**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

It's been a whirlwind these last few weeks in my life. I was traveling (not so pleasant at times!) and then, when we got back home, we began preparing to move.

We currently live in New York and will be moving to Georgia. It's a 900 miles moving truck trek that we'll be attempting in early June, when I'll be two months from my due date. :wacko:

In any case, I just hit 12 weeks today and my symptoms are now negligible. I'm still get tired easily, but everything else is pretty much done it seems. Thank goodness!

I'll be having a nuchal translucency and another type of ultrasound test this coming Thursday. Has anyone ever had this done?

I woke up today with cramps right above my pubic bone and light brown spotting. I am still spotting and cramps have gotten progressively worse all day. Cramps are every several minutes for a maybe 30 seconds or so each. The spotting is still light brown and doesn't require a pad. I don't have a lot of hope - I feel like this is the beginning of the end. I have not had a scan up to this point and have never heard a heartbeat. I am hating my OB for her by the book attitude right now. I truly can't believe this is happening. I'll get in to see my OB tomorrow if they're open - I'm so sad today.

prayers for you one more time.. i hope you went to er for some fast answers.. sorry:nope::nope:

Thank you for the warm welcome :hi:
I was able to eat some fruit and veggies for the first time today in like over 2 weeks. All I'm ever eating is toast with cheese and chicken soup and I'm so sick of it!! First tri sucks :cry: But I'm 2/3 of the way through! :happydance:

It's been a whirlwind these last few weeks in my life. I was traveling (not so pleasant at times!) and then, when we got back home, we began preparing to move.

We currently live in New York and will be moving to Georgia. It's a 900 miles moving truck trek that we'll be attempting in early June, when I'll be two months from my due date. :wacko:

In any case, I just hit 12 weeks today and my symptoms are now negligible. I'm still get tired easily, but everything else is pretty much done it seems. Thank goodness!

I'll be having a nuchal translucency and another type of ultrasound test this coming Thursday. Has anyone ever had this done?

I had this with my first and it's basically an ultrasound that measures the thickness of the space in the back of the neck of the fetus. It's to assess your developing baby's risk of having Down syndrome and some other chromosomal abnormalities, as well as major congenital heart problems. Good luck with yours! I cannot wait to be 12 weeks - I want this nausea to go away!!!!!

Onemore time, I would head to the ER, but that's totally up to you. Please keep us updated, I have my FXd and praying for a positive outcome!

I had the NT scan with my daughter. Just an ultrasound where they measure exactly what MrsChezek said. I have mine on Tuesday morning. I'm a little nervous and anxious but I'm sure everything will be fine.

Did soooooo much cleaning today. 5 loads of laundry, bedding included. Dishes, sweeping, and mopping. Put all the clothes away. Exhausted to say the least.

So we live in a 2 bedroom apartment, it's actually a cute place and I love the layout plus the updated bathroom. We have a lot of really old furniture that we were either given or bought at thrift stores so we've decided to upgrade everything this March! All new furniture, decor, paint, etc. I'm so excited! I've been making wish lists online today, and I can't wait to show before and after pictures when it's all said and done. Plus shopping for all the baby stuff when we find out the gender so March is going to be a super busy month! But I'm excited to finally have a "grown up" home.

A lil nausea today, almost threw up but stopped myself. This pregnancy I have a lot of smell aversions. I literally gag at any vanilla or lavender scented thing and don't know why? I never had smell aversions with my dd. So odd!

I think I've finally decided on an announcement idea... I'm going to do a variation of the attached photo, instead of them inside the frames, I'm gonna frame an 8x10 sign that says the same thing. Cause frames are damn expensive and it's cheap to print off a sign and use a frame I already have. :haha:

I'll give my big boys their frames to hold and see if my oldest (he will be 9 next month!) can work out what it means. Then I'll take the pic, hopefully the 3yo cooperates.... And print it out and frame one for my parents, grandma and other grandma. And then I'll post the same pic on FB.

Attachments

• announcementidea.jpg
    announcementidea.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 11
I woke up today with cramps right above my pubic bone and light brown spotting. I am still spotting and cramps have gotten progressively worse all day. Cramps are every several minutes for a maybe 30 seconds or so each. The spotting is still light brown and doesn't require a pad. I don't have a lot of hope - I feel like this is the beginning of the end. I have not had a scan up to this point and have never heard a heartbeat. I am hating my OB for her by the book attitude right now. I truly can't believe this is happening. I'll get in to see my OB tomorrow if they're open - I'm so sad today.
Wishing you the best, OneMore.

Hi ladies!
This is my first time posting here. I was on the September thread as my doc thought I was pretty early on when I got my BFP on 12/18 at 11DPO. But now he seems to think I'm a bit further along! SO I keep teetering between an 8/30 and 9/1 due date. My first came 2 weeks early so I think I'm going to go with my gut and say I'll be delivering in August :thumbup: May I join you all?

I have a 22m old little girl already so this will be my second and I'm 36 years old.
Welcome, MrsChezek!

Hi ladies!
This is my first time posting here. I was on the September thread as my doc thought I was pretty early on when I got my BFP on 12/18 at 11DPO. But now he seems to think I'm a bit further along! SO I keep teetering between an 8/30 and 9/1 due date. My first came 2 weeks early so I think I'm going to go with my gut and say I'll be delivering in August :thumbup: May I join you all?

I have a 22m old little girl already so this will be my second and I'm 36 years old.

Welcome x

Hi ladies!

Congrats! Just let me know what date you want me to put you down for and I'll add you to the front page. Also if you have a guess about gender let me know. Those are going on the front page too :thumbup:

How are you doing this morning? I hope everything is alright :hugs:

Congrats on 12 weeks! I have my NT ultrasound on Thursday as well I'll be 12+1/2 depending on if they go by baby's last measurements at my last ultrasound or LMP. If measures the fluid on the back of the neck to test mostly for downs and a congenital heart defect. Pretty common for people to get.

Cute bump KylasBaby!

Thanks :happydance: No idea where it's come from since I'm still down 2lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.

Cute bump Kylas!

Welcome Mrs. Chezek :hi:

Love that idea for a reveal Queen Queso, very cute!

Greats, that's awesome that you're doing a bit of a home makeover and getting new stuff, I love furniture shopping! We're waiting until after the gender reveal to figure out what we need to buy. If this is another girl, eventually we might have her and Isla share a room so we can keep a guest room for a bit longer. We would obviously have to wait until baby was older. If baby is a boy then they will move into the guest room.

Onemoretime, I really hope that all is OK. Were you able to get in and see anyone?

Things here are good, felt better this past weekend and was able to get a lot accomplished around the house. Am still quite tired and get light headed/dizzy and occasionally nauseous but not nearly as bad as I was. Am excited to get through the next month so I can have a proper bump, tell everyone about my pregnancy and hopefully feel better in general :thumbup:

Cute announcement!
So nice to furniture shop. I just always get shocked by the prices. Our house is decorated with lots of hand me downs too. We just moved in August and thankfully the furniture from the old house fit in this house really nicely. We only had to buy a guest bed, dining room table and chairs.
We're planning on redoing the master bath down the road (it's pink, purple, brass 1980's proper) but the shower casing started disintegrating Thursday so now we're on the move with that project.
So I had such a scary, real dream last night I woke up yelling for DH. I've never had that happen before. I thought a huge spider was coming out of our ceiling fan. Like the size of a dog. I was soooo upset.

So I'm thinking that we should all share our journals so we can follow/stalk each other if anyone would like to. So everyone feel free to share the link to your journals. I need more to stalk :winkwink:

Here is mine if anyone wants to follow
Making Mama & Mommy

Kyla...your bump is so cute!

Onemoretime...how is it going? :hugs:

The NT scan...my nurse told me they will also take blood while I am there for the scan and they will take blood a second time when I go back for results or something like that?

AFM, I'm 9w3d, and I've noticed since almost 9 weeks exactly that my symptoms don't seem as strong. My nipples are tender occasionally if they are hit a certain way and my nausea is still there, but much less. Is that common for this point in the pregnancy? Granted they could still come back, but just curious. Not worried though as I haven't felt completely horrible this entire time, just enough to know I'm pregnant.

Kyla...your bump is so cute!

Onemoretime...how is it going? :hugs:

The NT scan...my nurse told me they will also take blood while I am there for the scan and they will take blood a second time when I go back for results or something like that?

AFM, I'm 9w3d, and I've noticed since almost 9 weeks exactly that my symptoms don't seem as strong. My nipples are tender occasionally if they are hit a certain way and my nausea is still there, but much less. Is that common for this point in the pregnancy? Granted they could still come back, but just curious. Not worried though as I haven't felt completely horrible this entire time, just enough to know I'm pregnant.

You are getting to a point now where the placenta will start functioning so your body doesn't have to work as hard to sustain baby. A lot of people start feeling better around 10 weeks, which you are getting close to now. I bet that's why you are feeling better. :thumbup:

That's the combined screen thing wonders. It gets you even more accurate results.
I'm not getting the nt scan this time because of the harmony tests so I'm bummed about missing it. I guess I'll just have to wait for the 20 week for them to look for heart defects.

That's the combined screen thing wonders. It gets you even more accurate results.
I'm not getting the nt scan this time because of the harmony tests so I'm bummed about missing it. I guess I'll just have to wait for the 20 week for them to look for heart defects.

Ok, I see! Thx for clearing it up. I feel like I'll be spending the next month at the doctor! But I know it will bring peace of mind, another chance to see baby and we will know if it's a boy or a girl!

12 weeks today!!! I can't believe it! So close to 2nd trimester! I'll post a bump picture later. Busy day today but it's sunny here so I'm happy lol

Happy 12weeks greats! Good idea posting journals Kyla, I'd also like more to stalk! If anybody wants mine here it is! https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...-first-baby-jaspies-pregnancy-journal-26.html

I think I've finally decided on an announcement idea... I'm going to do a variation of the attached photo, instead of them inside the frames, I'm gonna frame an 8x10 sign that says the same thing. Cause frames are damn expensive and it's cheap to print off a sign and use a frame I already have. :haha:

I'll give my big boys their frames to hold and see if my oldest (he will be 9 next month!) can work out what it means. Then I'll take the pic, hopefully the 3yo cooperates.... And print it out and frame one for my parents, grandma and other grandma. And then I'll post the same pic on FB.

That's a cute announcement xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->