- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Thanks for the idea, Sarah.... how much time do you have :haha:

I'm excited for all of those 1st moments because this is my 1st baby
- Seeing him for the 1st time
- Seeing DH's face when he lays eyes on his baby boy
- 1st breastfeed, cuddle, what baby smells like basically all those 1st moments that I'll get to experience
OMG I'm so excited now and if somebody should walk into reception now they'll see a goof infront of a pc with a silly smile on her face :D

I agree with being able to sleep on my tummy, not waking up to wee, being able to drink/eat certain things without throwing up are things I wont miss about being pregnant.

I will however miss the attention and care like "don't bend like that" "don't lift that" :haha: I'll also miss my bump and feeling baby move from the inside :D

Here's my 23 Weeks Bump Photos:

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/23WBumps_zpsd74b1e2e.jpg

For Comparison: 18 vs. 23 Weeks

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/18vs23Weeks_zps7d07963d.jpg

As I'll be having a private scan next week for DD's sake and my birthday present, I was hoping for a 3D/4D but I'll only be coming up to 24 weeks. The place recommends that I was 28+ weeks for a more advantaged scan and experience? Would it still be worth going in for the 3D/4D for £110 or should I just get the 2D for £50?

I'd do the 3d/4d you will still get fantastic pictures.
They can be done from 16 weeks. My friend had one about then and pics were still out of this world.
What ever you pic I hope you and DD have a fabulous time x

Mdscpa: Ohh I love your bump :cloud9:
Always looks great, wish mine looked like that

I agree with Pink on having a 3D/4D scan. Especially if this is going to be the only one that you'll get during the pregnancy.

Is anyone else planning on breast feeding? I didn't manage very long with my first which I was really gutted about tbh so fingers crossed I will manage longer this time! :thumbup: my question is has anyone looked up or even bought any breastfeeding wraps? Or even used one before? I'm wanting to buy one as one of the issues I had when I was feeding Kian was that I was very self conscious feeding him around anyone other then family so I was hoping that a sling would really benefit me for covering up a bit and also it would be super handy to use while doing daily things if baby wasn't settling on her own :thumbup: Now I've seen a few at about £20 is that a decent price for one or is it too cheap and it will be shitty? :dohh: because it would be a perfect price for me tbh as we are on a tight budget this time round! :dohh: :haha:

As I'll be having a private scan next week for DD's sake and my birthday present, I was hoping for a 3D/4D but I'll only be coming up to 24 weeks. The place recommends that I was 28+ weeks for a more advantaged scan and experience? Would it still be worth going in for the 3D/4D for £110 or should I just get the 2D for £50?

I actually went last Saturday and baby was in a bad position. I told her I didn't care the position because I was actually there to mainly see his fingers and toes clearer. Anywho his legs were over his head and I told her I wouodnt even mind that picture at all.she didn't even take it. All she kept doing was trying to get the face that was obviously covered and kept complaining I was too early. I told her I had a 3d scan at 17 weeks that turned out awesome and others after. Even my pregnancy ap has 3d images from 7weeks and up. Even if it's for the experience and to see what it looks like at that stage is my business and if I'm happy with it then fine. Granted at 17 weeks he wasn't as full as he is now but it was a nice experience. So everytime they tell me I'm too early I say I don't care because I have gotten great images earlier than this.

The one I went to last week was ran out of this woman's home -website was deceiving. Horrible quality and she tried to blame it on me. As long as it's a trustworthy place, it shouldn't matter how many weeks u are. We are smart women and know it's not going to look at if the baby is 30 weeks old. Gl and have fun

I had mine at 21weeks and the pictures came out great.... We're planning to have another one probably at 30 weeks....

I'd do the 3d/4d you will still get fantastic pictures.
They can be done from 16 weeks. My friend had one about then and pics were still out of this world.
What ever you pic I hope you and DD have a fabulous time x

Mdscpa: Ohh I love your bump :cloud9:
Always looks great, wish mine looked like that

Thanks pink.... I'm sure your bump is as awesome as everybody else.... :hugs:

Now team blue is ahead :dance:

Nila, thanks. I did a couple of nights ago. So far its not frequent....

go team blue :p 39 voters and i only see about 5-8 posters lol

thats good that its not frequent. i feel like i walk like im 40 weeks pregnant sometimes like leaning back lol.

any of you ladies hold your stomach while walking in public? after i eat, i have this huge bloat up top and my hands are always on it lol. its not like a beer belly on a guy with his hands rested on his stomach like a table though (just yet)

Urgh midnight strikes and I get a beating on the inside. I tried the flashlight game with her a few nights ago and she wasn't too pleased with it. Kept rolling and sinking into my back everytime I shined it on my belly.

Urgh midnight strikes and I get a beating on the inside. I tried the flashlight game with her a few nights ago and she wasn't too pleased with it. Kept rolling and sinking into my back everytime I shined it on my belly.

Lol at a beating. I've never heard of the flashlight method before.it's supposed to keep them calm or something? Interesting. Does ur baby hate it when ur in a certain position? Mine always hits ultrasound probes and hates when I'm laying on my right side. I say aww please baby let mommy be comfy for a little bit. When I move to my left side or my back(calmest) he stops.

I breastfed my first two until 14 and 16 months. I wear a tight one size fits all tank top under my shirts that way I can lift my daily shirt and lower the under short and you really can't see much at all. Wear and nursing hasn't been easy for me but my breasts are pretty large. (DD+). I have to have a kid with decent head control before I can nurse while wearing.

I am def planning on breastfeeding. I've said so far that I want natural birth but if C-section happens because it is safer for baby I will accept it. I will however not be able to live with it if I cannot breast feed my baby.
I goolged images of wraps to see what they were and I would like one but I think I'll manage without it as money is tight. Will just throw a blanket over us IF I was in public and had to feed.

I've luckily not had any backache problems so far. I do however struggle to get off the couch because I feel baby very low down and he is constantly there. So leaning forward is a bit uncomfy to me. I haven't held my belly yet while walking but I'm sure it too will come.

I am so going to buy a flashlight now! I read another lady doing it and I swore I would try as well but flashlight at home is broken :haha: New one for a new game sounds in order to me!

go team blue :p 39 voters and i only see about 5-8 posters lol

thats good that its not frequent. i feel like i walk like im 40 weeks pregnant sometimes like leaning back lol.

any of you ladies hold your stomach while walking in public? after i eat, i have this huge bloat up top and my hands are always on it lol. its not like a beer belly on a guy with his hands rested on his stomach like a table though (just yet)

With both my pregnancys as soon as I found out (and obviously never had a bump then) but it was just automatic for me to hold my tummy and rub it etc :haha: I never even noticed I was doing it at first with my first pregnancy :haha: it was my mum that pointed it out saying how sweet she thought it was and the way I was doing it looked so protective and loving <3 haha

Lol at a beating. I've never heard of the flashlight method before.it's supposed to keep them calm or something? Interesting. Does ur baby hate it when ur in a certain position? Mine always hits ultrasound probes and hates when I'm laying on my right side. I say aww please baby let mommy be comfy for a little bit. When I move to my left side or my back(calmest) he stops.

Although it's nice to feel, it does get frustrating as I can't lay any different than on my back when she moves. Some use it to get baby moving as they respond to the light (it's like us closing our eyes while looking at the sun) and they follow where ever the light shines and kick or hit the area. Haha bless him, mine moves all the more when I lay on either of my sides unless of course she is sleeping, but so comfortable laying on my left. 7am (uterus contract), 4pm and 12am are regular wake-up times for her.

Any other plus size pregnant ladies here? If so have any of yous had to have an extra growth scan? I am more then happy to get to see my wee bubba again on a scan tbh :happydance: but my midwife ( yes the one if any of yous remeber was rather neglectful and I ended up in hospital partly due to lack of care :S ) she's really confusing me the little times I actually get to hear from her... :dohh:

A couple of months back she told me that I would need an extra growth scan due to the seveere hyperemesis I had (this was after the hospital I was sent to I think had a few harsh words for her for her neglecting me and letting me get into the state I ended up in before, after months of not being able to hold down food or water at all and collapsing several times , she finally decided to send me to hospital) anyways that was that and I was like okay fair enough I would love another scan! :haha:

Then about a month or so ago .. Well the last time I seen her tbh she went and told me again that I needed an extra growth scan (like she had forgotten she had told me in the first place or something) and she said this time it was because my first born was very small when he was born... Now I know Kian was pretty tiny when he was born tbh but at 6.15 that's almoast 7pounds and the fact that absolutely no one when I was pregnant or after he was born (midwifes , heathvisitors etc) never ever mentioned that he was small at all... And I honnestly think yeah he was little but not worryingly little in no way at all.. Just idk :haha: it's like she totaly dismissed the first explanation she gave for me getting another scan like she never even said it or something ...? but fair enough like I said I was excited to get to see this little one in a scan again!

Now today she has confused me even more... :dohh: she phoned me today to change an appointment I have for Monday to a different location .. Anyways while on the phone I just mentioned how my 2nd scan went (which she was supposed to be at but missed) and that the sonographer said that baby looked perfect and a great size etc etc and that I mentioned to him about how I was having an extra scan at 28 weeks and how he responded with how he didn't think it was necessary as the baby was measuring perfect and no problems or anything detected etc etc and she responded to me with well the sonographer doesn't know your history ect and he's just a sonographer .. ? And that I was getting this extra scan because I started off the pregnancy plus size (higher bmi then average) and that when she will start to measure my bump it won't be accurate because I'm plus size... Now tbh that last explanation makes more sense to me completely then the previous two have! But surely the sonographer has a decent knowlage of pregnancy! :haha: and clearly has eyes! So he would be able to see that I am plus size and would know that if it was because of that alone I would need an extra scan?? But again she acted as if she had never ever given the first two explanations and totaly bypassed it when I commented on it... :dohh:

I'm just left totaly confused :dohh: I really can't wait to see my little girl again but at the same time (my little worrier tucked away inside my head :dohh: :haha: ) is like why does she seem to be tip toeing around and giving me lots of different explanations for an extra scan? It almoast seems as if she is hiding the real reason or something?? < I think that is me just thinking like a worrier tbh haha but still wtf!? It's either that or she just doesn't have a clue what she is saying half the time by forgetting she's told me one thing one time and then a completely different thing the next time!? :dohh: I'm going to try shut up that worrying voice in my head though the best I can! As the two different sonographers ive had with each of my scans have said baby looks healthy :thumbup: it's just a midwife shouldn't be behaving this way in my eyes? I mean saying a bunch of different shit and confusing and worrying a pregnant woman for no reason at all apart from her stupidity.. :haha: is that too harsh :haha: Or is it just me?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->