**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Going to the gym today for the first time since my BFP. Even though I'm overweight, I am a gym rat - I was going 5-6 days a week before BFP and I do weight lifting (bench is between 95lbs - 115lbs depending on the day) so I'm going back to doing weightlifting - however at a dramatically smaller weight. I don't want my heart rate to get above 140bpm so I think I'll mostly be using 10 - 15lb dumbbells :(

Hey girls xx will try and catch up just had a manic few days xxx just popped in to say I'm finally in double figures xxx jelly bean is 10 weeks today xx

Queenqueso, I kind of understand how you feel (in a slightly different way). We told close family and friends so they keep asking when we're going to announce it to the world (fb) but I don't want to yet. I don't feel ready. I'm friends with a lot of my old police coworkers and I literally got my bfp 3 weeks after resigning so they're all probably going to say something like oh that's why you left! I left bc it was making me so stressed out and causing my thyroid levels to go extremely high and to have severe anxiety and panic attacks. Plus I don't know what the rest of my side of the family is going to say. I honestly feel on edge about it, I hate this feeling. With our daughter I was bursting at the seams to announce on fb and this time I'm terrified of it.

DSemcho, I think I may start going to the gym again today as well. I have a membership I haven't used in 6 months. I'm just don't want to gain the 55-60lbs I gained last time, I was over 220lbs and my knees and ankles hurt so bad. I'm trying really hard to be healthy this time around.

On another note, lovely dh put the thermostat to 80 last night and I'm up at 4:30am and can't sleep bc I was sweating my ass off. It's so dry in here now I've put lotion on my hands twice already. Not happy right now at all.

I don't want to announce on fb anytime soon. I said after my 15 week ultrasound then pushed it back to 20. Don't want them bursting my bubble. I'll let my grandmother tell the rest of my family (since they're her sons and their families) sometime once I get into the second tri and I'll tell everyone else I want to know when im ready. Whenever that will be lol. I told my friends right away last time so now I'm scared to jinx anything.

I started working out again 2 weeks ago. 3 days with weights, 3 days cardio and yoga when I have the extra time. It is all much lower intensity than pre-pregnancy but still takes effort. The mental benefits alone make it worth it, the physical benefits are just a plus.

Greats - at 6 weeks I was 232 and haven't gained yet. I started cramping at the gym and stopped working out but I wonder if it's constipation cramps now lol.

I felt so lazy while at the gym because I was bench pressing 15lb Dumbbells and I'm used to 40/45s :(

I'm used to doing a triceps extension at 40/45lbs on a pulley and was doing 15. DH fussed at me for squatting with a smith machine with a tiny 5lb plate on each side and made me switch to box squats with no weight. Le sigh.

I had to announce on FB way sooner than I wanted just because I've been so sick. I was so depressed before I announced since I couldn't tell anyone why I couldn't see them anymore. I felt SO much better after we announced. At that point I would have rather announced a miscarriage than kept going on being so miserably isolated. :(

Ha I planned to be active during pregnancy but my body so far as had other ideas! Hopefully I can feel better soon and at least start going for walks and such.

We were planning to announce at 13 weeks but I have a doctor's appointment just after that where I'll be able to get the results from my first round of genetic tests so thinking I'll push it back...

I'll be exactly 14 weeks on my mom's birthday so thinking I'll spill the beans then...that way when people call my mom to wish her a happy birthday she can finally tell them she's expecting a grandchild! I also have bootcamp that day, so I can tell everyone there in person.

The first trimester is just crawling...dying to get to the second trimester and tell everyone already!

We have this test in British Columbia, except it is called the Harmony21 or something.

There is a research study going on right now where you can get it done for free instead of paying $795!! But when I went to sign up I was told I don't qualify as they already have enough samples from "old" moms (those who will be 35 or older when they give birth). Grrr, I turn 35 less than 3 months before my due date! I am so bummed about this. :-(

My pregnant coworker participated (she is younger than me) and knows that she is having a boy.

I guess my only choice if I decide to get it done is pay for it out of pocket and see if my and DH's insurance companies will reimburse us for the cost. :-(

I started out this pregnancy doing really well with exercising. Then the ms hit and the exhaustion and that all went out the window. I do still take a ten minute walk everyday with the dog at work (so every week day that would be). But that's it. And I'm down 2lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. A lot can be said for nausea lol.

Kyla I'm in the same boat as you...had the best of intentions to keep exercising but fatigue and nausea swept that away quick...much better with nausea now but I'm down 3 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight....I know baby is growing and doing so whatever I lose I'l take :) ...... found the heartbeat last night...nice and fast so yes def a girl i think...12 weeks tomorrow Yay First Tri almost done !

A few people we know announced on FB that they are due, all at the end of August. I'm waiting until after my scan on Tuesday (11+3) just so I feel safer. I'm surprised my mom hasn't posted about it yet lol.

Kyla I'm in the same boat as you...had the best of intentions to keep exercising but fatigue and nausea swept that away quick...much better with nausea now but I'm down 3 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight....I know baby is growing and doing so whatever I lose I'l take :) ...... found the heartbeat last night...nice and fast so yes def a girl i think...12 weeks tomorrow Yay First Tri almost done !

I'm honestly surprised I've lost weight. There were a cpl weeks I only ate crap because I was so nauseous and that was all I could stomach. And now I'm feeling a bit better and feel like I'm pigging out but I guess not lol. Ill take it.

Yay for girls! And first tri almost being over :happydance:

We have this test in British Columbia, except it is called the Harmony21 or something.

There is a research study going on right now where you can get it done for free instead of paying $795!! But when I went to sign up I was told I don't qualify as they already have enough samples from "old" moms (those who will be 35 or older when they give birth). Grrr, I turn 35 less than 3 months before my due date! I am so bummed about this. :-(

My pregnant coworker participated (she is younger than me) and knows that she is having a boy.

I guess my only choice if I decide to get it done is pay for it out of pocket and see if my and DH's insurance companies will reimburse us for the cost. :-(
Oh wow, where do you sign up for the study? I'd love to try and see if I qualify since I think I'm out of luck with getting it covered otherwise. I'm sorry you didn't get to be in the study. :(

[/QUOTE] Oh wow, where do you sign up for the study? I'd love to try and see if I qualify since I think I'm out of luck with getting it covered otherwise. I'm sorry you didn't get to be in the study. :([/QUOTE]

Lavender are you in the Vancouver area? The study takes place at the Women's and Children's hospital here. If you are let me know and I'll post the info!

Here is the criteria the researcher emailed me:

* be pregnant with only one baby;
* get a dating scan to confirm your dates
* be able to come for an apt. at BCWH for consent and blood drawn between 10 weeks and 13 weeks and 6 days gestation
*be participating in the provincial prenatal genetic screening program ( SIPS), which consists of getting two blood tests (the first at around 10 weeks and the second at 15 weeks) . This screening needs to be organized by your doctor or midwife.

I hope you get to participate!! :)

Oh wow, where do you sign up for the study? I'd love to try and see if I qualify since I think I'm out of luck with getting it covered otherwise. I'm sorry you didn't get to be in the study. :(

Lavender are you in the Vancouver area? The study takes place at the Women's and Children's hospital here. If you are let me know and I'll post the info!

Here is the criteria the researcher emailed me:

* be pregnant with only one baby;
* get a dating scan to confirm your dates
* be able to come for an apt. at BCWH for consent and blood drawn between 10 weeks and 13 weeks and 6 days gestation
*be participating in the provincial prenatal genetic screening program ( SIPS), which consists of getting two blood tests (the first at around 10 weeks and the second at 15 weeks) . This screening needs to be organized by your doctor or midwife.

I hope you get to participate!! :)
I'm close to Vancouver, so I hope that not being in the city proper is still okay. All I know about BCWH is that I can't deliver there, haha. I think my only fear with that test is being too sick to travel if I'm not well enough by that 10-13 week gestation point. :p Fingers crossed I feel better then!

[/QUOTE] I'm close to Vancouver, so I hope that not being in the city proper is still okay. All I know about BCWH is that I can't deliver there, haha. I think my only fear with that test is being too sick to travel if I'm not well enough by that 10-13 week gestation point. :p Fingers crossed I feel better then![/QUOTE]

I don't think you have to be a resident of Metro Van, just be able to travel to the BCWH.

Here are the email addresses/phone number of the people to contact:

Sylvie Langlois
Geneticist for the Pegasus trial.

Keli Harrington
Research Coordinator
PEGASUS Study
Dept. of Medical Genetics - UBC
4500 Oak St - Room B226
Vancouver, BC V6H 3N1
Tel: 604-875-2000 ext 5561

Harrington, Keli <[email protected]>
Sylvie Langl <[email protected]>

I hope you feel better so you can participate!

I'm dragging my behind to the gym tonight no matter what bc I've been so sedentary it's making me on edge lol I plan on just going on the elliptical for 20 mins and doing some arm work outs with some 5lb weights.

They had a bunch fruit on sale at the market today so I made a huge fruit salad! Fruit and lemon water is really helping with my nausea. I'm wondering if dehydration makes nausea worse? I can't seem to drink water during this pregnancy unless it has a lemon slice in it lol

Lavender I hope you get chosen!

MS easing up now..so now I don't feel as sick I'm terrified :( xxxx thinking of getting a Doppler but will I be able to hear the heartbeat at 10 weeks xxx

I've had such a massive headache all day!
Tried and tried and tried to wait it out but ended up taking some Tylenol :(. Hasn't done a damn thing an hour later now wishing I hadn't taken it at all. I don't like taking things unless absolutely necessary which it seemed to be but didn't do anything so that was pointless. No idea why I have such a bad headache. I'm not one to normally get headaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->