2022 journal

That's everything wrapped now. I just have Nate's scooter to set up Christmas Eve, and my mum bought Reuben a wooden train table that they've left in the box to be put together Christmas Eve. I need to sneak them to the garage now before Reuben goes to bed but Nate and Seth are down stairs and I don't want them to see.
I was worried it would be stressful with Nate and Seth here but no John to break them up as they fight so much, and I was obviously upstairs with the door shut, but they've played really nicely together so when I came down I told them how happy Santa must be with them.

Well done! I hope you will now have some time to relax and put your feet up and ejoy the last few days of pre-xmas?
Oh how I love it when I come upon mine playing nicely together! It is just the best feeling isn't it?! Mine don't fight that much but they rarely actually play together as they have pretty much no interests in common.

I'm working every day except today and Christmas eve, but at least I know I'm ready. My turkey is ordered through asda but it's the asda food-to-order rather than a normal order if that makes sense so it won't be subbed or anything. Everything else in that order, though it would be nice to have, isn't essential. I'm finally ready.

Nate and Seth have fought for a few years now but this year they have been worse than ever. It's mostly Nate using Seth as an outlet for his frustrations but they both are as bad as each other, for example they both like to make noises but if the other one dares make a noise all hell breaks loose. I think Nate's entering puberty and has all the hormones going crazy that go with that. Jimi and Zac used to fight and they are friends now, I can't remember the last time they fell out, certainly before Zac started secondary school, so I'm hoping it'll be the same story with them soon :haha: but yes, it's lovely to see them being nice and playing together, I always say think of how much fun you can have if you actually be friends!

FX they will become friends like Jimi and Zac!

That must be frustrating with all the arguments! Hopefully they will become good friends over the years though.

I hope work goes well. I'm looking forward to two days off on Christmas day and boxing day, it's going to be so welcome after this crazy week :laugh2:

Thanks, I was meant to have boxing day and be working through 27th but one of the girls ended up working Christmas and new years last year due to someone else getting covid and she really wanted boxing day off so I said she could take my boxing day.

The tree decoration finally arrived. Only thing that I'm now waiting on is the snakes plant. If its not here by Christmas I'll just claim a refund

20221222_121346.jpg

Thank you, a friend up in Scotland started a business personalising items and I've always fancied one of these so I thought I'd support her by buying one. She posted it on the 8th and it's only just got here.

Well, he's been. Nate's scooter from Santa is up, Reuben's wooden train table from Nanny has been built. I guess I best get some sleep as who knows what time they'll be up tomorrow, it could be 3, it could be 9 :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->