2022 journal

Your so organised! Great gifts, the movie box is a nice idea- I’ve seen some boxes on Etsy that look cool. But obvs more ££, maybe they could be recreated.
Just thought actually we have some shoe boxes left over from the new school shoes, maybe I could put some wrapping paper around them & create a move snack box(s)
Be nice as a 1st dec gift too O:)

Great idea! I think I might adopt that too. We never did 1 of dec gifts but I do like this snack box idea for it!

A couple of years ago I did the reusable popcorn buckets each with snacks and a dvd, but this time I'm going to do a joint one. When they were smaller they used to have a "good brothers" sharing present from father Christmas if that had been nice to each other, but now with such a large gap there's not really anything that would work but that could be an idea for that maybe.

I'm really looking forward to starting my shopping now. I'm going shopping with my niece on the 8th of October but it'll be birthday presents for Zac and Seth.
I've got some savings from over the year put aside for Christmas and I may buy the main presents for Christmas so that I know I've got them, but I think I'll leave the rest until after October payday as I always end up buying too early then not being able to stop even though I'm done :haha:

My Smyths book finally came. Right as Reuben was about to go into one over Nate not doing what he wanted and I just grabbed it off the floor and was like "wow! Look! Do you know what this is?" And he's now having his first go through the book marking things he likes :haha:

That sounds like a good plan!

Aww that's so cute of Reuben!

My mum has asked me to sort put our amazon Wish lists but I've just had no time. I've not even thought much about what I'll get them myself this year. Luckily Seth circled basically the whole smyths book so at least I've got a starting point for him :haha:

Got Zac's birthday presents today. He doesn't know what he wants and I didnt want to buy for the sake of it but still wanted him to have something to open, so I got him some new headphones which he needed, some Pjs and some snacks and drinks then will give him some money.

I have a list to choose some bits from for Seth and the rest will be the beginning of his Christmas list, I need to place a smyths order tomorrow or Monday for them.

They sound like great presents for Zak. It's so difficult to buy when they don't even know what they want!

I've added bil and sil's birthday presents to my asda order too so they will be sorted as long as there's no issues there, though I have to meet Zac to take him to the uniform shop. Annoyingly he needs a special GCSE PE kit as well as his normal PE kit and it has to be personalised so after much back and forth with the uniform shop asking me to pick a number and then the number being unavailable and can I pick another, and a phone call questioning if I had ordered the right sizes as if I don't know what size clothes he wears, I then had an email saying that he can have the last number we picked and that he needs to try it on before they'll print it. Anyway, as I have to pick up a few bits as well while I'm there I may see if I can get then the same gifts but cheaper in home bargains and if so I'll take them off my asda order.
It does mean I can now start on Christmas shopping though I really need to sort out my room first to make a space for storing them for the next 2 months.

John just reminded me that we have the use of the garage this year for storing presents and it would make bringing them in on Christmas eve much easier than traipsing up and down the stairs trying not to wake anyone. And I can go out there and wrap without being disturbed. I'm going to try to hold off a little longer before buying but I am getting quite excited to start.

That sounds like a good option! I am amazed you already know what to get though as I still have no idea. I keep going back and forth about the Nintendo Switch but that is the only shadow of an idea so far. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->