**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Ok finally updated the front page. If you new ladies would like to give the gender a guess I'll add that to the front as well.

So my grandmother is very excited at becoming a great grandmother. She bought about ten outfits for Ava and like 3 bibs and cute sock sets and a little owl stuffed animal holding a small pink blanket :cloud9: so sweet! Baby is already spoiled.

Thank you!! Regarding gender... We're really hoping for a girl and hubby thinks it's a girl and according to the Chinese gender predictor thingy it says girl... I MIGHT find out in 2 weeks if my 3D/4D ultrasound guy is as good as he says he is but also hoping my doctor will let me do the gender blood test I've been hearing about on here... So team pink for me!! Although if it's a boy that's perfectly fine too!!

I did that :thumbup: I had the panorama test done at 9 weeks, found out baby was a girl a day before 11 weeks. It tested for a bunch of triosomies and chromosomal issues as well. Thankfully she is low risk for everything. :happydance:

Awesome Kylas many many congrats for baby girl!!!

I am gonna be next for this test may be this 23 which will 10+ weeks for me or after 12 weeks lets c but I am pretty sure it's a boy

Congrats on the excellent scans dsem and greats! I'd wonder if you're even further dsem? Those legs! And I agree- looks very much like a boy. Congrats!
Welcome, welcome all the new ladies! It's still surreal to me that we're getting close to making it out of the first tri! Crazy.
So had my private scan today since DH and I have had such a bad time with the Doppler. LO was like a little jumping bean kicking all over the place. It was excellent. But every time she went to record the heartbeat, it would swim off! Made me feel so much better about it all.

Here's the bean!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 4
So happy for all you ladies that had successful u/s's today, NT and otherwise. :)

Welcome to the new ladies!!

Sass that is hilarious - no wonder you were having trouble finding the heartbeat! We've had that happen a couple of times where as soon as we find it it's gone - we always figure LO is either paddling around or doing some somersaults, LOL.

So after just bemoaning that I wouldn't get to see LO until 18 weeks it turns out I have a NT u/s scheduled for next week.

Do they give you any info and/or let you know if everything's okay? I assume it's okay for DH to be there? And lastly, roughly how long does it take if I get the bloodwork as well?

Sass it sounds so great hun baby is all active amazing we are almost close by in terms of due date and m so excited to feel the same I have my next visit with doc on 23 which would be 10 w 3 days so hoping I get to see my lill bean playing around too

So have u got Doppler at home????
Let me know if it's worth buying

Congrats on the excellent scans dsem and greats! I'd wonder if you're even further dsem? Those legs! And I agree- looks very much like a boy. Congrats!
Welcome, welcome all the new ladies! It's still surreal to me that we're getting close to making it out of the first tri! Crazy.
So had my private scan today since DH and I have had such a bad time with the Doppler. LO was like a little jumping bean kicking all over the place. It was excellent. But every time she went to record the heartbeat, it would swim off! Made me feel so much better about it all.

Sass it sounds so great hun baby is all active amazing we are almost close by in terms of due date and m so excited to feel the same I have my next visit with doc on 23 which would be 10 w 3 days so hoping I get to see my lill bean playing around too

So have u got Doppler at home????
Let me know if it's worth buying

So after just bemoaning that I wouldn't get to see LO until 18 weeks it turns out I have a NT u/s scheduled for next week.

Do they give you any info and/or let you know if everything's okay? I assume it's okay for DH to be there? And lastly, roughly how long does it take if I get the bloodwork as well?

My ultrasound was about 20 minutes long but mainly because we couldn't get baby in the right position at first to measure the back of the neck or the nose. My husband was in the room the whole time. My ultrasound tech talked to me throughout the whole thing explaining it as she went. She asked me a bunch of questions like if Down syndrome runs in the family, etc. After that she told me baby looked good and that we passed the NT scan. My office doesn't do blood work so I had to drive to a separate lab in another town to do my blood work. They said it'll take 10 days to get the results.

My ultrasound was about 20 minutes long but mainly because we couldn't get baby in the right position at first to measure the back of the neck or the nose. My ultrasound tech talked to me throughout the whole thing explaining it as she went. She asked me a bunch of questions like if Down syndrome runs in the family, etc. After that she told me baby looked good and that we passed the NT scan. My office doesn't do blood work so I had to drive to a separate lab in another town to do my blood work. They said it'll take 10 days to get the results.

Which week does NT scan happens and what does that mean?? I am sorry still at 10 weeks

My ultrasound was about 20 minutes long but mainly because we couldn't get baby in the right position at first to measure the back of the neck or the nose. My ultrasound tech talked to me throughout the whole thing explaining it as she went. She asked me a bunch of questions like if Down syndrome runs in the family, etc. After that she told me baby looked good and that we passed the NT scan. My office doesn't do blood work so I had to drive to a separate lab in another town to do my blood work. They said it'll take 10 days to get the results.

Which week does NT scan happens and what does that mean?? I am sorry still at 10 weeks

It's best to do it at 12 weeks though not all insurances may cover it (most do though). The NT scan measures the thickness of the folds of the back of the neck as well as seeing if baby has a prominent nose. The thicker the back of the neck and the less prominent nose are indicators that baby may have Down Syndrome.

It's best to do it at 12 weeks though not all insurances may cover it (most do though). The NT scan measures the thickness of the folds of the back of the neck as well as seeing if baby has a prominent nose. The thicker the back of the neck and the less prominent nose are indicators that baby may have Down Syndrome.

Do you think it's ok to do it at 12w6d? That's my next appt...

Ok finally updated the front page. If you new ladies would like to give the gender a guess I'll add that to the front as well.

So my grandmother is very excited at becoming a great grandmother. She bought about ten outfits for Ava and like 3 bibs and cute sock sets and a little owl stuffed animal holding a small pink blanket :cloud9: so sweet! Baby is already spoiled.

Thank you!! Regarding gender... We're really hoping for a girl and hubby thinks it's a girl and according to the Chinese gender predictor thingy it says girl... I MIGHT find out in 2 weeks if my 3D/4D ultrasound guy is as good as he says he is but also hoping my doctor will let me do the gender blood test I've been hearing about on here... So team pink for me!! Although if it's a boy that's perfectly fine too!!

I did that :thumbup: I had the panorama test done at 9 weeks, found out baby was a girl a day before 11 weeks. It tested for a bunch of triosomies and chromosomal issues as well. Thankfully she is low risk for everything. :happydance:

What is the panorama test? The gender one? Or is it more? Any idea when it's supposed to be done? I am 11 weeks, wondering if I missed my chance...

Do you think it's ok to do it at 12w6d? That's my next appt...

Yeah I know some ladies have had their NT scan around 13 weeks.

Hi my names Ashley just came across this thread...I am currently 11 weeks pregnant with a due date of August 11th. I live in California and this is the 1st time I've ever been pregnant. My hubbys birthday and our anniversary are also in August so it'll be a big month for us!! I am 26 and hubby is 28. I have temporarily deactivated my Facebook because a good friend's nosey wife blurted out our secret on there (think I deleted it before anyone saw it) but I don't want it to get out before we're ready to tell the world so I will join the fb group in a couple weeks after out 12w6d scan. :)

Sweet!! When is your anniversary?? Mine and DH's is the 13th of August ha. And I'm 27 and Dh is 30.

I was measuring at 11+5 instead of 11+2 which is what they have me listed as at medical. Even last week at 10+3 I saw feet and hands and toes and fingers. I can't wait for my doppler to come in.

Nothing new today except last night I kept getting a pain in my cervix, like... four times in 30 minutes.

What is the panorama test? The gender one? Or is it more? Any idea when it's supposed to be done? I am 11 weeks, wondering if I missed my chance...

The gender is just a perk of the test. It tests for some trisomies such as Down's syndrome and Turner syndrome and some other chromosomal abnormalities. I got it done at 9 weeks exactly. That's the earliest you can get it done. It can be done anytime after that. Not a lot of insurances cover it though and it's mostly for women over 35. My doctor is just really good lol.

Hi my names Ashley just came across this thread...I am currently 11 weeks pregnant with a due date of August 11th. I live in California and this is the 1st time I've ever been pregnant. My hubbys birthday and our anniversary are also in August so it'll be a big month for us!! I am 26 and hubby is 28. I have temporarily deactivated my Facebook because a good friend's nosey wife blurted out our secret on there (think I deleted it before anyone saw it) but I don't want it to get out before we're ready to tell the world so I will join the fb group in a couple weeks after out 12w6d scan. :)

Sweet!! When is your anniversary?? Mine and DH's is the 13th of August ha. And I'm 27 and Dh is 30.

Our anniversary is the 27th. He for some weird reason wanted to get married on his bday the 26th but it was a Thursday and I didn't want a Thursday so we did the next day (friday)

The gender is just a perk of the test. It tests for some trisomies such as Down's syndrome and Turner syndrome and some other chromosomal abnormalities. I got it done at 9 weeks exactly. That's the earliest you can get it done. It can be done anytime after that. Not a lot of insurances cover it though and it's mostly for women over 35. My doctor is just really good lol.

Thank you!! I am getting some testing (they call it state testing at least where I'm at in CA) and she gave me the booklet to read but it's so confusing!! I know it had to be done by 13w6d and another one later like around 20 something weeks but I did read in the booklet about trisomies but I think she would've mentioned the gender thing so maybe I'm not getting the full thing. I have a feeling since my questionnaire I filled out put me at low risk vs high risk maybe they aren't doing the whole thing?? Which kind of bothers me because they know my moms adopted and we know nothing of her history... But they did tell me that if my insurance doesn't cover it that it's about 160$ so I have no idea!! I'll look at this booklet again and call them!! Thank you!!

Thank you!! I am getting some testing (they call it state testing at least where I'm at in CA) and she gave me the booklet to read but it's so confusing!! I know it had to be done by 13w6d and another one later like around 20 something weeks but I did read in the booklet about trisomies but I think she would've mentioned the gender thing so maybe I'm not getting the full thing. I have a feeling since my questionnaire I filled out put me at low risk vs high risk maybe they aren't doing the whole thing?? Which kind of bothers me because they know my moms adopted and we know nothing of her history... But they did tell me that if my insurance doesn't cover it that it's about 160$ so I have no idea!! I'll look at this booklet again and call them!! Thank you!!

That doesn't sound like the panorama test. It's $795 I believe. Then someone said with gender it's $995. So not sure which is true, but it's quite expensive if insurance doesn't cover it. Wouldn't hurt to call and ask.

12 week ultrasound tomorrow! Aaahhhh!

So excited everyone's having their scans soon!!! Who thinks they're going to cry like I did? Lol

So tired today, didn't sleep well last night, I kept tossing and turning. Glad the girl I babysit didn't come over this morning bc I'm super lazy right now watching Daniel Tiger with my daughter. It's so ugly and cold outside today.

A little nauseous today but nothing terrible. I'm hoping in the next week it'll be completely gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->