**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Our scan today went really well, baby looked perfect and cooperated well for pics. We're team blue, which I am super surprised but happy about. My DH was right (yet again) about the gender.

Congrats on team blue!!

Happy Easter to you too Poppiebug!

Congrats Lysarae and Pearly on bring Team Blue as well :thumbup:

Congrats to all the team blue!

Whatever my husband had yesterday, I now have. I can't eat or drink anything. My poor toilet :(

I hope everyone who celebrates has a phenomenal Easter Sunday! We are having both sides of our immediate families over for dinner at 3pm. I still need to put together Rylee's goodies plus the plastic eggs for our easter egg hunt as well as the lil goodie bags of candy for my nieces and nephews.

Still feeling nauseous today and super dehydrated. Drinking some watered down apple juice right now.

Hey Ladies! It's been a while. I'm so happy for all of you, very exciting seeing all those genders up there :oneofeach: Crazy to think that your about halfway there!

I'm glad to say that I'm finally feeling at peace with the loss of little love and ready to try again. It's been a rough road but I'm learning that everything happens for a reason.

HAPPY EASTER! :bunny:

I was shocked to find out we were team blue. Which I also thought was kind of funny. With our first we had been waiting sooooo long for 4 years plus a few thousand dollars in infertility treatments so I truely didn't care which we had but at the same time was convinced I wouldnt be any good with a girl because I'm not very girly. I thought I would do much better with a boy. Well she was a girl and now that we have a girl I couldn't imagine having a boy or what I would do with a boy so I was sure this one would be a girl but he was pretty spread eagle on the scan and I was super surprised!

Thanks Kyla, Heather, Greats, Wonder, mrs.hudson..

I think I got depressed more because of the ruined cake than the gender itself. The gender reveal is the only thing we're doing for this baby, no photos, videos, gimick.. And I found out I may have to give birth alone this time. The midwives told me that my son cannot be in the hospital during birth and there are no childcare facilities nearby, so DH will have to take care of our son while I give birth. We don't have any family here and not many friends who live less than an hour away..

Anyway, cleared my head right now and I know I'm being silly feeling down when I saw that pink frosting. I'm not a girly-girl so I was scared how I will react when my daughter ask me about girly stuffs. Well, it's probably years away, so I can still learn. Now, I'm really excited finding a name for her, initially thought of Keegan cause it sounds very gender neutral, but I'm unsure how masculine it really sounds.

I like Keegan. Maybe ad and "h" after the g. Keeghan. Like Meghan. To make more girly than masc.

Not able to post my 20 week ultrasound pic dnt knw why its not picking from my iPad
But m able to put it as my profile pic

My 20 week ultrasound pic of my baby

I buy packs of dice at Dollar Tree! There were either 5 or 6 in the pack. I like Left Right Center!
Ooo can you do it with regular dice? We have lots already, it just sounded like I had to get a special set. If I don't have to that'd be great. :)
I only get on every few days, so I might be too late for your party, but when we play LRC, we use regular dice. 3 of them. If you roll a 4, you pass a quarter to the left, a 5 and it goes to the right, and a 6 and one goes to the center. Rolling a 1,2, or 3 is safe. You can remember it because the word left has 4 letters, right has 5 and center has 6. I've never seen special dice for it, if it's the same game you're talking about!

Thanks Kyla, Heather, Greats, Wonder, mrs.hudson..

I think I got depressed more because of the ruined cake than the gender itself. The gender reveal is the only thing we're doing for this baby, no photos, videos, gimick.. And I found out I may have to give birth alone this time. The midwives told me that my son cannot be in the hospital during birth and there are no childcare facilities nearby, so DH will have to take care of our son while I give birth. We don't have any family here and not many friends who live less than an hour away..

Anyway, cleared my head right now and I know I'm being silly feeling down when I saw that pink frosting. I'm not a girly-girl so I was scared how I will react when my daughter ask me about girly stuffs. Well, it's probably years away, so I can still learn. Now, I'm really excited finding a name for her, initially thought of Keegan cause it sounds very gender neutral, but I'm unsure how masculine it really sounds.

That sounds like a very depressing series of events. Slight gender disappointment, ruined gender reveal, birthing alone! Who wouldn't be feeling depressed with all that going on! I've been dealing with gender disappointment this time as well. I have my two boys and even though I *knew* that this LO was a girl, I was still hoping to be wrong and see another boy. It's taken me close to a month to get mostly over it. Naming the baby and doing a bit of shopping helped immensely!

Keegan seems very masculine to me, but it's because the only Keegan I personally know is a boy. All the gender neutral names are like that, I think. You attribute them to the gender you're familiar with, like to me, River is for a girl but lots of people say it's only for boys.

As for birthing alone, would it be possible to hire a doula? Since there's months to go still, you would have time to get familiar with them. Or maybe a relative or friend would be willing to be 'on call' for you. Like when it gets close, make a plan that you'll call them when you feel you're in early labor. They can travel to your home and watch your son there while you and your DH are in the hospital. If you live in town and have public transport, you may even be able to go ahead to the hospital and your DH could meet you there. Maybe a different person could take turns being on call?

I only get on every few days, so I might be too late for your party, but when we play LRC, we use regular dice. 3 of them. If you roll a 4, you pass a quarter to the left, a 5 and it goes to the right, and a 6 and one goes to the center. Rolling a 1,2, or 3 is safe. You can remember it because the word left has 4 letters, right has 5 and center has 6. I've never seen special dice for it, if it's the same game you're talking about!
No worries! We did end up finding the LRC dice at a store so we we went with that.

The party was kind of a let down. I'm really trying to hold onto the good that was there because we did have fun with the people that showed, but I still can't help but feel sad. 3 people showed up when I was expecting 8. :(

I was shocked to find out we were team blue. Which I also thought was kind of funny. With our first we had been waiting sooooo long for 4 years plus a few thousand dollars in infertility treatments so I truely didn't care which we had but at the same time was convinced I wouldnt be any good with a girl because I'm not very girly. I thought I would do much better with a boy. Well she was a girl and now that we have a girl I couldn't imagine having a boy or what I would do with a boy so I was sure this one would be a girl but he was pretty spread eagle on the scan and I was super surprised!

Fisher I felt exactly the same way; I had only wanted boys before having Isla and this time I just assumed I was having another girl :dohh: Ah well, I'm excited to have one of each. My DH is beyond excited right now and is in full on planning mode for the nursery.

It's really nice to know now actually as we've been able to do some planning, which has been fun. I feel like this baby has more of an identity now. I have also been offered a bunch of boy's clothes from a couple of friends, which is awesome!

Lavender, I'm sorry the gender reveal was a bit of a let down. Congrats on being Team Pink.

Greats, hope that you're feeling better :hugs:

Hey Ladies! It's been a while. I'm so happy for all of you, very exciting seeing all those genders up there :oneofeach: Crazy to think that your about halfway there!

I'm glad to say that I'm finally feeling at peace with the loss of little love and ready to try again. It's been a rough road but I'm learning that everything happens for a reason.

HAPPY EASTER! :bunny:

Great update, fabulous to hear from you and sounds like you have a wonderful outlook on everything.

Hope you had a wonderful Easter too :flower:

Any genders not included on the front please let me know so I can update. I've been trying to keep on top of it with the fb page and this one, but it's possible I missed some. Also please let me know any team yellows till the end! :thumbup:

Hi ladies. I officially have strep throat. I forgot how terrible this is! I can't believe how sick I've been this pregnancy. I think I was sick like one time with my daughter! I'm on amoxicillin 500mg 3x a day. I saw the doctor assistant yesterday and she's pregnant as well... She wasn't too happy when she asked why I was visiting and I said for a strep test. The look of disgust on her face as she examined my throat was not fun to watch lol

Waiting for Rylee to start showing signs of strep. We shared some food and drinks on Monday so it's only a matter of time before she gets it.

Ordering a new bouncer from Amazon this weekend! I'm getting an automatic one so I don't have to sit and bounce it with my foot all day :haha:

Any of you ladies buying baby stuff soon? Let's talk baby gear! Does anyone baby wear? I bought a Moby wrap back in February but haven't opened it, yet.

That totally sucks that you have strep Greats; I had it in the Fall and it was not fun at all :nope: I did find that the antibiotics cleared it up quickly.

Re baby gear, we're not buying that much stuff this time as we have most of what we need from Isla (and we purposely bought gender neutral stuff). I love baby wearing; I have the Ergo (that I still use with Isla) and I also got the Infantino Sash Mei Thai baby carrier to use when he's small (I've heard bad things about the infant insert for the Ergo).

We'll also need to get another seat for our stroller (Baby Jogger City Select so it converts to a double). We won't need that until next spring though as he will likely be in the car seat adapter for the first while. And we're still debating on whether we will get a high chair or another space saver high chair/booster seat that attaches to one of our dining room chairs. Again not worrying about that until he is closer to 5 or 6 months old.

Other than that, it will mostly be buying things for the nursery, which we have decided will be super hero themed. We also have to get Isla some new furniture too...:wacko:

Really sorry to hear how sick you are greats. Hopefully the antibiotics clear it up really fast. Im baby wearer big time. I love the freedom it gives you and it seemed to make dd so calm. I wore the baby ka'tan for the first few months then switched to the ergo. I was able to Breast feed her in both so that was an extra bonus. DH wore dd in the ergo pretty early on with the insert, but I will say it always seemed to get her pretty sweaty.
I also tried to buy neutral things the first time around. So for this LO, we just needed to set up the nursery- furniture, mattress, sound machine, humidifier, hangers, bedding and diaper changing pad and pail if dd isn't potty trained by then.
We are using the booster seat in our dining room currently so the high chair is in storage already. I think it's just so much easier to clean around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->