2021 journal!

Me too. Ideally I'd like it back before they are due to come so I know what we can or can not do and we can make plans of some sort.

Bummer! I am so sorry. I hope he won’t suffer much!

Gift wise all that's left to buy is

Online Wallet top up -Jimi, Nate and Seth
Ps Now - Nate and Seth
Minecraft - Jimi

Then any presents for John.
Still got the majority of food and drink to buy too.

I need Thursday to hurry up so I can just order the last bits. I'm so ready to be done. I've finally reached the point where I can't wait for it to be Christmas Eve/Day already. I've not wrapped a single thing for the boys and I still have a ridiculous amount of food to buy, but I finally feel excited and like it's 2 weeks away. I was worried I wouldn't get that feeling this year.

I am glad you got the feeling :)
I haven't wrapped anyting either yet. I need to assemble the stashes first and check everything before I do. But hopefully I will be able to do it this coming week when the boys are at school! And I need to buy the food too.

It's so hard finding the time to dig it all out, sort through it and put it back without damaging it, isn't it? It takes longer than you'd think.

Yeah it really does, not to mention the wrapping itself! :wacko: We have a brilliant hiding place though: our bed is one of those lift ones, so the base is one big storage area and we put everything in there under the spare bed linen. It is way too heavy for the boys to lift, so it is going to be a safe place for a few years yet, hehe.

That's great! We used to have a sofa with a storage part under it like that. Was great for putting the bulk of the presents in after wrapping so I didnt have to bring too much down on Christmas eve, but we needed a new sofa and now don't have that extra storage

Yeah that is the one thing which isn't so great, having to take it all down on xmas eve night. We usually use the wash baskets though so that is ok. A sofa with a storage like that would be so handy, not just at xmas!

SO true lol! I wonder if mine still believe or if they are humouring us!

I'm not sure on Nate. A couple of years ago in the summer he said he didn't think he was real, but a couple of weeks later he said that actually he did because parents would have to go shopping at midnight on Christmas Eve and it was too much to do in one night :haha: but sometimes I see him give me a look when I mention Santa and I wonder if he knows it's me, then other times if I say something is hard to get hold of he says "I'll just ask Santa, he can get it, he's magic" and seems to fully believe.

Hm, you know, my brother and I didn't own up for years cause we were worried the gifts would stop if our parents knew we knew lol. I wonder if that is the case here too? On the other hand, when we found the Santa Tracker on google, my boys were both re-convinced that he had to be real lol. But that was 2 years ago and they didn't know as much about the internet then hehe.

I think he must go back and forth on it. He's quite old to believe really, he'll be 12 in March, so if he does still believe I doubt he will by next year.

I think I stopped believing around age 10 but I kind of carried on trying to believe because I so desperately wanted the magic to be true!
Holly doesn't believe at all, but she's having so much fun pretending for James and making it special. It makes it more special that she's involved in the plans.

Jimi was 8, and John told Zac at 10. Neither of us remember when we stopped believing, I can only remember one year, the year that I was really ill and went and laid on the sofa in the middle of the night, and saw that he had been, when I fully believed. I guess I would have been about 6ish. I don't even remember how I stopped believing. My mum says I told my brother and he cried and she made me tell him that I was lying to upset him. But I don't remember that either.

I dont know if you remember me mentioning a football I had bought Zac that was faulty and needed to be returned twice? I couldn't get a new one anywhere other than preorder from one site that wouldn't have any until 30th of Nov so I had him pick a different one for his birthday and said he could have the original one for Christmas. It's a good job I did as he was willing to wait for it until the end of November, but they had a delay in stock, then another delay, so it only just despatched yesterday with an estimated delivery of tomorrow! I was beginning to worry it wouldn't be here for Christmas. Now I'm just hoping this one isn't faulty too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->