**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Really sorry to hear how sick you are greats. Hopefully the antibiotics clear it up really fast. Im baby wearer big time. I love the freedom it gives you and it seemed to make dd so calm. I wore the baby ka'tan for the first few months then switched to the ergo. I was able to Breast feed her in both so that was an extra bonus. DH wore dd in the ergo pretty early on with the insert, but I will say it always seemed to get her pretty sweaty.
I also tried to buy neutral things the first time around. So for this LO, we just needed to set up the nursery- furniture, mattress, sound machine, humidifier, hangers, bedding and diaper changing pad and pail if dd isn't potty trained by then.
We are using the booster seat in our dining room currently so the high chair is in storage already. I think it's just so much easier to clean around.

Sass, you think the high chair is easier to clean around? That would be an important consideration for me. I find the one that Isla has is a pain to clean and taking it apart to wash the cover is annoying. We also have to keep the chair that it sits on covered with dish towels so it doesn't get stained from the food that she drops :haha:

hey everyone . been a long long time since I came here. and after my loss I left the fb group and didn't really talk to anyone. I am sorry about that. I am ready to be around just for support and to see you all grow and have happy and healthy babies. though mine didn't get to live long . <3 <3 anyways. I hope you are all doing well.

Greats, I had strep as well for several weeks ... Not fun at all. It spread to my chest and I had trouble breathing. My immune system is naff, it's just so hard to get rid of it.
Luckily, my son never caught it.

Btw, I think your DD1s name is so cute, my DH actually suggested Riley for this one, or another variation.
--
I'm looking for a better baby sling, as the one we have is kmart's cheapest and not really well-engineered. It covers half of the baby's face when they're facing front. We also need to buy another car seat and an extension of the pram. Damn, even if we buy the barebones minimum, it still sounds expensive :haha:

I just hated our high chair for what sounds like similar reasons- impossible to take apart, straps always had food on them and didn't come out. DH would have to take pliers to it just to get the cover off to get it in the wash.
We got a cool little travel booster seat that Dylan's been in since January and it's so simple. All plastic and just a lap belt that, knock on wood, has stayed super clean. I think she loves being seated at our level and acts more mature at the table because of it. I'll try to find a link to it if I can to post.

https://t.toysrus.com/skava/static/product.html?type=TRU_product_us&url=%2Fproduct%2Findex.jsp%3FproductId%3D35354326%26cp%3D2255957.2273443.2255983.2256183%26parentPage%3Dfamily&domain=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.toysrus.com

Any of you ladies buying baby stuff soon? Let's talk baby gear! Does anyone baby wear? I bought a Moby wrap back in February but haven't opened it, yet.
We've been adding things to registries but we're not planning on buying anything in the near future except maybe a few small things here and there.

We did get DH a used Ergo though! I have shoulder nerve issues and can't wear it so I'm looking for a woven wrap (Maybe from Chimparoo or Little Frog) and maybe a stretchy wrap like the CuddlyWrap since it's supposed to be more lightweight than the Moby. I'm also considering a ring sling or a wrap conversion mei tai. We'll see what I end up with since there's sooo much stuff out there.

https://t.toysrus.com/skava/static/product.html?type=TRU_product_us&url=%2Fproduct%2Findex.jsp%3FproductId%3D35354326%26cp%3D2255957.2273443.2255983.2256183%26parentPage%3Dfamily&domain=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.toysrus.com

Thanks Sass, that's similar to what I have for Isla now but looks look much easier to clean; I'll look into it. The problem with Isla's is the material it is covered in (why???) and the straps as well. Though it sounds easier to take apart than your high chair :wacko:

Lavendar, your DH will love the Ergo, you might actually be able to use it as well; I find it is super comfortable and doesn't put a lot of strain on me when I have it on, (I can still wear Isla in it while pregnant). A ring sling would also be awesome; I have lots of friends who love theirs :thumbup:

hey everyone . been a long long time since I came here. and after my loss I left the fb group and didn't really talk to anyone. I am sorry about that. I am ready to be around just for support and to see you all grow and have happy and healthy babies. though mine didn't get to live long . <3 <3 anyways. I hope you are all doing well.

Nice to hear from you, hope you're doing well too :flower:

Good to hear from you. I'm glad you are doing better! :hugs:

Am I too late to join here?

I'm due 31st August with my second baby. I already have a boy who is nearly 3.

I am hoping for a vbac after an emcs at 42 weeks last time, but at the moment I have placenta previa so we will have to see.
Ive had a few complications this time and a short spell on maternity Ward after a massive bleed at 17 weeks, but overall I actually feel a million times better than I did with my first.

My 20 week scan is next week. I've already been told cautiously is probably a girl so hopefully they will concur next week.

Very sorry to those who have suffered losses. X

thanks. how are things going for you?

Good to see you back 2kids!
Welcome Amelia! I'm in a really similar boat w the vbac and placenta issues. Fx for us both!
Lavendar- check out the baby k'tan for a soft sling. I'm obsessed with mine.

Welcome Amelia :hi:

Is anyone else having a lot of lower back/sciatic pain? I'm carrying this baby lower than Isla and towards the end of the day it can get quite painful. I've been stretching and trying to be active (I find it's worse when I don't move around) but I'm afraid of what it could progress to as this pregnancy goes on...

Am I too late to join here?

I'm due 31st August with my second baby. I already have a boy who is nearly 3.

I am hoping for a vbac after an emcs at 42 weeks last time, but at the moment I have placenta previa so we will have to see.
Ive had a few complications this time and a short spell on maternity Ward after a massive bleed at 17 weeks, but overall I actually feel a million times better than I did with my first.

My 20 week scan is next week. I've already been told cautiously is probably a girl so hopefully they will concur next week.

Very sorry to those who have suffered losses. X

Congrats! Will add you to the front. Be sure to update once you have a solid gender!

thanks. how are things going for you?

Going well. It's my birthday Sunday so leaving work early today to begin my birthday weekend celebrations! Starting with a Miranda Lambert concert tonight :happydance: Super excited. Going to be very different from how I've celebrated my birthdays the past couple of years haha

I had it mrs Eddie. It felt so bad you may remember I thought I had a kidney infection. It was horrible. Def keep moving. Staying still makes it worse unless you're sitting on a heating pad. Heat can help.
I was able to google which excersizes to do and found some videos made by chiropractors, etc. the excersize my ob told me to do us to sit cross legged (wide stance, ankle on knee) in a chair and lean forward at the same time. It's not the greatest, but it's a really easy one to do while seated at your desk or at dinner. Hope this helps! Once your little guy moves up higher, I'm sure it will feel so much better!

Went to see Miranda Lambert in concert last night as the first part of my birthday weekend festivities. Safe to say Ashlyn LOVED her first concert. Or really hated it but I'm going to go with she loved it haha. She was kicking soooo much! Some pretty hard ones too that actually kind of hurt. But it was super fun and we all enjoyed ourselves!
If anyone is ever concerned with their baby kicking go see a concert. It will get them moving real quick!

Thanks Saa! There is actually a variation if the exercise you mentioned on my yoga DVD, I'll try to do that a few times a day :thumbup:

Happy Sunday, ladies! I've been so busy the past few days. Bought my new bouncer yesterday! Decided to get one that automatically bounces instead of the standard ones that vibrate. Rylee hated the vibration on her old one and it was so loud! So hoping this new one works well when baby is here.

My sister asked what I still needed for baby and I said nothing honestly besides some little bits and pieces I plan on getting towards the end of my pregnancy. So she asked what we wanted, and I mentioned I really want the Levana Oma movement monitor that you clip to baby's diaper. I told her I have it in my budget to buy next month and that I have a 20% off coupon from buybuybaby and she said she is going to buy it for us! Super excited!!!!

So all I really need is the breast pump I can finally order next month through my insurance (Medela, yay!), some new Burt's Bees baby wash and lotion (can't use any Johnson & Johnson baby products anymore bc apparently I'm badly allergic now), and some diaper cream, gas drops, diapers, etc.

I finally reached my V-Day on Friday! Officially past the 24 week mark!

Congrats on hitting your V Day Greats! You sound very organized, we still have a lot of things to do before being baby ready. We're slowly getting there :wacko:

Dd wound up being allergic to all of the johnsons stuff too greats. Isn't it so crazy how that goes?
Went to a sprinkle shower today and funny enough, it turned out there were 5 pregnant women out of only 8 people there. It was so nice just talking with so many preggers in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->