- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Thank you, Wunna!! I hit some resistance with my family at first, but they have completely warmed up to it now.

She will be Rylan Olivia. We picked a non family related middle name because everyone wanted their name put in there somehow and we didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings!

We don't have much names to go by if we think about family names because a lot of people in both our families have the same names.

DH's father is David, his brother is David and his nephew is David
DH's other nephew is Deon, DH's sister-in-law has a brother Deon, my dad is Deon and my sister's fiancé is Deon as well :dohh:
So family names are kind of out :haha:

I'm still working on DH with his 2nd name being baby's name, Daniel :cloud9:

AAAARRGGGH :wohoo:
I found a place close to my mom who does 4D Scans with a CD and lots of perks.

I'm going for one when I'm 30w5d 23 April :dance:
It's the day before my sister's wedding so I'll be there and it wont be extra fuel expenses because we'll be there anyway.
BONUS: My mom offered to pay half the scan price so I'll be able to easily afford it. My mom, DH and I will go for a 4D scan!!!! I cannot wait anymore and the testimonials that this lady has on her website are out of this world amazing!!!!

Lets all go crazy!!!!!! I just gave myself another count down :rofl:

Ohh I didn't even think of asking you ladies about names! Me and oh have had our list of names ever since I was pregnant with my first. He ended up being called Kian Liam Daly (Liam being after oh's little cousin who was really like a brother tbh, who passed about the time I actually fell pregnant with Kian) our other boys name (what this one would have been called if she was a boy :haha: ) woild have been Caleb Micheal Daly (Micheal being after oh's father who passed when he was two) as you can see there is a pattern here for the Middle names being after special family members <3
And onto our girls names! :happydance: we originally had three "Lily, Ella and Mia" I did have my heart set on Mia tbh (Mia Fiona Daly "Fiona" after my Mum) but my friend recently had a baby and ned her Mia :dohh: So that leaves us with Ella and Lily! Atm I love love LOVE Lily the best but that may change as time goes by :haha: so atm this little princess will be named Lily Mairi Daly <3 "Mairi" being after my great granny, who I actually never got to meet but she made such an impression on my Mum that my Mum (who never named any of the rest of is after anyone haha) named my little sister "Mairi Clare" after her :) so Lily will also be named after her auntie as well and carrying the name to a third generation :flower:

Ps sorry if I am double posting :dohh: I'm having to use mobile signal just now and it's really poor :dohh:

Yayyyy for the 4d scan wunna!! I'm going to book one of the HD ones about 30weeks. So excited x

Lovely names Sarah x

So exciting to have it booked. I mentioned on my journal earlier that had it not been for this place being where it is and my mom helping to pay I would not have had a 4D Scan.
So I'm really feeling very happy with having found this.

Plus my SIL just let me know she does not want me doing any arrangements for my 1st baby shower next month. She is going to do it for me :dance:
Just a quick recap on the baby shower thing, I live 3 hours away from my closest family and friends. Going to them in March for my sister's kitchen tea which is on a Saterday and baby shower the Sunday so that I can have time with my friends and family too.

I'll have a 2nd baby shower probably in May where I live for my friends and co-workers here :D

Just incase anyone was wondering why I'm having so many... that's just how I roll :rofl:

Hahaha I don't blame u, I'm tempted to throw one for the puppy and then for baby, it's all about the free stuff haha!

Aww sounds lovely that your getting to spend some time with family, hope you have a wonderful time xx

That's the best way to save money!

I'd have one too but I have nobody to invite :haha: :dohh: (bar family)

Thanks ladies :D

The gifts are def a bonus as I can use all the extra help I can get :D

I feel 20 months pregnant on the couch! I made a big pot of lamb curry enough for 2 evenings and then DH and I polished the whole pot :dohh:

Are you writing a list of things which you need, or having everybody buy whatever they choose to?

Some people find it cheeky, but I personally don't. As after all closer family/friends can chip in together for the expensive bits on the list.

I made a list of things I need to get but it doesn't seem that much stuff compared to when I had DD1. I'm not going brand new for everything this time either and buying from eBay/FB selling groups.

Probably have everything ready for hospital bags before the essentials for baby :haha:

I have the big stuff for the nursery so that's fine. I need clothes, diapers, blankets and toiletries. So for my 1st shower I'll let them buyt what they want and then I can see what I have and still need. For 2nd shower I can then do a list.

I don't think of it as being cheecky either. I mean if everyone buys the same size clothing as you already have stuff will go wasted. If they want to buy rather buy things that are needed :D

It's completely expected here to go to a store and start a registry for your shower. I have started one at a baby store and then at a closer department store so people have options of where they go.

I've heard of registries but not sure how common they arte in South Africa and whether stores do them or not...

I've actually never been to a bridal or babyshower where we were told about a registry.

I'm over the moon to announce we are having a son and identical twin daughters!

Ah wow Jo :dance: That is wonderful news!! Huge congrats!!!!!!

You should be allowed 3 baby showers :D one for each.

So happy for you :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->