**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Ouch sneezing hurts so bad, every time I sneeze I feel pulling low down in my stomach

I'm exactly five weeks today and went in for my follow-up bloodwork this morning. Haven't heard back yet, but while I was there, the doctor said, "you know, I want to do an ultrasound on you."

It was totally unexpected and he told me we probably wouldn't see anything, but there it was... MY BUBBLE! :happydance: The doctor said it's a really good sign that the sac is so visible already, as it means my hcg has to be pretty high. It was 204 six days ago and he wants it to be above 1,800 today.

Fingers crossed and lots of prayers lifted. Meanwhile, the mild cramps I was having last week have re-emerged. I'm not having any bleeding and they don't hurt, so I'm hoping it just my uterus expanding. They don't feel anything like my miscarriages did, fortunately.

Beautiful scan!!! How exciting! And cramping is normal! Just your uterus making the baby nice and cozy :thumbup:

I'm exactly five weeks today and went in for my follow-up bloodwork this morning. Haven't heard back yet, but while I was there, the doctor said, "you know, I want to do an ultrasound on you."

It was totally unexpected and he told me we probably wouldn't see anything, but there it was... MY BUBBLE! :happydance: The doctor said it's a really good sign that the sac is so visible already, as it means my hcg has to be pretty high. It was 204 six days ago and he wants it to be above 1,800 today.

Fingers crossed and lots of prayers lifted. Meanwhile, the mild cramps I was having last week have re-emerged. I'm not having any bleeding and they don't hurt, so I'm hoping it just my uterus expanding. They don't feel anything like my miscarriages did, fortunately.

Aww love the scan picture!

Love the picture! So exciting And nice that your doctor did that :) congrats!!

As of today I can officially add vomiting to my symptom list! Holy cow I hope it's not like this for long :( And earlier today I had such bad cramps that I would have sworn something was wrong.

Here's to moms who have put up with this to bring us into the world. This little one will be worth it, please be healthy.

Hopefulone how many days/weeks are you? I also got my bfp....hmmm, should I be worried I'm symptomless? Lol.

Look at that beautiful little sac! Congratulations. I have my fingers crossed for you and for all of us on here.

Hopefulone how many days/weeks are you? I also got my bfp....hmmm, should I be worried I'm symptomless? Lol.

I'm 4w4d today. I've only had a few cramps off and on a sore back up until today. I wouldn't worry about it (or try not to) :)

Some women have symptoms starting early, but for a lot of women it takes time for the hormones to build up before the symptoms come.

Okay! :) I think I'm 4 weeks today! I'm so excited. It doesn't feel real.

Finally got a call back from the nurse. I go in tomorrow for bloods and I have my scan scheduled for next Tuesday 12/9 at 11:00am, so excited! Feeling a lil nauseous today, hoping it's a good sign! I'm feeling really guilty about dtd last night. I can't stop shaking the feeling I did something to the babes :(

Awesome scan pic! Your doctor sounds great.

Today i felt absolutely exhausted at work this afternoon I literally couldn't keep my eyes open, couldn't concentrate, kept forgetting what I was doing halfway through. I've got it again now. Zzzzzz. I retched swallowing my vitamins then again while eating breakfast, lunch and when I was talking to OH after work. It just comes out of nowhere it's really weird! I hope it's not a sign of things to come cos it's too obvious to happen at work often!!

I went to the doctors today! She was fab she's a lovely doctor. She gave me a flu jab and put my info on the computer and then took me to reception to fill out a form to sort the booking appointment with the midwife! The midwife will call me within a week to schedule the first appointment for 8 weeks! And then I got a pregnancy pack with info about screening tests, breastfeeding, a schedule of antenatal appointments and other bits and bobs inc a big maternity record form which I need to fill in certain sections before the midwife appt. We felt really excited after leaving as I didn't expect anything to really happen at this stage!

Evening everyone. I was a bit naughty today and told a friend about the pregnancy. It's far to early but I felt I wanted someone to talk to about it. I know it's early days but I'm determined to be positive and enjoy it as much as possible. In my previous two pregnancies I kept it a secret until 12-14 weeks.

Evening everyone. I was a bit naughty today and told a friend about the pregnancy. It's far to early but I felt I wanted someone to talk to about it. I know it's early days but I'm determined to be positive and enjoy it as much as possible. In my previous two pregnancies I kept it a secret until 12-14 weeks.

I've told a few friends and immediate family; I figure I'll want support no matter how things go :hugs:

2. How early should I be making an appointment with the doc? I'm going back and forth about hospital or home birth and I have no idea where to start.

3. Has anyone used a midwife in the US? If I choose to find a midwife, would I still see my Ob/Gyn first?

I'm going back and forth between hospital and home birth too, but for me, its more like home birth or early cesarean. My first pregnancy was frank breech, face up, which was not a position that is very favorable for delivery. I was 10-12 days overdue (they changed my due date twice during the pregnancy...) and there was a low fluid level so we couldn't get him to turn. My second pregnancy, I wanted to vbac, but was unable to find a midwife practicing in my area (the two that I could find, one had retired and the other said I was outside of her coverage area) so I went with the ONLY OBs office that would allow it. They had this arbitrary rule that you were only allowed to go overdue by 1 week, no matter if everything was still healthy or not. They were my only option, so I went with them. They scheduled a cesarean for 8 days overdue, I couldn't get labor to jumpstart and there was no other office to turn to if I refused the cesarean and they got mad and declined to reschedule me. So I feel absolutely forced into the repeat cesarean, even though I had many signs of impending labor. I am 100% positive if they'd have just waited a couple days, it would've happened. So now, having had 2 previous cesareans, neither of which were for serious complications that are likely to happen again, NO doctors office around will even let me carry to term. They want me to do surgery at 39 weeks, no matter my personal history of going almost 2 weeks overdue. So for me, having a baby at 39 weeks is basically the equivalent of having a baby 3 weeks early. The baby may or may not be ready yet.

The doctors office that I'll most likely be making an appointment at likes to see you for the first time at I think 10 weeks, but I've never started a pregnancy with them so I'm not positive. I've spoken to two different midwives who do homebirth in my area and both of them need a copy of my surgical records before we go any further, and I'm having trouble getting the records dept. of the hospital to return my messages.

If you're using a midwife not working directly with a doctors group (many of the ones who deliver in hospitals have an OB group that they work specifically with), then you'll need to find a 'back-up' OB. That can be tricky, depending on your area. I haven't been able to find one so far that accepts my insurance and who is willing to work with someone planning a home birth, many OB's are dead set against it, even for women who have absolutely no risk factors whatsoever. It's really up to you if you want to see an OB or the midwife first. You can make an appointment with one for peace of mind, and then change later if you need to, or you can wait until you find a midwife and see if there are any OB's she could recommend.

I'll probably call by the end of the week to set up an appointment, I'm coming up on the 6 week mark and would like to have an u/s to confirm a healthy pregnancy by Christmas. But that dr doesn't support home birth or vba2c, so if I go the home birth route, I'll have to switch.

There are sooo many things to think about with home birth that don't apply to a hospital birth, like for example, if you want the Vitamin K shot for your baby at birth. They have it ready to go for you in the hospital, but at home, you have to procure it for yourself. If you're having a boy and you're going to circumcise, they do that at the hospital before discharge. If you're at home, you have to find someone willing to do it (sometimes a pediatrician, sometimes a Jewish Mohel, if I spelled that right). But the plusses are also numerous- Less interventions, more calm environment, delayed cord clamping/cutting which is very good for the baby, soothing water birth, being allowed to move and act however you want during labor, no one rushing you or trying to 'move things along' so they can go home, more postpartum and breastfeeding support at home, etc.

If you haven't already, or you don't have a lot of friends who have done it, try searching facebook for a homebirth group in your area. There are lots of private groups that you could join.

(Sorry for the massively long post, I really did not intend to write sooooo much!! :wacko:)

I'm sure I'll calm down, but for now, I'm just so excited! I'm glad that we're all in this together, especially since I'm not telling anyone about the pregnancy yet and am bursting at the seams with the news.

I got a call back from my doctor's office and the beta is 2,804 (doctor said minimum he wanted to see would be 1,800) and progesterone is 30.

Does anyone know what it means for my beta to be at that level? I'm around 21DPO.

Quick question, everyone seems to be having blood work. What for exactly?

I've never had blood work early in pregnancy, this is my third baby. I can really only for-sure remember them taking blood at the gestational diabetes test, and that's not for months yet.

I have told a friend too hehe.

The reason I told my friend was because we went to see a physic 2 weeks ago and she said I would have a baby girl next year. And that the month April was jumping out at her. Well April will be when we find out the sex so she was spot on with the baby next year haha

I've never had blood work early in pregnancy, this is my third baby. I can really only for-sure remember them taking blood at the gestational diabetes test, and that's not for months yet.

In the uk we get blood drawn at the booking in appointment, it's basically checking for blood group, hiv, see if your immune to rubella ect.

We don't get the hcg checked Unless you have had reoccurring mc x

I'm having bloodwork and ultrasounds, because my pregnancy is the result of an IUI and I'm turning 36 this month. So, they're monitoring me closely. I'll get bloodwork twice a week from here on out at least for the first trimester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->