**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Welcome to all the new ladies here :hi:

Greats, I'll try and find your group and join as well. I am working out, usually about 4 times a week.

Congrats on all the lovely scans too, it's nice to see everyone's photos on here and FB :thumbup:

Good luck today Kylas, I'm sure all will go well.

I had my first Midwife appointment yesterday, pretty standard stuff. The only thing that freaked me out a bit is that they couldn't find the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler. It was a student midwife who was looking and she didn't look very long (and she did warn me that there was a good chance we might not find it) but it still freaked me out a bit. We heard Isla's at the 10 week appointment so was sad not to hear this baby's...

I'm going to be booking my 12 week scan today, will happen sometime during the week of February 2-6, am very excited :happydance:

I am also most of the time hungry and if I eat after a long gap I get headache nausea and so on so definitely cannot avoid that lol
So when I got pregnant i was 118 lbs and now I am 120 which is steadily maintained
As I am petite I always knew gaining too much weight will be a problem for me not to mention the darn gestational diabetes which I read about and ever since then I decided I'll keep my appetite regular but eat as healthy less crabs and also including protein and eating good fats like nuts almonds and walnuts and drinking one glass of milk 1% fat all this has really maintained my weight
I also take 30 mins walk everyday which is really very beneficial although I am an ardent fan of yoga which I used to do a lot before but right now that raises my hart rate so I have avoided for now till first trimester
Will join pregnancy yoga once i am done with the first tri
And I drink lots of water and also walking for ten ,invited after every meal all this has helped me a lot guys

Guys first trimester is really not about gaining weight at all unless you are underweight to begin with, and this is the first thing I learnt when I got pregnant cuz we have a lot more to gain afterwards so focus on good food and mild exercises and from second on plan accordingly to gain weight steadily I am planning to gain max 20-25 lbs really nothing more than that as that's apt for me as per my doc

Do ask your doc they will definitely give you a good plan

Heavy exercises needs to be avoided cuz if that raises your heartbeat our baby has twice that of ours so that may not be good for baby

My morning sickness meds aren't working as well as I hoped, but they are making me drowsy which is good. I just hope that the actual anti-nausea component kicks in ASAP since I've lost more weight.

Found out today that I might qualify for the Pegasus research study! I just have to get a dating scan and specific bloodwork before 13w6d. If I can make that cutoff I'll be good but fingers crossed that I get all of that taken care of. Having a free test like that would be FAB! Thank you to Fit_Mama for giving me the info, yay! :)

That's awesome Lavender!! If you do end doing the study let us know how it goes! In my case I had already done the bloodwork and the dating scan so thought I'd be a shoo in but there are just too many of us old moms, LOL.

If you have trouble getting in for a dating scan on time see if they can notify you of any last minute cancellations. I ended up getting mine the same day I called for an appointment because someone had just cancelled...otherwise the wait was going to be over a month. :-/

Hi ladies,

This is a little off topic of babies but looking for some advice or ideas!

My boyfriend is taking his teacher certification exam next week and he is really nervous. If he does not pass, he will take it again in a couple months. I feel like the past couple months have been all about me and what I'm feeling or not feeling, and I just want him to know that I love him and support him and wish him lots of luck on his exam. So any ideas of what I could do? He's a pretty simple guy, not uber-romantic, but appreciates a kind gesture for sure.

Hi ladies,

This is a little off topic of babies but looking for some advice or ideas!

My boyfriend is taking his teacher certification exam next week and he is really nervous. If he does not pass, he will take it again in a couple months. I feel like the past couple months have been all about me and what I'm feeling or not feeling, and I just want him to know that I love him and support him and wish him lots of luck on his exam. So any ideas of what I could do? He's a pretty simple guy, not uber-romantic, but appreciates a kind gesture for sure.

Maybe make him a nice dinner or take him out one night a few days before the exam so the two of you can relax together and have some alone time. Tell him how proud you are of him for working towards this goal, etc. Might be nice for the two of you to have some time together where you can talk about him and how he's feeling.

I second a date night! Any time I plan a date night my hubby gets so excited bc we rarely go out. Does he have a favorite restaurant?

Duh, yes a date night! That sounds perfect! He has a couple restaurants he loves so I'll give him a choice between them. Its best for him to be out and distracted otherwise his mind really gets the better of him! And maybe a card and I can write sappy things in it lol.

Thanks ladies :flower:

12 week ultrasound went great! Baby is great with a very low fluid level on her neck so yay! She didn't like the ultrasound lol. Kept flipping around so her back was to us. Heartbeat 171 :cloud9:

https://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a589/KylaMissa22/imagejpg5_zpsfc37db88.jpg
https://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a589/KylaMissa22/imagejpg2_zps50499c4d.jpg
https://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a589/KylaMissa22/imagejpg1_zpsfebebbff.jpg
https://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a589/KylaMissa22/imagejpg4_zpsdef4db84.jpg

Awesome ultrasound hun!! You know the sex of the baby already?? You had that panorama test??

Awww such awesome photos!!! Do you feel better now? lol

Yes lol. Even though I know pregnancy and motherhood is all about worrying constantly lol

Haha yep!

The little boy I watch is on my nerves today, not listening, causing chaos and screaming at the top of his lungs. Woke my daughter up 20 mins into her nap earlier. Just put her back down for another nap bc she was yawning like crazy and rubbing her eyes.

I need a nap so badly. I'm having trouble sleeping at night bc no matter how I lay my hips ache so badly I keep waking up. I use a body pillow to put between my knees and ankles since I'm a side sleeper but it isn't doing much at all.

Hi my names Ashley just came across this thread...I am currently 11 weeks pregnant with a due date of August 11th. I live in California and this is the 1st time I've ever been pregnant. My hubbys birthday and our anniversary are also in August so it'll be a big month for us!! I am 26 and hubby is 28. I have temporarily deactivated my Facebook because a good friend's nosey wife blurted out our secret on there (think I deleted it before anyone saw it) but I don't want it to get out before we're ready to tell the world so I will join the fb group in a couple weeks after out 12w6d scan. :)

Sweet!! When is your anniversary?? Mine and DH's is the 13th of August ha. And I'm 27 and Dh is 30.

Our anniversary is the 27th. He for some weird reason wanted to get married on his bday the 26th but it was a Thursday and I didn't want a Thursday so we did the next day (friday)

That's cool! you actually got married exactly 2 weeks after us - our 5th anniversary is this year. We didn't plan to get married on the day with did, it just worked out lol. It was Friday the 13th.

I started a pregnancy workout group in the pregnancy groups and discussions area (where our August group is). Sass, I still had 15lbs left as well before this bfp!

Ooh I should join this!! I went from 226 pre-pregnancy, to 232 at 9 weeks and now I'm back down to 225. o_O But I'm hoping my weightloss slows down. I do want to be at least my pre-pregnancy weight by the time baby comes.

Aside from allll of that. I'm extremely tired today ladies. It sucks =/:coffee:

Our anniversary is September 13, we were wanting a Saturday wedding, and we chose that particular Saturday because it meant that some years our anniversary will be Friday the 13th. :haha: Yes, as you can tell we were very serious and 'bridezilla' about the whole thing.

Hi my names Ashley just came across this thread...I am currently 11 weeks pregnant with a due date of August 11th. I live in California and this is the 1st time I've ever been pregnant. My hubbys birthday and our anniversary are also in August so it'll be a big month for us!! I am 26 and hubby is 28. I have temporarily deactivated my Facebook because a good friend's nosey wife blurted out our secret on there (think I deleted it before anyone saw it) but I don't want it to get out before we're ready to tell the world so I will join the fb group in a couple weeks after out 12w6d scan. :)

Sweet!! When is your anniversary?? Mine and DH's is the 13th of August ha. And I'm 27 and Dh is 30.

Our anniversary is the 27th. He for some weird reason wanted to get married on his bday the 26th but it was a Thursday and I didn't want a Thursday so we did the next day (friday)

That's cool! you actually got married exactly 2 weeks after us - our 5th anniversary is this year. We didn't plan to get married on the day with did, it just worked out lol. It was Friday the 13th.

I started a pregnancy workout group in the pregnancy groups and discussions area (where our August group is). Sass, I still had 15lbs left as well before this bfp!

Ooh I should join this!! I went from 226 pre-pregnancy, to 232 at 9 weeks and now I'm back down to 225. o_O But I'm hoping my weightloss slows down. I do want to be at least my pre-pregnancy weight by the time baby comes.

Aside from allll of that. I'm extremely tired today ladies. It sucks =/:coffee:

Our anniversary is September 13, we were wanting a Saturday wedding, and we chose that particular Saturday because it meant that some years our anniversary will be Friday the 13th. :haha: Yes, as you can tell we were very serious and 'bridezilla' about the whole thing.

LOL that is funny QueenQueso.

I just realized baby's 18 week u/s is scheduled for Friday (March) the 13th - eek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->