**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

I had never gotten a migraine before until I was 8 weeks pregnant with my daughter. I've been getting them ever since. The only thing that works for me is to go to bed. Hang in there!

Thanks!

I laid flat on the couch, had some dinner, took a little nap and my head is much better! Currently waiting for my benadryl to kick in so I can get back to sleep. I was tempted to try some caffiene and see if it helped but I haven't had any since April/May and didn't wanna add it back in if I could avoid it. Hoping I wake up all better :) OH wants to do some new house/baby shopping tomorrow so I need to feel good.

Has Benadryl or Unisom worked better for you ladies for sleep? I've been using Unisom but even now it just makes me drowsy and I can't actually fall asleep.

I'm close to Vancouver, so I hope that not being in the city proper is still okay. All I know about BCWH is that I can't deliver there, haha. I think my only fear with that test is being too sick to travel if I'm not well enough by that 10-13 week gestation point. :p Fingers crossed I feel better then!

I don't think you have to be a resident of Metro Van, just be able to travel to the BCWH.

Here are the email addresses/phone number of the people to contact:

Sylvie Langlois
Geneticist for the Pegasus trial.

Keli Harrington
Research Coordinator
PEGASUS Study
Dept. of Medical Genetics - UBC
4500 Oak St - Room B226
Vancouver, BC V6H 3N1
Tel: 604-875-2000 ext 5561

Harrington, Keli <[email protected]>
Sylvie Langl <[email protected]>

I hope you feel better so you can participate!
Thanks so much for this! I'll get into contact with them and see if things work out. Fingers crossed!

Greats I have the same issue with water! It's normally all I drink but it makes me nauseous now. I haven't even really had me just a bit of nausea here and there. Couple of weeks back I was getting dehydrated cause I couldnt drink anything. I have found now that ice cold water helps. So I but a water bottle in the freezer. It's summer here so it helps for the heat too.

Wow you ladies are making me feel bad about not gyming! I've had a sinus infection since xmas so couldn't really go as my heartrate shoots up to 130 just climbing stairs (if I'm sick my hart does that). But I am finally feeling better!!! After some herbal meds though. So I am hoping to hit the gym tomorrow. I have psoriatic arthritis too so getting some movement in is really important for me.

So. At my last appointment on the 9th of January I weighed 232lbs. This morning I weighed 227. Yay! That's my ore-pregnancy weight and I want to try to stay there.

Also DH told me it was time to announce on FB... So.... We did.

And now... I want garlic bread sticks with butter.

Being dehydrated can def make your nausea worse and give you headaches. I started needing ice water too. It's weird.
Ms and the holidays shut down my gym time for 2 weeks, then 2 weeks of respitory sickness shut it down, and I swear by the end I felt like all of my muscles had atrophied. It was the craziest. I'm back to the gym now 2-3 days per week for an hour at a time but I can only walk at a slight incline and my bp goes to 125. And I'm not even walking quickly. So im terrified to take a single class. I did try one and had to leave. I felt dizzy and like I was going to throw up. So now I just do the weight machines. But by the end of the hour, I'm exhausted and need to eat at the gym before I can drive home. I steal DD's snacks or pack a cereal bar. It's ridiculous. I also need water on the treadmill or I max out at 25 minutes.
I didn't have time to work out when I was pg w dd because I was working full time plus so this is such a shock to me. But I gained 50+ lbs with her and I really want to try to avoid that again. I'm not up any weight, but I'm still carrying 15 from the last go round, so im hoping not to gain anything until 4/5 months in.
So I was so shocked at what happened last night: a neighbor from our old neighborhood passed last night so we went down to visit and I got called out on being pregnant twice! Once for my tum and the other for not drinking. So of course I told her to shush! It's too early and she looked at me like I must be crazy (I think she's thinks I'm maybe 6 months along). DH was mad I told her, but what was I to say? Oh no, I'm fat now? Sorry. You're a jerk. Our friend just died. I couldn't be mean.

Also, was thinking about you girls yesterday. Zulily had a section on new moms to be and it had an entire line of pregnancy skin care pimple products. The brand was belli and it had face wash, pimple spot treatment, etc. I don't have any experience with it personally but it looked nice. And I'm sure you could buy it other places too.

Has Benadryl or Unisom worked better for you ladies for sleep? I've been using Unisom but even now it just makes me drowsy and I can't actually fall asleep.

I haven't tried unisom, but I swear by Benadryl. I have to take 2 though as 1 does nothing. Works quick to make me sleepy and fall asleep and I'm not drowsy the next day as long as I get a good amount of sleep. However, it puts my mother in a coma for about 2 days after she takes it. Maybe you can experiment on a weekend when you can be in a coma if it does that?

Feeling so blah today. I'm so over this yucky cold weather. I need sunshine and its vitamin d lol

To you ladies taking progesterone, when are you stopping? Doctor said to stop at 12 weeks which is tomorrow, but with my daughter I had to take it to 13 weeks.

Feeling so blah today. I'm so over this yucky cold weather. I need sunshine and its vitamin d lol

To you ladies taking progesterone, when are you stopping? Doctor said to stop at 12 weeks which is tomorrow, but with my daughter I had to take it to 13 weeks.

I used my last suppository last night. My doctor said to stop when I hit 12 weeks, which is tomorrow. Nurse said the amount it would cost to have 1 suppository made for tonight wasn't worth it ;)

Feeling especially bumpy today :)
https://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a589/KylaMissa22/imagejpg1_zps2436f71e.jpg

Greats - my doc isn't allowed to advise me about my progesterone so when this box runs out I am stopping - in about 9 days. I will be 12+3 I think. Can we just stop it or should we wean off it? I'm taking 1 200mg tablet at night.

Greats - my doc isn't allowed to advise me about my progesterone so when this box runs out I am stopping - in about 9 days. I will be 12+3 I think. Can we just stop it or should we wean off it? I'm taking 1 200mg tablet at night.

I've been using one 100mg suppository at night. My doctor said I could just stop but I'm unsure for 200 mg :shrug:

I'm on 200mg. Maybe I'll wean for a week? I have a lot left over still.

Hi ladies!
This is my first time posting here. I was on the September thread as my doc thought I was pretty early on when I got my BFP on 12/18 at 11DPO. But now he seems to think I'm a bit further along! SO I keep teetering between an 8/30 and 9/1 due date. My first came 2 weeks early so I think I'm going to go with my gut and say I'll be delivering in August :thumbup: May I join you all?

I have a 22m old little girl already so this will be my second and I'm 36 years old.

I woke up today with cramps right above my pubic bone and light brown spotting. I am still spotting and cramps have gotten progressively worse all day. Cramps are every several minutes for a maybe 30 seconds or so each. The spotting is still light brown and doesn't require a pad. I don't have a lot of hope - I feel like this is the beginning of the end. I have not had a scan up to this point and have never heard a heartbeat. I am hating my OB for her by the book attitude right now. I truly can't believe this is happening. I'll get in to see my OB tomorrow if they're open - I'm so sad today.

Welcome mrschezek! I'm originally from your area. My dd is almost 21 months and I'll be 33 next month.
One more- can you just go to the er? I'm so sorry you're having this. Fx it's all ok for you.

I woke up today with cramps right above my pubic bone and light brown spotting. I am still spotting and cramps have gotten progressively worse all day. Cramps are every several minutes for a maybe 30 seconds or so each. The spotting is still light brown and doesn't require a pad. I don't have a lot of hope - I feel like this is the beginning of the end. I have not had a scan up to this point and have never heard a heartbeat. I am hating my OB for her by the book attitude right now. I truly can't believe this is happening. I'll get in to see my OB tomorrow if they're open - I'm so sad today.

((Hugs)) OneMore Time. Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. I second what Sass says about going to the ER.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->