**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Thank you KylasBaby and Sass!! I couldn't believe it either!! Very happy we know and can start shopping tho!! :)

And my due date changed to august 8th KylasBaby. :) definitely all boy! lol

Hi ladies! I'm getting a little antsy over here waiting 2 more weeks to find out the gender at our early gender scan. Lol All I want to do is go shopping :haha:

Officially going to the maternity clothes store later this week and stocking up on my pregnancy spring and summer clothes. Was going to hold off for my shopping spree till March but I literally have no pants that fit me except for yoga pants lol and no bras, either! I've gone up to a 36DD and my poor sports bras are being strained lol

Under a blizzard warning in the Chicago area, already about 9" of snow since last night with another 9" by tomorrow morning. My spring semester at college starts tomorrow but I have a feeling classes will be cancelled lol

Ohh Greats you reminded me I need to go get fitted for a bra again soon. I was a 32DD before pregnancy and I think the weight loss must have done something to my boobs cause before I was spilling out of them before and now they just barely fit. :haha: I tried measuring myself last night and the measurements were way, way off. Time to bring a pro in!

Ohh Greats you reminded me I need to go get fitted for a bra again soon. I was a 32DD before pregnancy and I think the weight loss must have done something to my boobs cause before I was spilling out of them before and now they just barely fit. :haha: I tried measuring myself last night and the measurements were way, way off. Time to bring a pro in!

I've never been fitted for a bra before... I know Victoria's Secret does it. Maybe I should splurge lol Thinking I'm going to try getting a few really nice supportive bras without the wire. Last pregnancy the wire really bothered me and I ended up wearing sports bras the whole time which made my boobs look weird in photos lol

Victoria secrets mostly I find wired bra may be I'll also start luking into the non wired section do they really have non wired??

Yeah I checked their website and searched "wireless bras"... they have a bunch of cute ones! I'm definitely going this week to get a few to last me until baby is born and I start breastfeeding.

I needed so many bras last time that I literally have a drawer of them that just go up and up. It was crazy. My boobs are so heavy right now. They feel like bags of pebbles.

Oh I also got some wireless that are also nursing bras at motherhood that were really comfy.

I needed so many bras last time that I literally have a drawer of them that just go up and up. It was crazy. My boobs are so heavy right now. They feel like bags of pebbles.

Mine never got this big at all with my daughter. I've already got stretch marks on them! Which I don't mind, and dh doesn't care either as he's enjoying how big they look :rofl:

Mines obsessed too but they're still so sore I'm like, ugh! Stay away! ;)

So I'd love to hear what you ladies think on this one:
My ob says I don't get the nt because I had the harmony test. My results should be in sometime this week. I freaked over getting them, but also that we could be overlooking something anatomical by not having the nt. I feel like everyone else on here got the DNA test also got the nt too? Am I right on that?
I feel bad pushing for the nt after how hard I had to push to get the DNA. DH says they work for us and just push away but I feel like a pain. I haven't had a us with a professional since 8 weeks and my next one won't be til 17/18 weeks. What do you all think? Am I just worrying too much?

I'm not 100% sure on what the harmony tests for but the NT scan is pretty much for down syndrome and heart defects (plus whatever they see as far as measurements go) so if the harmony doesn't do one of those, I think that is reason enough. For what it's worth, my dr calls nt scan optional for most of her patients. Personally, I'd ask...does your dr do it? Mine is tomorrow and I am seeing a perinatologist.

So I'd love to hear what you ladies think on this one:
My ob says I don't get the nt because I had the harmony test. My results should be in sometime this week. I freaked over getting them, but also that we could be overlooking something anatomical by not having the nt. I feel like everyone else on here got the DNA test also got the nt too? Am I right on that?
I feel bad pushing for the nt after how hard I had to push to get the DNA. DH says they work for us and just push away but I feel like a pain. I haven't had a us with a professional since 8 weeks and my next one won't be til 17/18 weeks. What do you all think? Am I just worrying too much?

Here they don't do an NT scan or any type of DNA testing. At my 12 week scan my OB did a quick look with a horrible machine just to make sure baby was there and moving. I won't know anything until my 20 week anatomy scan.

I am trying to not worry too much, but agree with your husband, they work for you. I figure the results won't change my decision in any way, so I will just relax and enjoy :flower:

Nt is optional here as well but most ladies do it so long as their insurance covers it. If you want to push for it, I say push for it! I would.

Don't mean to be rude but this is a pregnancy group, not a place to post contests for your friends...

Sass, I think u could push for the NT. Here, it's optional and we have to pay for the combined bloods test, scan was free. I actually just want the scan to see the baby, and I'm also kinda struggling for money. My terrible MS had forced me to forego my consultancy jobs being bedridden for more than a month. Well, the doc said, its pointless to do the scan without the blood test, so I had to sell stuffs on ebay to raise the cash.

Sass. I'm 13 weeks in a couple of days. I missed my chance for my scan with perinatology in pittsbugh. They usually want it done by 13.6 weeks and I can't make it there before 14 weeks. I can however do maternity 21 and 2nd level anatomy scan in the burgh at 18-20 weeks. I have the choice on the bloodwork. I can't decide. It will cost 300$. And if any huge abnormality should be seen at advanced scan. So I'm not sure. What I'll do. At that time I'll be able to get gender if I want it. So Id say nt scan not as important as all Dna test.

I don't think I get an NT scan at all. I just get an anatomy scan at 20 weeks.

Also I feel you ladies about the bra thing... I'm a 40F and I'm pushing out of the cup.. And I can't order bra's online, even though people think I can, because if I do they might not fit properly and I'd have to send them back.

Also today was a fat day. Tried on 5 different shirts and felt fat in each one, especially when I sat down. So I went with a flow-y loose tank with floral print and a nice cover instead. Feel way better. Guess I need to find some shirts to buy. But that sucks because our options are limited here and I don't want to buy things without trying them on you know?

Also - my happy note for the weekend. I picked up the new Vampire Chronicles book by Anne Rice called Prince Lestat :D *SQUEEEEE*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->