**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

I'm on the weird dreams too. If I told DH, he'd just say it was weird.
Dd threw her poop again this morning. She's learned how to unzipped her sleeper.
I'm sorry about your niece greats. We have a nephew who's not nice and I want to cut him out most of the time too. His parents coddle him and cry if someone stands up to him. It's crazy.
DH and I still have not been able to find the hb w the Doppler and it's really upsetting me. Now I'm thinking of getting a private scan. A local place does them for $69, so I was thinking maybe an early valentines present? Just when to do it? I don't get a scan til 20 weeks, so what's that, the end of March? So I guess mid February would be best, but I'm having such a hard time being patient. My next OB appt isn't until January 26, which feels so far away! I'm freaking that something bad has happened and I'm just in the dark. :(

That's not too bad for a private scan. I would do it since you're not having one until 20 weeks!

Sorry to hear about getting stuck with your nephew greats. We have a child like that in our (extended) family and it frustrates everyone. The parents never discipline him and just laugh when he misbehaves.

Sass, maybe you are just too early for the doppler to pick up the heartbeat? I think I remember reading that it is difficult to find before 10-11 weeks, can anyone else confirm? For the price you quoted I'd just go for the early scan too. It sounds like a great Valentine's present! :)

Sass, when I first started listening it took me a good long time. I don't remember if it was an hour or a half hour. Baby likes to be tucked up close to the placenta so it was hard to find and very faint in the beginning. I just kept searching until I found it. It got much easier around 10.5 weeks and now is really easy. I'd recommend the scan though if you want it to put your mind at ease.

So this morning I decided I should step on the scale to see what kind of lecture I was gonna get from my OB at my appointment next week. To my pleasant surprise I am actually down a pound. I was butt naked though and at the doctor I had my shoes and clothes on and such and I know their scale is more accurate, but I can't imagine mine being too far off. Something can be said for nausea lol.

I'm finally ready to make a guess if you wouldn't mind adding this to the front page Kyla. Thanks in advance!

I did the baking soda test and it fizzed, so that plus the Chinese gender calculator, where my "bump" is sitting (though I'm not sure if it's a bump or just bloat), and the fact that I haven't been sick but have been insanely hungry leads me to guess that our little one is a he.

We shall see though!

I'm finally ready to make a guess if you wouldn't mind adding this to the front page Kyla. Thanks in advance!

I did the baking soda test and it fizzed, so that plus the Chinese gender calculator, where my "bump" is sitting (though I'm not sure if it's a bump or just bloat), and the fact that I haven't been sick but have been insanely hungry leads me to guess that our little on is a he.

We shall see though!

Will add it :)

Sass, if you're very concerned I would go get a scan, especially if it will give you peace of mind. I've never used a Doppler myself but as Kylas said I've heard it can be tricky to find a hb, especially if you have an anterior placenta (my friend had one and it took a long time before they could hear baby's heartbeat, it also took longer for her to feel him move).

I'm sure all is well though :hugs:

Well today went well so far with my niece. She never ever naps but I managed to get her to nap for 2 hours! Still a brat, though.

Neighbors above me have hard wood floors and let their toddler run from room to room all day screaming at the top of his lungs so literally sounds like elephants living upstairs. As a result, my daughter can't nap anymore as she is a light sleeper like me. Two days without a nap equals one tired momma!

Got super hungry an hour after eating a decent lunch and then got really nauseous. Still fighting the urge to throw up every where. I keep munching on small snacks to help.

Do you have a white noise machine greats?

We've tried a white noise app on my iPad and a fan. She sleeps horrible with them. Ugh she gets her sleep habits from me! I can't sleep with noise either lol She normally naps so well when it's quiet, just the past 2 days the kid upstairs has been super hyper or something lol he's usually at daycare but I think one of the moms is on vacation or something.

Hi by my scans I'm due 27th August but I'm sure by my dates I'm due a few days earlier. Plus I'm expecting fraternal twins so could well be very early August or even July when the babies arrive ����

Hi by my scans I'm due 27th August but I'm sure by my dates I'm due a few days earlier. Plus I'm expecting fraternal twins so could well be very early August or even July when the babies arrive ����

Hi there! Ooo twins! That's awesome!

Congrats! Will add you

So I'm 12 weeks tomorrow, which is when I originally told DH we could announce. But I'm still not ready. I keep feeling like 'oh, lets wait until after this' or 'but it's only one more week until that'... My issue is that my parents and grandma are going to be very angry and it'll probably take them a few weeks to come around. This has been the pattern for both previous kids, so I don't expect any difference this time. So now, I'm almost done with the first tri, but next weekend my mom wants to make a trip to this special bookstore an hour away. And then two weekends after that is my oldest son's birthday party. And then it's Valentines day. And my oldest is on a county basketball league that's going to start weekly games next weekend... It feels like there's always something that I don't want to make it all awkward for. Like I don't want to tell them and then have to sit there at the basketball game in silence or whatever.

Also, secondary to that, I haven't figured out HOW I want to announce yet. Obviously we're not going to get that awesome YouTube-worthy reaction, but I still want to do something cute that I can preferably take a picture of to post as our facebook announcement. Any ideas?

His family, btw, are going to be thrilled, as will all of our friends. And most of my extended family. It's only those 3, and probably my grandma's sisters whom I barely ever see anyway, who are going to be shitty.

On a side note, does anyone know if kinda-old baking soda will still work for the 'test'? The only box of it that I have is the one that's in the refridgerator...

On a side note, does anyone know if kinda-old baking soda will still work for the 'test'? The only box of it that I have is the one that's in the refridgerator...

What I've read says it should be relatively new. That said no idea how old the stuff I used was. Had to be under 6 months though as it gets used up fast. Can always try it and see?

Hi ladies! Had such a great day. Dr visit with my mom, she got to se baby's heart beating in person! Then a yummy lunch and lots of quality time with my boyfriend.

The Dr took 5 :wacko: vials of blood. And I'm officially 9 weeks today so I'll have to change my ticker! And...because I'm an old lady, I am getting the Panorama test in 2 weeks and I'll know if this little bean is a he or a she! Then my NT scan the following week and another monthly OB visit in February.

What I've read says it should be relatively new. That said no idea how old the stuff I used was. Had to be under 6 months though as it gets used up fast. Can always try it and see?

Went ahead and used the who-knows-how-old baking soda in the fridge, it fizzed and bubbled like crazy. Boy #3 on board? :shrug:

Hi ladies! Had such a great day. Dr visit with my mom, she got to se baby's heart beating in person! Then a yummy lunch and lots of quality time with my boyfriend.

The Dr took 5 :wacko: vials of blood. And I'm officially 9 weeks today so I'll have to change my ticker! And...because I'm an old lady, I am getting the Panorama test in 2 weeks and I'll know if this little bean is a he or a she! Then my NT scan the following week and another monthly OB visit in February.

Congrats! Mine took 14 vials my first visit! I was surprised I could walk out of there. And yay for the panorama test. I was super excited I got it. Can't wait for your results!

Went ahead and used the who-knows-how-old baking soda in the fridge, it fizzed and bubbled like crazy. Boy #3 on board? :shrug:

It looks that way. Mine didn't even have one bubble after mixing it really well. :)

11 Weeks today!

Happy 11 weeks!!

I have to be up to babysit in 3.5 hours and I'm wide awake! I can only ever sleep and stay asleep if I take 2 benadryl but I only had 2 left so took one last night and one tonight. Not helping. I just wanna sleep :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->