**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

You guys are so excited for the cervix exam on the other hand I am like a big no no until,it's a absolutely necessary may be ill push it till 39 weeks definitely not in a mood to experience any pain before the actual pain begins

Still lemme know how have been the experiences so far I might just get motivated my next appointment is on Friday for 37 weeks and then on Tuesday the ultrasound

I would have liked one but I don't get one till I'm over 40 weeks. I've just about managed to get a sweep booked for 40+3 if I don't go before then.

Getting induced! Hopefully it doesn't take forever. Got a sweep at my appointment earlier today so hopefully it helps!

Pearly, I get exactly what you mean! The strep b swab was bad enough in my opinion, I can't imagine what a cervical check would feel like! :argh: I think the thought of it is what kept me from saying lets check! :haha:

Frankly swab was not bad at all Hun,but all the horror stories of cervical checks makes me so nervous!!

What is sweep btw??

I'm curious, too. The midwife I saw yesterday discussed them with me. She said they really only do them if the woman asks because she's curious or if they're feeling the need to induce for some reason. So somehow I managed to hold out, but I also know it could mean nothing for when I could deliver even if there is some dilation happening. Still tempted and curious, though. Would like to know if these BH and such have done much in that department. Who knows, maybe I'll ask next week. :shrug:

MrsH and MamaBunny, hope you both have good appointments today!

Yeah mine said it doesn't matter because you could be 0 and go into labor that day or vice versa.

I caved and I asked though. I am 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced and my lady bits are killing me. She was real gentle but jeez am I sensitive down there. Everything else was totally fine. She had no idea about the blood and said she wasn't concerned. She could feel Oliver's head and said my cervix was real low which is a good sign since this is my first. He needs to come soon.

Took a two hour nap just now. I can't make it through the day without a nap now.

Dang my phone didn't show me anything on this page until I submitted my reply.

Really it didn't hurt THAT bad. Satisfying my curiosity was worth it haha.

Good luck Kyla!

Babies everywhere! Kylas, good luck with your induction, you're going to do great!

Livia Avery is here! Born yesterday 7/28 at 2:30am weighing 7lb 15oz and 20" long. We got discharged today so are home now!

Nursing has been rough bc she is having issues staying latched but worked with a lactation consultant and the nurses and we are both slowly starting to get the hang of it. She latches way better on my left side than right though so my right nipple is sore from her latching so poorly.

She only lost 4oz of weight, but is developing jaundice so she has her first pediatrician appt tomorrow morning for possible blood work.

Oh and found out my cousin's wife had their baby yesterday too! So Livia shares a birthday with her 2nd cousin now lol

So glad you're home Greats! Wherever she's sleeping through the day, but her in a sunlit window. The MW did that for Jack when he had mild jaundice and it cleared it up.

Congratulations greats! Wonderful news. Hoping the feeding gets better for you. Enjoy your newest little girl.

Kylasbaby - all the best!!

I had my last Obs appointment today. Surprised as I was 2cm and even though I am already booked in for induction Saturday, my Obs was saying I might not make it that far! So unlike any normal person who would be encouraging baby to come on his own, I am now sitting with my feet up and resting as I don't want to have to rush into the hospital between now and then. I am happy though as she was confident that it probably wouldn't take too long for him to arrive once we get started. :)

Congrats to all the new mommies and good luck Kylas on your induction!

35 week doctor appointment yesterday - gained 2lbs since my last visit 2 weeks ago. I've been gaining a pound a week regularly now and am at a 43lb gain so far overall. Just about to my estimated "goal" gain of 50lbs :happydance: (30 with DS1, 40 with DD and assumed around 50 with this one) My doctor said he isn't worried about me, as I always have "textbook pregnancies" and go back down in weight afterwards without a prob :blush: Belly measured spot on at 35. Got the Group B swab done... it tickled :laugh2: Then my doctor did the internal exam which was a little uncomfortable. He was feeling around then suddenly goes "annnnd THERE'S the head. Right. There. Wow." He told me no dilation, no effacement and that is rare for a third baby. Not sure if he was referring to baby's head location, the fact that I'm not dilated or anything or a combo of both :shrug: Next appointment is in a week and OH will get to join me. He's anxious and said he will have a lot of questions for the doctor. I got in bed last night and OH was pawing at me, which was odd because he hasn't been very playful or initiative of fooling around as of late but made me feel good he was interested. Then he told me I'd feel really good... and start contracting more to help the baby come sooner :growlmad: :dohh: Ugh! So that's his motive! Men, I swear... :rofl:

Hi Ladies,

Just introducing myself here as I am due to be induced on the 17th August, my original due date was 23rd but due to developing gestational diabetes they're not allowing me to go full term.

Good Luck Kylas on your induction I hope that all goes smoothly for you and look forward to hearing about the birth of your little one. :D Also good luck with all you lovely ladies that are due to give birth this month :happydance:

Id be honored to join the August Firefly's FB page, so I have followed instructions and messaged you lovely ladies. :)

Greats I had jaundice as a baby and my mom did what Maggs suggested and put me in a window. Maybe that's why I like being in the sun so much? Haha. She's a beautiful baby by the way.

Welcome mummy2b88.

After 4 hours on the epidural I've gone from 2cm and 80% effaced to 7cm 100% effaced!!

Many many congrats greats and wish u all the luck Kyla's omg I can't believe we all reaching our due dates soon and some of us already had or having a baby lots f mixed feelings here!!!

Congrats, greats!!!

Kylas, keep it up, girl! Can't wait to hear about another little one here!

MamaBunny...sorry, but that's cracking me up! Darn men! :rofl:

Poppie, relaxing sounds like a perfectly fine plan!

Welcome, mummy2b.

And still managing to update Kyla! Well done you! :haha: I could manage nothing at that stage of the game.

Welcome Mummy2b!

Keep it up Kyla!

Yeah honestly you guys most likely won't be hearing from me until after Oliver is born. Sorry.... My family won't even know haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->