2021 Christmas Countdown - 1 day to go!!!

I bought half of dh's Xmas present today. Unfortunatelyately the other thing I'd wanted to get needs an air compressor to make it work (which I didn't realise) so now I need to find something else to get instead.

Had my 3 year old with me and now he just wants to "give daddy present". I've hidden in my cupboard and explained we have to wait until Xmas but he keeps trying to get it out to "give daddy present now" :dohh:

Eeeks! It's feeling very real now! :argh:
Dh has just left with the boys to go buy my gift.
I came up with an idea for the rest of his so will get that either this afternoon or tomorrow.

So exciting! Just got some last minute presents for my sponser this morning as she gave me some presents last night.

Eeek it's Christmas week, can't get too excited yet though. My car has its MOT tomorrow. Hopefully it passes and doesn't cause me too much expense.

Just finished my Xmas shopping :happydance:
Everything is wrapped now too :D

Now it's just the food stuff which I can only buy on Thursday (fresh berries etc). And more Xmas cookie baking for my aunt and cousin, and to add to my parents' gift bags from the kids.

Dh just needs to buy his secret Santa gift and his niece and nephew's gifts tomorrow.

Eeek it's Christmas week, can't get too excited yet though. My car has its MOT tomorrow. Hopefully it passes and doesn't cause me too much expense.

Hope it passes and doesn't cost you a fortune.

Last edited:
Good luck!

Mine has some sort of emission fault and is booked in on the 22nd! Just the diagnostic will cost over £100. Man, after the roof repair, an expensive car repair really is all I need just before xmas!

I'm having a panic about being done in time. Tomorrow I'm shopping to get the bits I don't want to leave to asda to substitute :haha: then have to write cards that are passed on through MIL, and finish wrapping for MIL, BIL and SIL. Visit MIL, then pop up to FILs grave.
I doubt there will be much time time wrapping before I have to make a start on dinner. Then a zoom with the girls to open our secret santa.
Wednesday I really need to crack on wrapping. I'm only half done! Wednesday evening I'm working.
Thursday morning I have the rest of the food from Asda coming. Dh wants to bake gingerbread men. Then he has a hospital appointment!
Friday morning I'm at work, then BIL is popping round in the afternoon. Then that's it, Santa is coming!

I'm having a panic about being done in time. Tomorrow I'm shopping to get the bits I don't want to leave to asda to substitute :haha: then have to write cards that are passed on through MIL, and finish wrapping for MIL, BIL and SIL. Visit MIL, then pop up to FILs grave.
I doubt there will be much time time wrapping before I have to make a start on dinner. Then a zoom with the girls to open our secret santa.
Wednesday I really need to crack on wrapping. I'm only half done! Wednesday evening I'm working.
Thursday morning I have the rest of the food from Asda coming. Dh wants to bake gingerbread men. Then he has a hospital appointment!
Friday morning I'm at work, then BIL is popping round in the afternoon. Then that's it, Santa is coming!

Hope you manage to get it all done in time!

I'm sure you'll get it all done motherofboys.

I think I am all fine, depending on food order and substitutes. Working today and tomorrow then can finally sit back and relax.
X

We were done in Asda by 8:36am this morning. I just have a few bits we couldn't find and the meat which was part of the Food to Order range to be delivered on the 23rd. Having a coffee and a mince pie. Need to get my teens up so we can go to MILs by lunch time and get back so I can attempt to wrap.

I havent done any wrapping yet! Last year I swore to myself Id do it in good time and here I am again, dragging my feet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->