2021 Christmas Countdown - 1 day to go!!!

Just finished the xmas shopping for my kids :dance:
Was going to come back and say "I'm done!", with the exception of the secret santa gift I have to buy for my sil, but then I remembered I still have to buy 2 hampers for dh's niece and nephew, and then I remembered I still have to buy for my parents (from my kids).... and hubby, and I really hope that's all because it just feels never ending! :brat:

And I need to do a ton of baking because i want to send cookies to school tomorrow for Dylan's teacher and class assistant, and for the guy that opens the gate at Logan's school (Dylan greets him with such enthusiasm every morning and afternoon I feel he needs something), and I kind of want to bake for the dustbin truck guys that will come this Friday as well. I wanted to make up sweet hampers or something (not sure I can manage to give financially), but not sure I'll get around to that, so I figured a nice bag of homebaked cookies each would at least be something. [Dylan loves garbage trucks so much that we follow them around every Friday and he's become quite a favourite with the guys that empty the bins so I want to give them something to show our appreciation].

And then i'll get my food contribution for xmas eve probably the day before (so next thurs) because it's mostly lot's of fresh berries etc (I'm making a pavlova), so I can't buy that ahead of time. I already bought the veggie crisps so at least that's taken care of. Haven't even thought about xmas day yet but that will likely be a braai. I'll probably let dh take care of that.

You know Christmas is just around the corner when the last week of term is manic, at least one child is unwell and you haven't wrapped all the presents. Oh and the threat of covid restrictions...again!

Trying to remain calm and positive but still sooooo much to do. x

There's just so much isn't there? I only have 2 gift cards and 1 game left to buy for the boys and was thinking that was me done, then remembered DH and I decided we would buy for each other after all so I've still got to buy for him :dohh:
I planned to start wrapping today then DH told me we need a bunch of stuff that can't wait until our normal shopping on Friday so I've had to go out and get that. I did find the gift card for ds1 that I've been struggling to get hold of, but I ended up losing most of the day. I'm still waiting for the train home now. I guess that'll wait until tomorrow now.

There is a lot to do. I'm working most days too so I'm feeling quite pushed for time. Everything is wrapped but we still need to get Terry's mum a present and write some cards back to people I had forgotten who've sent us one.

Every time I think I've got a hold on it I remember something else.

Same here. Dd1 jaut mentioned a dress for Christmas day. We've never really dressed up but she said she would like something new to wear arghhh

Also, I just remembered the Christmas PJs my sister ordered from studio haven't arrived yet! I bet they're out of stock and they just haven't informed her. So now ee need Xmas eve PJs. Tempted to get normal ones rather thay Christmassy ones now.

It just feels like a bottomless pit at times. Starts off feeling so manageable and like I'm so on top of things, and then you start remembering "and this one, and that one, and that things" and it just feels like it never ends.

Whoo DD2 test is negative so she's back to school. My boss also said to WFH this week so I can get my wrapping finished. Feeling quite happy this morning \\:D/

Presents all wrapped!

Forgot about stocking so moved a few things around. All I need now is:
Sweet Tubes
Millions (sweets)
1 x stocking filler (blinds bag or something)
Possible dress for DD1

Managed to wrap a few more gifts this evening.
So now my brother's two kids' gifts are wrapped and ready, and of my cousin's kids, two of the three are wrapped and ready. The third I want to try and find a big reese's chocolate to go with. I bought a small pack of reese's peanut butter cups, and a packet of gummy worms, but I would prefer one big pack of reese's so don't want to wrap just yet (the sweets are to go with a book which is the actual present).

I'm too nervous to wrap my own kids' gifts in case my eldest walks through while I'm wrapping :dohh:

I only have next Wednesday off, it's draining. Although I'm "done" I still feel pressured because I'm panicking about forgetting something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->