**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Awesome bump Greats! So awesome that you were able to get lots done today!

I hear you about winter, not a lot of snow but freezing here...

Here's my 11 week bump picture! Feeling very pregnant today. Decided to purge my bedroom, have thrown away 4 garbage bags full of junk or ratty clothing & have another bag of good clothes to give to my sis in law. Nesting hardcore today!

Nausea isn't too bad today but maybe that's because I've been keeping myself busy. Have to take a lot of breaks from cleaning though bc when I start overdoing it I get a lil crampy with lower back aches.

Snowed again today! I'm over this winter crap. Bring on spring! :thumbup:

Ooh I'm gonna start taking bump pics at 11 weeks too!!! And I'm totally in a cleaning mood as well. I had the strangest dream last night that I swept and mopped my sidewalk from my door, down to the road and then went around the block o_O

And it flurried here the other day, which is surprising because I'm in southern Turkey haha.

It's freezing here too. We're not going above freezing for a week. Every time I take dd outside she yells, "it cold!". It's so cute, but so true.
Feeling nauceous before I even got out of bed today. I guess I should appreciate it though cause DH couldn't find the hb last night with the Doppler. Trying to chalk it up to him being out of practice but was disconcerting none the less. Any tips on finding the hb from you ladies?

Hmmm doppler tips....keep searching until you find it lol. I had to search a long time the first few times. Sometimes it helped if I sucked my stomach in and held my breath. Also helped if my bladder was a little full, and *ahem* I've gone #2 recently. Or else I mostly heard intestinal noises haha.

I can find her pretty easily now, but it was harder in the beginning.

Hey ladies sorry I haven't been on lately...busy busy busy...m/s has gotten much better

Kyla congrats on your baby girl...I was going to guess girl as the heartbeat was fast like with my daughter but asI caught up on all I've missed I seen you already found out lol

Hey ladies sorry I haven't been on lately...busy busy busy...m/s has gotten much better

Kyla congrats on your baby girl...I was going to guess girl as the heartbeat was fast like with my daughter but asI caught up on all I've missed I seen you already found out lol

Thank you! We found out Monday. Still hard to believe :cloud9:

Is anyone else already worrying about after the baby comes? Like the hospital stay and first few days/weeks after? My mother has already told me she wants to be at the hospital with me and that I'll need her even though I told her I don't want anyone at the hospital until a few hours after Ava is here. Same with bringing her home. M mom wants to take that week off of work and I really don't want anyone there. I'll be in pain, a mess, figuring things out and have my boobs out most of the time. I've told my mom her being there really isn't necessary. Especially since she says she wants to be there to hold the baby, not to help us or anything. I know I'm going to have a huge battle on my hands. And OHs parents are 2hrs away and she was hinting at having them stay with us, but I shot that down quick. If I don't feel comfortable with my own mother there I'm definitely not going to be comfortable with other people.

I had another ultrasound today! :)
Baby is measuring right on time.
I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow.
I saw lots of waving and jumping. <3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 8
Sass, that's adorable re your daughter, I feel the same way as her, if I could I would not go outside at all for the months of January and February.

Congrats Kdear on your scan!

Kylas, I would honestly not try to accommodate anyone else's wishes when it comes to the birth of your child and your first couple of days at home. Honestly, do whatever you and your partner think is best; if you only want the two of you there then let your Mother know that. My Mom and sister were supposed to be present for Isla's birth and they missed it (she was too quick) but in the end it was really nice just having DH there and it will be the way we plan it next time too.

With Isla we were inundated with visitors every weekend from the time she was born (late August) until November :wacko: It was exhausting and honestly next time we'll worry less about making sure that friends/family get to meet the baby and focus on having more quality time as a family.

Oops forgot to add that my Mom did stay with us for 2.5 weeks after Isla was born and it was honestly amazing, (I'm going to try and get her to stay for longer next time). :haha:

She helped look after Isla so I could nap during the day, cleaned the house, got groceries and made dinner for us. It was amazing to have all of the support and really helped DH and I at the beginning, especially when we were also dealing with tons of visitors and my raging hormones.

I have a very close relationship with my Mom though and was comfortable bfing in front of her, etc, if you don't have that kind of relationship it might make things awkward...

Having a newborn is tough though so extra help might be nice, again it depends on if you think your Mom actually be helpful though...

My mom has said she would only be there to hold the baby. She wouldn't actually do anything else to help out. I grew up in her daycare in our house and am a nanny so I've raised a fair number of kids so I'm not really worried about how anything will go with her once she is here. So honestly it would just bother me having my mother there because I'll want that time to bond with my baby and if I need to nap or anything OH will watch her and vice versa. I'll be breast feeding so pretty much sleeping when she will be sleeping.

It's freezing here too. We're not going above freezing for a week. Every time I take dd outside she yells, "it cold!". It's so cute, but so true.
Feeling nauceous before I even got out of bed today. I guess I should appreciate it though cause DH couldn't find the hb last night with the Doppler. Trying to chalk it up to him being out of practice but was disconcerting none the less. Any tips on finding the hb from you ladies?

We always seem to find the placenta quickly (you'll know it from the distinctive wind blowing through trees sound) and baby always seems to be close by.

But as Kyla said it can take awhile!

Greats lovely bump picture!

I have my first scan tomorrow so going to do a bump picture before hand :) I feel massive but my mum thinks I'm small :-/ haha

I think my fatigue is gone…

I am almost scared of jinxing it, but at 11 w 1 d and nearly 3:00 in the afternoon I am sitting at my desk and…wait for it…not fighting to keep my (throbbing) eyes open and not in such a stupor that I can barely think straight, speak above a mumble or string a coherent sentence together.

Whoa. I actually feel like a normal human being, and one who is capable of doing my job no less.

Makes me wonder if the measurements from the abdominal u/s I had at exactly 7 weeks were a little off and I’m actually 12 w 1 day now, but who knows?

Either way I feel amazing. :happydance:

My ultrasound went great! Baby is measuring pretty much on track for my dates at 8-8 1/2 weeks and the heart rate was 183. :cloud9:

I hated having visitors but luckily everyone was pretty respectful and stayed away for the most part. My mom is taking my daughter though for a few days so we can get situated with the new baby and also since I didn't breast feed last time I really want to do it this time so I'll need some quiet time to help concentrate. Dh has paid paternity leave at work and plans to take an extra week of vacation so he'll be home for 3 weeks to help as well which will be so nice!

Told the mom of the boy I watch and she was thrilled about school and the pregnancy! She said she wants to keep me as a babysitter so she will work with me to go around my schedule. I was shocked, but happy nonetheless!

I sent a bump shot to my sister and she replied holy sh*t you have a baby belly already! Hahaha

I'm getting really anxious for my 12 week NT scan next Tuesday. I think it's a mixture of excitedness and nervousness.

Hi ladies! Congrats to everyone! I'm due August 29 and hoping I can join your group :)

I'm also concerned about getting some alone time with baby after the birth. Everyone is going to want to come to the hospital and I'm not sure what to do about that. Last time, I asked them to stay out in the waiting room for an hour afterwards, so I could get through a first round of nursing, and they waited about 30 minutes before coming on in. With the cesarean, I was still having nurses in every ten minutes to check on me and it was really bothering me than everyone was in and out while they're pulling down my blankets and looking at my belly and stuff. So I want to ask them to just stay away, but I want my older kids to be brought in, which kinda makes it impossible to ask everyone to stay away (hospital is nearly an hour away from everyone, so it's not like someone could pop over and drop the kids off and come back later...). DH doesn't really understand my want for privacy either, as he is very extroverted and very much a people person.

With my oldest, I ended up going to my moms house and staying there for two weeks. She was off work for a week, and then my grandma (who lives two doors down from my mom) came during the day for the next week. Last time, no one really came. DH was off work for a couple days, grandma came a couple times, mom came once, but aside from DH, no one helped with anything besides baby, they were really just there to visit.

We will see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->