2016 Snowflakes!! (Nov/Dec Rainbows)

Here is a picture of our little "hot dog" (it turns out he meant the shape of my uterus not our baby, but my little sister who is home with her first baby the last month said "lil lil melted gummy bear". Apparently we're not leaving the junk food references. I'm also including the blood stain on my cotton after blood work because it's heart shaped! <3

And yes yes yes, I analyze everything and worry when I don't feel symptoms. I find myself pushing on my boobs to make sure they're still tender all throughout the day, and then I'm starving and falling asleep on my drive home from school and remember those are definitely not my typical feelings at 4:00pm. :)

Beautiful scan! How exciting!

Hello ladies. My name is Holly and i am new here to B&B.
I recently just found out that I'm pregnant again with no cycle in between my D&C.:)
i am 20 years old and my boyfriend and i have been trying for our rainbow baby since June of last year( when we had our first miscarriage at 4 weeks and 2 days). to our delight we found out we were pregnant again in November of last year only for it to end in another miscarriage at 5 weeks.
My Dr. at that point went ahead and ordered all types of blood work that came back negative and decided that she wanted to go ahead and do a D&C and hysterscopy to make sure that everything was going ok in my uterus and that there was nothing preventing a healthy pregnancy. seeing as i have a 4 year old daughter. Well it turned out that i had a rather large benign polyp in my ovary that my dr. thinks was preventing implantation, and that i now have a completely happy,healthy uterus. As soon as i found out i was pregnant i called my dr whom started me on progesterone suppositories, 100MG once a day vaginally at bed time .( they look like little red BB's that give you awful salmon colored discharge through out the morning. Though that has been giving me a heart attack i know its just the coating of the progesterone pill and try not to worry.. otherwise id say this pregnancy is progressing smoothly. i really don't have any symptoms other than sore boobies, slight off and on nausea and constant exhaustion.i am 7+3 today which is the farthest i have ever made it except for my very first pregnancy(my daughter). i am trying to stay optimistic but its super hard because i am afraid to get attached because im afraid miscarriage is going to happen again.

Congratulations! And welcome! I hear you about the fear, I feel the same. I feel like I haven't been thinking about being pregnant, like actually, because I'm afraid too. *hugs* Try to be positive and not to worry too much!

So I've finally got my scan appointment at the EPU for next Tuesday at 6+1. Fortunately it's at 9:30 so I won't have to wait all day. Feeling nervous and scared but maybe I'll feel better come Tuesday if all is well with baby. I've had a bit of nausea the last couple of days which feels horrible but is sort of reassuring.

I'm feeling super impatient for my scan as well! Especially because mine got pushed back a week to April 4th! I mean, it's not super far, but feels like ages away.

I've been admitted to the hospital. I woke up at 4AM to chest pain, dizziness and vomiting. My BP was 169/112 so my husband rushed me to the ER. After several hours of failed pain medications, Zofran, an ultrasound and several consults. The results came back with gestational hypertension and a very large gallbladder stone in my duct. I MUST have surgery. Right now we are attempting to control the situation with pain meds and antibiotics so I will be in the hospital overnight to be monitored. If this plan works, the surgery will be held off as long as it can, hopefully until the second trimester. If it's not, then I will likely have surgery tomorrow or the day after. :cry:

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared but if I don't have the surgery then I could go into sepsis. Right now we're really hoping that the antibiotic route will work as this will allow us to delay the surgery until I am in a more stable and secure stage in my pregnancy.

Praying for your speedy recovery! I hope you and little bean come out of this safely! *hugs*

Oh Navy! I'm so sorry I just logged in. All of my good thoughts and wishes are with you and your husband. I hope they have the best plan for you and keep you and Baby safe. <3

Ugh, is anyone else feeling exhausted? I'm so tired today, but I have no time for a nap. I have my part time job tonight from 6-8:30, it's going to be a tough shift! *yawn*

Things were looking up today until late this afternoon. I had another episode and my BP skyrocketed to 169/98 so they've taken me off all food and water and are watching me tonight again and assessing me tomorrow to see if I need surgery. I am terrified because since I'm not even 6 weeks and already a high risk pregnancy patient our surgeon told us point blank that if we had to go through with the surgery that there was a 1 in 3 chance of a major complication (such as miscarriage, congenital defects of the heart or brain or still birth later in the pregnancy). If we can some how manage to make it to the 2nd trimester then the chamces goto 1 in 8. Ideally we wanted to make it to at least 35 weeks and deliver the baby and do the surgery after the delivery bit right now we don't know if we're going to make it that far and I've done nothing but cry the past few hours.

I sending love and prayers your way, Navy <3

Was finally allowed up walk but I had to take my IV pole with mw.

received_1417039411646674.jpg

Procedure is probably going to be Monday. I'm not getting better. My two choices are a stent or complete removal. Both have pros and cons but either way there is about a 1 in 3 chance of either losing the baby or a severe complication in the pregnancy. I'm likely staying in the hospital until Monday.

A stent is likely not possible since I would have to have it for 8+ weeks and we will likely move before it's time for it to come out and I may not get a Dr in P'cola who has experience for this surgery in pregnant women in time.

Both surgeons told us that our chances of a loss or severe complication are about 1 in 3 due to how early in the pregnancy it is, my high blood pressure and already being a high risk pregnancy to begin with.

I don't even know what to think anymore. Everytime we get pregnant, something happens. I can't go through another loss, not again. I'm so tired and I just want to give up. I don't know what to do anymore.

I took a turn for the better last night, thankfully (!), and I will be getting to go home tomorrow if nothing happens!

The Dr also did a beta just as a check on it and said he wanted it about 6,500 or so to be nice and normal. It came back at 8,732! According to the calculators, it's still doubling every 48 hours verses the normal 72-96 hours it usually takes after reaching 1200+!! So I'm very hopeful about my US on Wed!

Well I'm so glad to hear that Navy! Thank goodness your numbers are still rising, and I hope you are able to stay comfortable through this pregnancy. :)

Thank you hmmohrma!

How is everyone else doing? Appts scheduled? Symptom spotting? Going though names? Nursery ideas?

It is 5:37am in Virginia. I'm sitting on a plane, grounded due to fog, and I'm getting thirsty and going to have to use the bathroom soon. This is also my first flight by myself, so I'm already a little nervous. And the girl sitting next to me has perfume on that it making me nauseous.

Symptoms - my boobs are still pretty sore to the touch, and DH and I noticed hardish spots in the tissue over my nipples.

Nursery - we painted the room grey a couple months ago (while we were wtt), painted the moldings and doors white, and replaced the sockets and light switches with fresh white ones. Our house was built in 1965, so we've been going room my room to update it a bit. We're basically waiting to find out the gender to pick out curtains. I have furniture (that's been in our shed because I didn't want to jinx anything by setting it up too early....ha!) for about 2 years. It came from my in laws.

Well, hopefully o don't miss my changeover in North Carolina!

This has been quite a traveling day. I missed my change over (the one they switched me to after the original delay), and now I'm waiting 4 hours for the one they could get me on. I'm about to enjoy a nice salad with chicken with my soda water and lime....lol...I'm sitting at a bar at the airport. I figured I'd at least have a mock tail.

Glad to hear you are doing better, Navy. Long may that continue!

Today I had my scan. For the first time I didn't need an internal and we were able to see everything on the external - including the flickering heartbeat which the midwife said was nice and strong. I was measuring six weeks which is perfect as by my LMP I am 6+1 so right on schedule there! I've got another appointment scheduled for the 8th of April when I'll be about 7+3/4 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good news again then.

Reconsidering waiting until 12 weeks to tell people though. I think the closer I get to the time I lost the MMC the more scared and need of support I will be. Plus, I'm definitely suffering on the morning sickness front a lot more this time around. I don't know that it'll be easy to hide much longer! I don't know yet, really need to weigh up the pros and cons of telling people.

Here is my blurry scan photo. It's early days so you can't see much but I certainly could see it clearer on the screen. Sharing anyway.

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/dibdabdebs/29%20March_zpsj0dn3qbv.jpg

Beautiful scan, Lyn!!!! Makes me so excited for mine tomorrow!

That's great Lyn. I can't believe they could do an external scan so early. That's amazing.

Hi everyone!
May I please join this group?
I am currently 5+2 ...should be due November 28th as long as my little muffin sticks!!
Monday I got blood drawn my level was at 2,900..my progesterone was 15. When I saw the number I thought it was really low for 5 weeks so I got super paranoid and nervous.
I had a miscarriage back in October, when I got my BFP on March 20th we were SO excited and shocked.

I have a 7 week appointment booked on April 19th and I am so nervous about it already.
My symptoms have been as follows and I feel like they come and go sometimes besides my boobs being really sore. I have been gassy, slightly nauseous, but not all the time, sometimes I am extremely exhausted than other times i'm not. I have been having very very slight cramping which scared me a bit but I read it is normal as long as its not severe, I had light brown spotting and sometimes super light pink but haven't had any recently. I been having this pinching type feeling only on my right side by my pelvis right near my hip bone that scared me too. In the very beginning I had a heightened sense of smell but I feel like that kind of disappeared.
I keep trying to keep myself distracted and not to concentrate on my symptoms that much. I just can't help it sometimes but to wonder if my little muffin is going to make it :/ some days are easier than others..
Best of luck to everyone hoping and praying for sticky beans !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->