- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Aw jealous! I have 12 weeks as my c section is at 38 weeks but 12 weeks feels like forever! 84 days and counting lol!

why at 38 and not 37? and what is the reason they want u to deliver early?

I have a problem with my heart when I'm pregnant I get severe palpitations, I also have bipolar and my meds will need increasing as soon as he's born so they deliver early to get me back on my meds as as a precaution for my heart as it gets really bad in the last few weeks x

Aww miley mamma what an awful stress that must be!!
How have you found coping not being on ur meds?
I've been told in the past I'm bi polar but it was never put into my records so I'm off to see a psychiatrist tomorrow to hopefully get it sorted!! Not looking forward to it tho, always feel like there on my case and trying to make me out to be a liar, had CBT at one point but I flipped out a few times!!

Hope every thing goes well for you and little bub

Aw jealous! I have 12 weeks as my c section is at 38 weeks but 12 weeks feels like forever! 84 days and counting lol!

why at 38 and not 37? and what is the reason they want u to deliver early?

I have a problem with my heart when I'm pregnant I get severe palpitations, I also have bipolar and my meds will need increasing as soon as he's born so they deliver early to get me back on my meds as as a precaution for my heart as it gets really bad in the last few weeks x

thanks for responding and I hope all goes well with u no ur scheduled day. r u gonna have a csection as well? if so , how was recovery for u? if not, nvm

i hope all things go well at ur appt tomorrow as well pink. gosh. the more i hear about wat pregnant women go through, its amazing how much we can handle and how much we go through. Men sometimes truly dont understand . wow

Nillabean: yeah tell me about it. My OH thinks he's hard done by because his tattoo is sore!!
And I couldn't bring my self to get up with the puppy at 7am this morning so he had too!! Pffft men!! Seriously haha!!

I swear men might just keal over and peg if they had to be pregnant! :rofl: We are all a lot stronger than we give ourselves credit for!

Sure we get rough days but by the end of it all we'll have our babies and that is nothing short of a miracle formed in our bodies :D

Really struggling to keep up with this thread on my phone :haha:

I had another scan at 28+2 yesterday and then an appt. with my consultant and it's made me a little bit nervous as ultrasound tech and consultant both said baby is measuring really big - the measurements according to ultrasound all came out at those expected around 31+2/31+3 and I took a look at my personalised growth chart after appt. and they're already estimating baby's weight close to 4lbs :saywhat:

The consultant kept reiterating that baby will be big and that there is a possibility we may have to look at a planned c-section later on but for now he's hopeful that I'll be able to have a natural delivery :dohh: I've been really really nervous about the birth anyway so I'm not finding any of that very reassuring :nope: I was originally scheduled for another scan at 34 weeks but the consultant doesn't feel it's necessary, so that's been cancelled and I've just got a regular appt. at about 36.5 weeks but he said he may request a scan then depending on growth, baby presentation etc just to check things over.

We did ask the ultrasound technician if she could double check gender too - they couldn't see on our anatomy scan at 20 weeks and we had a rescan at 22 weeks and she said she was only about 70-80% sure it was a boy. The ultrasound technician this time initially said girl :)dohh:) but after about 10 minutes of looking she did change her mind and say she thought she might actually see the scrotum but it was like a rear shot of baby between tucked up and crossed legs (pretty much the same as last time) so it was hard to be sure. She was even less confident than the last ultrasound tech. Baby's pretty much been curled in a ball at every scan we've had after the 12 week one.

I had a GTT done too, so I'm just awaiting the results of that as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3894.jpg
    IMG_3894.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 3
wow kit. some story... were u planning a natural birth with no meds? that must be hard to grasp if they are now talking about csection. glad your baby is healthy though. wow amazing 4 lbs. i hope all goes well in the end and u get whats best for you and baby

i cant believe u still dont know the gender. sorry about that. in the beginning of my pregnancy my baby would be in the almost the same exact position as that. are u gonna do 3d pics?

on a side note, why is everyone recommending coffee to me? sorry, the position of ur baby made me think of what people have said to me to get my baby to move. especialy with them knowing my risks already.. anywho a nurse told me to go to starbucks at the old hospital and drink up some coffee to get the baby to move. another told me to have an espresso shot or something like that. I dont even drink coffee to begin with, but i read that caffeine was not good for pregnancy. Imagine if I did just go along with it and the dodo birds didnt even tell me. oh just have a tiny bit, because you can only have a certain amount of oz...

next.. is everyone feeling kicks now? and are we all seeing baby move from the outside now? are we all not able to sleep on our sides comfortably because baby kicks you? No mater what side i try to lay on, my little one either kicks or punches the side im going to. it can be a matterr of 5 seconds, so im pretty sure instead of the kicks, he then uses his hands and arms. so stubborn. so im left to lay on my back which is most uncomfy for me :dohh:

Nilla: I can't move, eat, drink or use the bathroom with out being kicked let alone when I lie down haha!
She's just gone nuts recently. OH felt from the outside last week and my mum and dad are waiting to be able to feel xx

wow kit. some story... were u planning a natural birth with no meds? that must be hard to grasp if they are now talking about csection. glad your baby is healthy though. wow amazing 4 lbs. i hope all goes well in the end and u get whats best for you and baby

i cant believe u still dont know the gender. sorry about that. in the beginning of my pregnancy my baby would be in the almost the same exact position as that. are u gonna do 3d pics?

I was hoping to have a vaginal birth with gas and air, but I'm a bit of a wimp with pain so I suppose I'd have to wait until I was actually in labour to make a decision about epidural and things. It's my first so I'm not sure what to expect really. I'd prefer not to have an epidural in an ideal world, but if baby really is going to big then I'm thinking gas and air may not be enough :blush:

I don't think we're going to do a 3D Scan, DH really doesn't like the them and says knowing the gender and what it looks like in the face etc before the birth ruins all the surprise :haha: We compromised on the gender because I really wanted to know (not that we're 100% sure anyway) but agreed not to have an extra 3D Scan.

It is really frustrating for me not being sure of the gender - I'm happy either way and just want a healthy baby, but I did want to know earlier because I think it'd make it easier for me to bond with bump if I could start calling it by our intended name. Also, after the scan at 22 weeks we bought quite a few baby boy clothes so now I'm worried they won't be right :blush:

on a side note, why is everyone recommending coffee to me? sorry, the position of ur baby made me think of what people have said to me to get my baby to move. especialy with them knowing my risks already.. anywho a nurse told me to go to starbucks at the old hospital and drink up some coffee to get the baby to move. another told me to have an espresso shot or something like that. I dont even drink coffee to begin with, but i read that caffeine was not good for pregnancy. Imagine if I did just go along with it and the dodo birds didnt even tell me. oh just have a tiny bit, because you can only have a certain amount of oz...

next.. is everyone feeling kicks now? and are we all seeing baby move from the outside now? are we all not able to sleep on our sides comfortably because baby kicks you? No mater what side i try to lay on, my little one either kicks or punches the side im going to. it can be a matterr of 5 seconds, so im pretty sure instead of the kicks, he then uses his hands and arms. so stubborn. so im left to lay on my back which is most uncomfy for me :dohh:

Not sure why people are recommending coffee really, I know our guidelines in the UK say can have a certain mg of caffeine each day but it all adds up when you think about coffee, fizzy pop, chocolate etc. If you have other risks though it might not be right for you.

I have the same problem with baby sleeping through scans though - baby was super active at the 12 week scan and wriggling around and waving at us, but at every scan since he/she has been fast asleep and refusing to budge.

At my 22 week scan when baby wouldn't co-operate the ultrasound tech
told me to go drink a bottle of lucozade and eat a bit of chocolate and it worked a bit - baby did wake up and stretch a bit, but was still in a rubbish position. At my 28 week scan yesterday, I'd just had a bottle of lucozade about 10-15 min before scan as I was in middle of a glucose tolerance test and baby slept all the way through scan :haha:

I'm feeling baby kick and occasionally see a twitch in my stomach if it's a particularly hard kick, but DH still says he can't feel it - he's just too impatient to sit with his hand on my tummy long enough to feel a good kick I think :haha: I definitely feel baby kicking at night but at the minute I'm still sleeping on my side with a pregnancy pillow.

My belly is always ALWAYS moving weird because of the baby. She moves so much I spend a good amount of time nauseous now lol. Motion sick from the inside.

As far as wanting an epidural or not, if you don't want one try to tell yourself that because I knew I didn't want one with my second dd. I KNEW but I still asked! Lol 10cm dilated and I still asked. And size- babies can be so off of what they measure with the ultrasound machine. My favorite was when my midwife with my first grabbed my belly and felt baby and said "she is about 7lbs right now" and not quite 3 weeks later she was born weighing 8lbs :)

My bump pic. I will be 29 weeks Monday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 5
And because I look haggard in this morning picture and my phone only lets me post one picture per post, here is one of me and my girls.

And just noticed it is upside down. Silly phone! Sorry!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 4
Yayyyy bump!!
I'm such a bump perv haha

Well docs appointment wasn't great, I hate talking about what gets me going because it sounds so daft as it's coming out of my mouth but I just can't help it!
Got a definitive diagnosis of Bi Polar and also OCD. Thinks I also need help with anxiety and my aggression!!
Hoping some sort of therapy will help as I'm not prepared to start some new meds

What is it? Gonna sound daft but I have really bad hey fever, would it not make me a horrible snotty weezy mess haha

ive never heard of gas an air hmm. what is the difference in the way it makes you feel? All i can think of is lauging gas lol.

pink. awesome you get to feel the baby move so much. I dont really feel him during the day its literally only when hes being bothered or i lay on my sides lol.

cute pics miss fox

im gla u went to get checked out pink. how could they tell by one meeting that you were bi polar? are they going to start putting you on any medications now? I hope all goes well with you though.

when they told me to see a psychiatrist in the beginning of pregnancy because they said i was too depressed and having too many anxiety attacks. I told them they were they crazy ones for acting like my feelings were abnormal. Im sure any woman waiting for 2 months for a dead baby to come out of her would be miserable. And then asking me if I wanted the pregnancy. Of cuorse I wouldnt want something inside of me that they led me to believe would be coming out of me soon. It still is hard and gets hard especially with everything else going on, but I think with time, things will get better.

hope they get better for you pink and at least you feel better with the help they provide :)

I'm baaack! :haha: :hi:

I will try and catch up at somepoint! Most likely pages to catch up on :dohh:
Hope everyone is doing well :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe