• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

2021 Christmas Countdown - 1 day to go!!!

Single figures whoo

One day at school/ two days at work (next week) counting down the days

Waahh! I am so not ready! And I must admit I have had zero xmas/festive feelings this year again, apart from loving the cosy look of the tree etc. Ahh to be a child again and experience that magic!

I've definitely felt it less this year but thought it was because it's the first christmas in years where I've been working and it's made everything a rush

Same here with the working. It's not felt Christmassy at all even though I'm baking mince pies and listening to Christmas songs every day, it's just not registered that it's almost Christmas!

Yeah it still feels miles away. I think its just having other things to think about and being busy doing things other than Christmas stuff. Usually it's allllll about the Christmas prep and the school events etc

That is so true! No Christmas events at school etc really make it all a lot “real”, doesn’t it?!

Definitely. All the days have sort of bled in to one without anything to break it up. I do get a buzz when I think about it, but I guess I've been distracted so not thought about it as much. I'm sure once schools finished it'll become a lot more real.

The bulk of our online order arrived today (was scheduled for next Monday). So now it's just the 3 other items that said they would take longer that we're still waiting for.

I also managed to wrap everything this afternoon while Dylan napped (although he woke up multiple times throughout which was stressful). I only took only 2-3 items out at a time to wrap so I would be able to keep them hidden if logan walked through. He figured out the whole Santa thing last year (or was it early this year?) so i only had to worry about him not seeing the actual gifts, and not about him seeing that it was us that bought them.

So I'm all wrapped and also all organized into different boxes (Xmas eve, Xmas morning, stockings). Just waiting on that last delivery now. And I still need to buy sil's secret Santa gift (no idea what to buy), dh's gift (I do have an idea), and then decide what to get my parents from my kids, or if I'm just going to bake them cookies.

Dylan and I gave the garbage truck guys their Xmas bags this morning. They looked really pleased which was very nice to see. (each bag had an ice tea, a packet of chips, some sweets, a small chocolate, and a bag of homemade Xmas cookies)

That's great the bulk of your order arrived and you managed to get it wrapped :)

That was kind of you to give the garbage truck guys Xmas bags :cloud9:

Can you believe this time next week we'll be waiting for Santa?

I can't wait! It's the first time my little one has kind of understood the concept of Santa, and every day now he asks me at random times "Santa came?", and sometimes even runs to the window to check. I can't wait to see his reaction on Xmas morning when he sees the presents under the tree.

Awww how sweet! My youngest loves Santa. He doesn't know why yet, but whenever he's on the TV or he sees a book/jumper/decoration with him on he gets so excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"