**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Didn't want to just disappear and I'll try to post an update eventually when I know something, but I probably won't be around anymore.

We had our NT u/s today and unfortunately Baby has an extremely rare but serious condition wherein his bladder is not draining at all and is hugely swollen. Poor sweetie's entire bottom half was nearly all bladder. :cry:

We had been so reassured listening to the strong heartbeat on the doppler, but his strong cardiovascular system doesn't cancel out his bladder problem sadly.

DH, Baby and I will be spending a full day at the hospital having tests done next week and will be meeting with Geneticists so discuss our options, but the prognosis doesn't sound very favorable. Hopefully DH and I are right about Baby being a boy as then he might have a slim chance. If Baby is a girl her fate is already sealed. As it is Baby's fate may already be sealed as the enlarged bladder is crushing the kidneys and may have already caused permanent damage.

Apparently the odds of this happening are 0.08% to 0.6% - even the doctor couldn't believe it. :cry:

We love our little one so very much and are grateful to have him with us - we just pray to God he's not in any pain or discomfort. He was moving his arms around at the u/s and the doctor said "there is your little person waving to say hello." So beautiful and simultaneously devestating as in my mind I'm wondering if he was waving bye. We were too heartbroken to ask for a picture but I plan to ask for one at our next appointment that has his little hands in it.

This is so hard and I don't know how I'll ever get over it. We love him so very much and it is so unfair that our time as a family of 3 could be coming to an end already.

^Fitmama, I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say. :hug: Fxed, he is a boy, and that slim chance is still there.

Pearly, I hope that cystic hygroma resolves itself eventually.

--
My NT scan is next week, and I'm getting anxious as last time I saw bub is at 5w6d and I don't have a home doppler.

Pearly, I really hope all is OK. Try not to panic until after your appointment, hopefully your doctor can give you some answers :hugs:

:hugs:to all you ladies not feeling well, I'm just starting to feel better now too.

Lavender glad that your appointment went well.

Didn't want to just disappear and I'll try to post an update eventually when I know something, but I probably won't be around anymore.

We had our NT u/s today and unfortunately Baby has an extremely rare but serious condition wherein his bladder is not draining at all and is hugely swollen. Poor sweetie's entire bottom half was nearly all bladder. :cry:

We had been so reassured listening to the strong heartbeat on the doppler, but his strong cardiovascular system doesn't cancel out his bladder problem sadly.

DH, Baby and I will be spending a full day at the hospital having tests done next week and will be meeting with Geneticists so discuss our options, but the prognosis doesn't sound very favorable. Hopefully DH and I are right about Baby being a boy as then he might have a slim chance. If Baby is a girl her fate is already sealed. As it is Baby's fate may already be sealed as the enlarged bladder is crushing the kidneys and may have already caused permanent damage.

Apparently the odds of this happening are 0.08% to 0.6% - even the doctor couldn't believe it. :cry:

We love our little one so very much and are grateful to have him with us - we just pray to God he's not in any pain or discomfort. He was moving his arms around at the u/s and the doctor said "there is your little person waving to say hello." So beautiful and simultaneously devestating as in my mind I'm wondering if he was waving bye. We were too heartbroken to ask for a picture but I plan to ask for one at our next appointment that has his little hands in it.

This is so hard and I don't know how I'll ever get over it. We love him so very much and it is so unfair that our time as a family of 3 could be coming to an end already.

I'm so sorry Fit Mama, am hoping that baby is a boy and there is something that can be done to help him. Thinking of you and your family and sending you big :hugs:

Hi ladies!! Can I join? I had no idea this group was here, sorry for being a little late to the party! I will try my best to catch up on all the posts.

EDD: 28 Aug 15
TWINS! :baby::baby:

FitMama...I'm so so sorry. Hoping and praying that you get some positive news at the doctors. :hugs:

Pearly...fingers crossed your next scan goes well :hugs:

Pearly you and your bub are in my prayers and hopefully the tech made a mistake when measuring

Fitmama I am so sorry, just try to keep the faith and do not let anyone convince you that there is absolutely no chance for baby...stay strong and hopefully things work out

Praying4BB Congrats and Welcome...I am a mom of twins and they are terrific your going to have a blast :)

Thanks a lot guys I really need all your prayers and support and we are really staying strong and hoping it resolves if it's there on its own
I read all positive stories too about this condition so hoping I get to share my positive story soon here

Fit mama I am really sorry hun and can feel completely what you are feeling right now but I am feeling that there is always some hope as I feel for myself too wanna just say stay strong hun my prayers are for u too!!

Sorry Fit mamma . hope that the results today, are changed tomorrow.for the better. prayers for you and baby.

and to you as well pearly

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone - they mean more than you could ever know. We don't have a lot of hope based on what we were told, but the fact that an entire team of Geneticists will be meeting to discuss the best course of action for our little one gives me some comfort, because at least whatever diagnoses he receives will not be given in haste.

In case there is even the slimmest chance he can hear us we're talking to him a bunch, telling him how much we love him, how strong he is, and how proud we are to be his mom and dad. DH says the most important thing we can do as parents right now is be as strong and brave as possible so we can make whatever decision will be best for him in spite of our grief. For now I am finding comfort that he is here with me to give me strength.

Have u got ur down Syndrome result,??

We did our blood test about 3 weeks ago and everything was fine there, and the doctor said about 3 times today that fortunately our little one does not have any sign of downs. At the time I wondered (bitterly, I admit) why it mattered either way, but I suppose it is one less obstacle in our path.

Big ((hugs)) Pearly. I will pray, first and foremost, that your next appointment will show that your little one doesn't have a genetic disorder
at all, and secondly, that if there is one present that it is treatable.

Fit mama i'm sorry you're going through this and I hope everything works out for the best!

My thoughts are with those of you who are going through a difficult time right now x

I have a doctor appointment today for the weird rash on the underside of my boobs *posted about it on the FB page*. Going to mention my thirst constantly and that I get a headache with the slightest bit of sugar. And nausea with my morning cereal (not sure if it's from the banana or the milk)

Fit mama thank you so so much hun I see a lot of hope for both of us since your test for down is negative that means it's not a chromosome issue it can get better hun let's hold to our positive thoughts at this time of ours and pray our lil one shows all the improvement v v soon lots f luv n hugs to u n the lil one too

Hi ladies!! Can I join? I had no idea this group was here, sorry for being a little late to the party! I will try my best to catch up on all the posts.

Welcome and congrats on twins, how exciting!

Fit mama thank you so so much hun I see a lot of hope for both of us since your test for down is negative that means it's not a chromosome issue it can get better hun let's hold to our positive thoughts at this time of ours and pray our lil one shows all the improvement v v soon lots f luv n hugs to u n the lil one too

I think that's a wonderful attitude to have Pearly :hugs:

Keeping both of you ladies and your babies in my thoughts and prayers.

Fitmama I am so sorry to hear!! Will keep you in my prayers! Hope there is something they can do. Luckily you will have a whole team there so hopefully one of those clever people will have a solution!

Pearly sorry to hear too!! Hopefully you are the lucky 50%! Will keep you in my prayers too.

So my scan is in less than 24h, tomorrow at 11:30!! Totally freaking out now.

I got a call from my doctors office about the last ultrasound done at 11 weeks they saw the thickness at the neck little bit higher I am not sure she said 4 cm or 4 mm but she said they detect something called cystic hygroma which could be 50% true or false they want me to meet high risk ob and get my scan done again

My Down syndrome result hasn't come back yet so m waiting for that too
But m really sad and staying strong too

You both are in my thoughts! Hoping for good results and healthy babies for you both :hugs:

Congrats! Will add you

Fitmama I am so sorry to hear!! Will keep you in my prayers! Hope there is something they can do. Luckily you will have a whole team there so hopefully one of those clever people will have a solution!

Pearly sorry to hear too!! Hopefully you are the lucky 50%! Will keep you in my prayers too.

So my scan is in less than 24h, tomorrow at 11:30!! Totally freaking out now.

Good luck!

Oh fit mama.... Words can't describe how upset I am for you. But this is not the end, not even by a long shot. You and your husband were given this journey because you guys have the strength to overcome it all. Please keep us updated when you find out more! Massive hugs, and stay strong! Xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->