**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

That's not too bad. We could always run over to the store and grab some baby food! So far I've got a quiz on old wives' tales about what the baby will be based on those. :p

Funny enough we do have a lot of board games but it looks like we'll have one person too many for the ones we have!

Hello Ladies

Sorry I haven't really posted much. I had a very rough first trimester but things are pretty much fine now. My due date is now 7 August and we are team :pink: :cloud9:

Crazy how different IL and IN are for baby showers!
It's not really IN as a whole, it's all the different areas and groups of people. For example, I usually tell people I'm from Cincinnati because that's what I'm right by. I lived in Indianapolis for almost two years and it was like culture shock! The people and ways of doing things were soooo different! I'm sure there's places in IL that would be like that for you, too.

Annoyed at the mother of the boy I babysit. He comes here every day and it's always the same crap... Oh I couldn't get him to eat breakfast or lunch so you'll need to get him to eat. Seriously? It's 1:41pm and he hasn't eaten anything all day? I don't even think she's trying. He's this tiny itty bitty peanut, is about to turn 2.5 years and is still wearing 12 month clothing whereas his mom is a whale. So then I spend the entire afternoon and evening trying to get him to eat as much as I can. Grrrrr.
I can relate to that with the kids I sit for. :growlmad: They'll drop them off late, starving, and wearing what they slept in (which was often what they wore yesterday), with a little bag of clothes for me to change them into later. Half the time, the clothes for the little girl don't even fit. She's not small, she's always been perfectly average, but here lately she's really um... chunked up. When it first started, I was thinking she was about to have a growth spurt and gain maybe an inch or two, but no. Now I think it's because they eat nothing but fast food or microwave meals and junk food snacks.

On the size, my DS1 was teeny tiny. He was 50% in everything at birth and by a year old he had actually dropped off the bottom of the percentile chart. I think he was in 18mos at 2.5, but at about 15mos, the doctor had us start a high calorie diet, whole milk, full-fat cheeses and everything, we were even adding heavy whipping cream to things for the extra dairy fat. He's still small, age 9 and the size of an average 6yo, and drinks pediasure every day to try to add calories. So unless he has some kind of food allergies, which you would know about as the fulltime sitter, then her not feeding him and only doing water is probably directly against doctor's orders as well as against common sense...

I think long dresses will really be key this summer.
Yes they will be! I'm still putting off dragging my mat stuff out. It's mostly cool/cold weather stuff anyway as my boys were born in November and February, but last time I made it through all the hot weather times by wearing mostly dresses and skirts bought a size up (or really long ones that I pulled up above my belly instead of them sitting at my hips). That's my main plan for this time, too! Hope it works! I bought two pairs of mat shorts last time and they were both AWFUL!

AFM, my only update is that I bought a pregnancy support band online last night. It'll be here in a couple days and hopefully it fits and it relives the tendon/ligament/muscle pains that make it hard to walk.

Congrats Fisher and Poppie on being Team Blue

Congrats LuckyEleven on being Team Pink!

I have been lucky too in that I was able to find some nice maternity stuff when I was pregnant the first time and got that all back plus a ton of clothes from my sister. Towards the end of my pregnancy last time, I wore a lot of maxi dresses, which were perfect for the end of summer. I also have a lot of looser/flowing shirts that I wear that aren't maternity but still fit well. Some maternity clothes are awful but I have managed to find some cute things too. My favourite store is Motherhood Maternity but I think that they're only in Canada...

Nothing new to report here either. Next midwife appointment is on Wednesday and then 20 week scan on Thursday (FINALLY)!!!

I'm in Florida so we can usually wear a lot of the same things year round. I love dresses and just bought two at a Target, some shorts from old navy and Ann Taylor Loft, and shirts from motherhood maternity. I swear by maternity cami's too. Makes me feel less lumpy and more smooth. My next purchase will be a bathing suit. I'm thinking the pool is the only way I'll survive this summer lol.

I'm in Florida so we can usually wear a lot of the same things year round. I love dresses and just bought two at a Target, some shorts from old navy and Ann Taylor Loft, and shirts from motherhood maternity. I swear by maternity cami's too. Makes me feel less lumpy and more smooth. My next purchase will be a bathing suit. I'm thinking the pool is the only way I'll survive this summer lol.

Yes, I need a bathing suit too. My sister just wore a normal one piece in a larger size that worked for her. I think it will still be too big for me right now but will work later on in the summer :thumbup:

I've been wearing my normal clothes as long as I can. Luckily I have found some nice jeans and capris because my old ones don't for at all. Even a Bella band can't hide the fact they're all the way unzippered lol. Once I get my first check from work I'm going to go to a maternity consignment store here and hope they have more of a variety. Most days I work and just have to wear the uniform so I don't have to worry too much. I have maternity pants for that.

Less than a week until our anatomy scan! I'm anxious and excited. Other than that nothing new here just working and enjoying the nice weather.

I can still wear some of my old clothes as well but mostly more loose and flowy things; I wouldn't even attempt to wear some of my pants or skirts right now though :haha:

Awesome that your scan is coming up so soon Mrs. H; exciting that we're at the stage where the majority of the group will know if they're team pink or blue!

22 weeks today! Woohoo. Ashlyn is definitely getting stronger. OH felt her kicking up around my belly button this morning. Said she definitely feels like she's getting stronger! She likes to flip around as I feel her kicking very low down and then up at the top of my uterus too. My anterior placenta has to be moving as I'm feeling her where I haven't been before.

Congrats hun for 22 weeks yayy m 20 weeks almost half way thru pregnancy feeling great!!

Craving chick fil a a lot but heard Burger King , chick fil a has msg I had once a Burger King as I was craving so badly but havnt had anything else since so what do u guys say have u guys had chick fil a inspire they have msg in it

I hate most of the pregnancy clothes out there, haha. 90% of them aren't my style at all even if they are cute. Thank goodness some of the non-maternity styles include loose shirts so I have some that will last me most of the way through.

Amen on the pastels. I love them but I look gross in most of them! Gimme something else!

Nothing much here going on except me whining about all the ligament pain I'm having lol. I'm also having a tough time trying to come up with a couple more games for the reveal party I'm having on the 4th. Some of this stuff is just too cheesy for me to do with a co-ed party hahaha.

I vote just have people pick sides and cut the cake! But I'm not much of a game person:haha:

I vote just have people pick sides and cut the cake! But I'm not much of a game person:haha:
Hehe that'd be easy! So far I've got pink and blue clothespins guests will clip on themselves when they come in, guess how many jellybeans are in the jar, and a silly quiz on Old Wives' tales. I have a little "Wishes for Baby" form I made that guests can fill out while everyone arrives, too.

There may be a non-baby game or two as well! I'm still looking for dice for a game called Left, Right, Center. A friend of mine said he might be able to bring a game called Werewolf where people are villagers and they try to guess who the werewolf is. :haha:

Then we'll cut the cake with pink frosting inside, yay! :)

A suggestion for baby showers... I threw my SIL hers this past Saturday. We only played one game but we did do a fun and memorable activity at the end of the shower. I had little pieces of paper (like 3x3 inches) that guests had to each write a well-wishing for the baby or a prayer or some kind of loving note. We tied them to all the balloons we had as decorations and did a huge balloon release outside. It was awesome and sweet and we have a ton of pictures!

Afm, I've been so exhausted the last week. Like all I want to do is sleep and when I do sleep I wake up feeling like I didn't get enough. Between school and babysitting all the kids this week, I'm left feeling absolutely spent at the end of the day.

Hehe that'd be easy! So far I've got pink and blue clothespins guests will clip on themselves when they come in, guess how many jellybeans are in the jar, and a silly quiz on Old Wives' tales. I have a little "Wishes for Baby" form I made that guests can fill out while everyone arrives, too.

There may be a non-baby game or two as well! I'm still looking for dice for a game called Left, Right, Center. A friend of mine said he might be able to bring a game called Werewolf where people are villagers and they try to guess who the werewolf is. :haha:

I buy packs of dice at Dollar Tree! There were either 5 or 6 in the pack. I like Left Right Center!

I buy packs of dice at Dollar Tree! There were either 5 or 6 in the pack. I like Left Right Center!
Ooo can you do it with regular dice? We have lots already, it just sounded like I had to get a special set. If I don't have to that'd be great. :)

Any of you ladies have PCOS as well? I'm really worried it will mess up my plan to breastfeed. From my research about a third of women with PCOS have an oversupply, a third have an under supply and a third are fine. That leaves only a third who don't have enough to feed their babies, but knowing my luck that will be me. Trying to find tips and tricks to help. Will definitely be stocking up on herbal supplements and starting them ASAP if I notice a problem.

My friend was team yellow so at her shower her sister had each guest write their gender guess on a small blackboard and took a picture of them holding it. You then wrote a nice message to Mom and Baby in a book they had and after the shower they printed the pictures and put them in the book with each person's message. Might be a nice thing to do with your guest before you reveal the sex.

And Greats sorry to hear you feel so tired, gets lots of rest when you can.

Kyla, I don't have PCOS but one of my friends did and she was able to BF both her children, though I think she did have to supplement with formula with her daughter for the first couple weeks due to supply issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->