**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Kyla I dont have PCOS but my sister does and she was able to produce just fine for her 2 boys and they are 8 years apart and they were both big boys! Sounds like your on the right track with supplements!

Any of you ladies have PCOS as well? I'm really worried it will mess up my plan to breastfeed. From my research about a third of women with PCOS have an oversupply, a third have an under supply and a third are fine. That leaves only a third who don't have enough to feed their babies, but knowing my luck that will be me. Trying to find tips and tricks to help. Will definitely be stocking up on herbal supplements and starting them ASAP if I notice a problem.

Fenugreek makes you smell like maple syrup! :thumbup:

I have this book: https://www.amazon.com/Parents-Need-Eat-Too-Nap-Friendly/dp/0062005944 and it has a great section of recipes in it for breastfeeding mamas that incorporate common galactagogue foods.

Kyla- if your milk is low there's so much you can do to pump it up. First off is to not stress! You'll need to drink even more water than you're drinking now and loads if fruits and veggies. You can also add flax seed to foods like oatmeal and salads. Or you can order the milk supply cookies online. They come in all flavors. And the list goes on and on. No need to stress your supply!

Dont worry Kyla. I have PCOS as well, and I was in the oversupply category.. I think the odds are really bigger to have more milk than less.. I think its because of the inverse relationship between fertility and prolactin. PCOS is a fertility problem, and so is increased prolactin... Just that logic..

Anyway, I'm so thrilled! i'm picking up the cake for the sex-reveal later.. Eeeek..

Any of you ladies have PCOS as well? I'm really worried it will mess up my plan to breastfeed. From my research about a third of women with PCOS have an oversupply, a third have an under supply and a third are fine. That leaves only a third who don't have enough to feed their babies, but knowing my luck that will be me. Trying to find tips and tricks to help. Will definitely be stocking up on herbal supplements and starting them ASAP if I notice a problem.

Enroll the help of a lactation consultant. I found the one in the hospital to be less than helpful but we went for a visit to a free standing breastfeeding center at about 6weeks and they spent tons of time with us were very helpful. (And finally took my complaints of my daughters tongue tie seriously) so I can't say enough good things about that visit. But I think the ones in the hospital are to rushed and you're too overwhelmed right then to ask.
-- I guess I should clarify that I don't have PCOS

A suggestion for baby showers... I threw my SIL hers this past Saturday. We only played one game but we did do a fun and memorable activity at the end of the shower. I had little pieces of paper (like 3x3 inches) that guests had to each write a well-wishing for the baby or a prayer or some kind of loving note. We tied them to all the balloons we had as decorations and did a huge balloon release outside. It was awesome and sweet and we have a ton of pictures!

My friend was team yellow so at her shower her sister had each guest write their gender guess on a small blackboard and took a picture of them holding it. You then wrote a nice message to Mom and Baby in a book they had and after the shower they printed the pictures and put them in the book with each person's message. Might be a nice thing to do with your guest before you reveal the sex.

We're actually doing something similar, too. :) I made this little sheet and I plan to have guests fill it out as they start to arrive. It'll be so nice to keep in a baby book!

Attachments

• Wishes.jpg
    Wishes.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 3
What a disaster! Picked up the cake then as I was entering our flat, my son who is now walking on his own, lose his balance on my knees. Since I was also carrying groceries at that time, I dropped the box of cake, and sure enough it was destroyed..

i saw the pink inner filling and I just cant help but cry.... We still did the cake slicing ceremony, but of course, whats the point.. Well, i'm team pink, and I have to learn to accept that, I guess.

What a disaster! Picked up the cake then as I was entering our flat, my son who is now walking on his own, lose his balance on my knees. Since I was also carrying groceries at that time, I dropped the box of cake, and sure enough it was destroyed..

i saw the pink inner filling and I just cant help but cry.... We still did the cake slicing ceremony, but of course, whats the point.. Well, i'm team pink, and I have to learn to accept that, I guess.

Welcome to team pink! It's a great team :thumbup:
I'm sorry the whole cake part was a disaster. Are you more disappointed with that being ruined or that you're team pink? I would have had some severe gender disappointment if we had been team blue.

Is there anyone who is staying team yellow until birth? If so let me know and I'll add a :yellow: to the front of your name as well like I do for the :pink: and :blue:. The one :yellow: is just a placeholder until gender is found out so if you are staying yellow let me know so I can give you another stork as well!

OMG, that sounds horrible! I'm not sure if you are disappointed by the cake being ruined or that you are team pink but I'd be sooo upset too if that happened to me and I found out in such an unplanned way! Even if I was really excited about the gender. But, welcome to Team Pink! :hugs:

Sorry about the cake revealing itself. If it's gender that got you down , don't worry no was there too. Cried while probe was on my belly. What a wimp jerk I felt like. But I'm good now. A little retail therapy helped that. Baby girls are more fun to dress.

Awe Lian!!! Don't be upset if it's the gender that has you down. If my lo is a boy I'll have a moment like that too. I had to warn DH. Doesn't mean you don't love baby just as much you just expected something else.

Baby girls are awesome to shop for! My daughter is 2.5 and I still shop for her every month haha and having another girl I'm finding way cuter girl onesies than a few years ago. And bows. And glitter. And amazingness!

My house is turning into a doctor's office... The girl I babysit has suddenly become very phlegmy and her asthma is crazy today so her dad is picking her up early for an emergency appointment. I've got her breathing machine and meds all out. Then my DH comes home from work suddenly a half hour ago bc he's throwing up and has diarrhea. The boy I watch has a runny nose. My daughter has been pooping non-stop today and is now red down there. Ahhhhh!!!

Please don't let me get sick! We're hosting Easter dinner on Sunday for both sides of the family and cannot get sick.

I was so sad when I found out dd1 was a girl. I really just always imagined kicking our family off with a boy. It took a while but dd is the greatest. And the clothes are excellent. She's so sweet. I'm really excited lo#2 is a girl, but I'm holding out hope LO #3 will be a boy for DH.

And I hope your house goes on the mend soon greats!

Right after I posted about my house being sick, my daughter tripped and busted her bottom lip open. Blood everywhere! But not deep enough for stitches. Thank god!

Our scan today went really well, baby looked perfect and cooperated well for pics. We're team blue, which I am super surprised but happy about. My DH was right (yet again) about the gender.

I think it's perfectly normal to be disappointed about the gender. I had originally wanted a boy first as well but having a girl is amazing and I imagine having a boy will be awesome too.

Lian sorry your gender reveal surprise was ruined, that sucks.

Greats, sorry to hear you're dealing with so much sickness, not fun. I hope your daughter's poor lip is OK....

I totally had the gender disappointment too when I found out we are having another boy. Now I am super excited as I've been shopping for him and my cot bedding arrived this week. Can't wait to really get stuck into decorating his room. :)

I hope everyone who celebrates it, has a very Happy Easter :bunny: We have a 4 day weekend here so it's lovely to relax a little and just generally be lazy. Might go looking at baby swings tomorrow.

We had our gender scan yesterday! we still dont know for sure but I have a feeling its a boy. The tech said "he" twice. Either way we know the little jelly bean is super healthy and growing!

Attachments

• baby2.jpg
    baby2.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 37
Had my anatomy scan too it went really well baby was very very cooperative which the tech mentioned specifically lol
All the measurements and organs and everything looked great so yay for the healthy baby and ofcourse its a boy!! Team blue!!

He is weighing 13 oz��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"