies run smoothly. I'm so scared something will happen like last time though. Definitely scared by my last experience.

Not that I'm wishing for the pregnancy symptoms I had previously, but I have NOTHING. Nada. At all. haha. Not even sore boobs. I remember how those felt last time though from weeks 6-12 and I'm not exactly looking forward to it. But anyone else not have any symptoms at all? I'm not even tired.... hmmm

You're still very early. I'm sure they will come. Or you will be one of the lucky ones with a symptom free pregnancy.

I also have zero symptoms! I'm not complaining and I'm hoping I just get lucky. It's still nerve wracking though...I don't feel pregnant! :shrug:

My symptoms just started showing up. The ones I noticed first were the fatigue and short temper lol. Then Saturday I started getting back pain. Yesterday my boobs started to hurt and then today the morning sickness kicked in slightly.

Ladies, I have a few (probably stupid) questions...

1. How do I get the cute August banner thing on my signature?

2. How early should I be making an appointment with the doc? I'm going back and forth about hospital or home birth and I have no idea where to start.

3. Has anyone used a midwife in the US? If I choose to find a midwife, would I still see my Ob/Gyn first?

Sorry but this is my first pregnancy and I'm clueless!

Ladies, I have a few (probably stupid) questions...

1. How do I get the cute August banner thing on my signature?

2. How early should I be making an appointment with the doc? I'm going back and forth about hospital or home birth and I have no idea where to start.

3. Has anyone used a midwife in the US? If I choose to find a midwife, would I still see my Ob/Gyn first?

Sorry but this is my first pregnancy and I'm clueless!

1. August banner is in the front page with instructions how to post :)

2. Depends on your doctors practices. They usually have a time they recommend, but no problem calling and asking or scheduling a booking appointment to confirm pregnancy even if you have to wait a while for an ultrasound. You will need care no matter what kind if birth you prefer. My advice would be to start with your OB and go from there.

3. No idea on that, sorry. But your OB might be able to refer you/recommend somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->