22yo TTC #2

We had couple reasons why we had to stay in hospital for 4 days. First, on Kieran's second day he choked on some mucus and turned blue... the nurses wanted him to stay for an extra day after because of it. Second, I had problems with my bladder. I noticed on the second day that I had barely had any pee, but yet my bladder was really full. I just couldnt go on my own, so I had many cathedars put in over the next 2 days. Eventually I gained control of my bladder again but the doctors had me stay because they didnt want my bladder to get too full. I am back to normal again now though.

I had my 6 week check up yesterday. I am only 2lbs off what my pre pregnancy weight was!! Also, I unfortunately have a hemorrhoid, which I need to take some medication for but that clear up soon (I hope because having a bowl movement is very painful right now).

Kieran's nights are usually pretty good, some nights are worse then others. We try to go to bed late too and he is usually up around 1 or 2am and then again around 5 or 6am like you, so its not so bad. He has been a bit colicy a few times which makes the day/night difficult but we have managed so far.

Good luck studying and getting your essay done. I've got to go baby is starting to wake up.

my sister had the same problem when she had her daughter and had to have catheters because she couldn't go to the toilet on her own. That must of been scary seeing Kieran choking on mucus, so glad he is now fine. When Jayden was born he was blue and it took him 2 minutes to respond, they were 2 of the most scariest minutes ever.

Glad your 6 week check went well! and that is amazing that you are nearly at your pre-pregnancy weight! I haven't weighed myself yet but i can fit in my size 8 jeans i just need to tone my stomach up a little lol. Hope your medication works, i can imagine they are painful.

Glad Kierans nights are going well and i hope he stops being colicy soon, i give Jayden Infacol to help him bring up wind and so far it has helped. Jayden has a cold at the moment and is wanting lots of cuddles, the weather is pretty rubbish here at the moment it has rained non-stop so thats not really helping but hopefully in a few days he will be better.

I'm not getting very far with my essay it is so hard to fit in studying at the moment, i am managing to get some work done but no where near enough! My deadline is the 9th!

Hope you are ok x

Hey, I hope you've made your deadline today. Were you able to fit in some studying/essay writing over this last week. How is Jayden feeling, I hope his cold is gone.

Kieran has only had a couple of colic days so far. He seems to be sleeping longer during the night now too.. we can make it about 4 hours periods then he is hungry and awake. So i'm pretty happy about that, plus it helps that I don't have to go anywhere in the mornings so I can sleep in a bit.

Kieran is starting to smile lots now :) He will smile at us and his whole little face lights up, its so adorable that the first time I saw this smile it made me tear up! haha. Is Jayden smiling yet, if not, I'm sure it will be soon. Kieran will be 8 weeks old/2 months on Monday, I can't believe how fast time is going already. He has grown out of his newborn clothing and diapers and is now wearing the 10lb clothing... so I'm guessing he is around 10lbs now. He'll get weighed in a couple weeks at his next doctors appointment.

Well I hope your doing well, have you had any of your postpartum depression like last time? I can somewhat see how it must have felt now... on Kieran's colic days it's amazing how the constant crying can make you snap... its hard work.

Well mother's day is on Sunday, so it will be fun to experience my first one!! We are going to DH's house with my mom and having a mother's day brunch, so it will be nice to see everyone.

Hi, it seems like its been ages lol!

Having 3 kids is hard work, i am constantly doing something and in the little time i'm not doing something i try to relax. Jayden has a feed around 10.30pm and then i will go to bed after, he will then wake up between 2-3am to be fed again and then at 6am and that is when i get up for the day. Its hard work on a school day as i have to be out the house for a certain time but we are getting use to it now, weekends i tend to lounge about until dinnertime lol!

I did manage to finish my essay, I was up until my deadline at 12am finishing it, i already have my grade back to and i passed, amazing as i didn't get any chance to do studying really lol!

I'm so glad Kieran is sleeping longer at night, it really is a god send and you appreciate sleep much more when they last longer lol! That is so cute he is smiling, Jayden only does when he has wind lol. You will have to post some pics of Kieran smiling! Let me know how hes doing after his check-up? I am going to get Jayden weighed on tuesday when he will be a month old! Time is going way to fast!! Can't believe Kieran is almost 2months!!

I have had a couple of down days but i'm just keeping myself busy and trying to relax. How have you been feeling?

Hope you have a happy 1st mothers day on monday! Ours is in March. Hope you get spoilt lol x

3 kids must be a lot of work, I can't imagine... maybe one day I will have the experience. I pretty much lounge around until noon these days too, I try to go back to sleep in the morning and getting up around 10am, catching up on some sleep helps loads.

So glad you managed to get your school work done. Are you finished school for the summer now then? Here in Canada our college/universities finish for the summer in mid-April and don't start again until September (unless you want to take summer courses).

So Kieran is officially 8 weeks old today :) Time is flying by already, he has his 2 month check-up next week. I'm guessing he is around the 10-12lb range because his 10lb clothing hardly fits him anymore. I'll attach a picture of him smiling, first picture I have been able to get of him smiling lol. We had a lovely mother's day yesterday, DH and Kieran got me a beautiful hanging basket which i've put out on the front porch.

Well it's going to be about 22 degrees and sunny today, so DH and I are going to get out the patio furniture and have a BBQ tonight, I'm so happy summer has arrived :)

Attachments

• Kieran smile.jpg
    Kieran smile.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 1
It is alot of hard work but definately worth all the sleepless nights and extreme tiredness lol! I look forward to saturday when i don't have to be out the house at 8.30am lol! Once Jayden is older i know it will get a little easier though.

Thanks! All my essays are finished now but i have an exam on the 12th June and then that is all work done until September, i am so looking forward to the summer break, it has been a tiring year lol! So i just need to get some revision done now. Wow that is a long break April until September!

I hope Kierans 2month check goes well! Lovely pic, he looks a very happy, healthy baby.
I will post a more recent pic of Jayden once i get chance, he has changed so much since birth. Kieran is a cutie!

Glad you had a lovely mothers day and enjoy the nice weather! It is horrible over here, we have had non-stop rain for around a month now!

I am off to get Jayden weighed today, i will update later today or sometime this week.

Speak to you soon x

How was Jayden's weigh in, how heavy is he now? Kieran goes on Wednesday, I expect him to be about 10-12lbs now... he has grown out of all of his 10lb clothing lol. I went through his clothing today and moved things out that he has outgrown and added new clothing that fits him... its amazing how fast the grow!

Kieran is starting to get much more personality, its so cute! He smiles and is starting to laugh and make little "talking" noises. He said 'Aaaa Gooo' yesterday haha.

The weather here is so warm/hot... tomorrow is going to be 30 degrees! So DH and his brother plan to go swimming in the river, yikes the water will be cold but they want to do it lol. I hope the weather improves over there.

Well I should go make myself some dinner, got to eat while the little one sleeps. Talk to you soon.

Gosh its nearly 2wks since Jayden got weighed already!! He was 9lb10oz then and will be getting weighed again on the 6th June at his health visitor check-in.

I have been so busy and not had alot of time to chat on here. Jayden is 6wks old today and the last few days he has been smiling, love those first smiles, so cute!!! We have our 6wk postnatal check tomorrow, so hopefully everything goes well.

The weather has been amazing here, it is so bloody hot!!!

That is so cute that Kieran is laughing and making little noises, hes obviously very happy! Hope your still enjoying some nice weather!

Sorry i haven't posted a recent pic yet, my files are to large and need to be resized so i will do that later and post a pic.

Hope your well? x

Wow 9lbs at 6 weeks, what a good baby! Kieran got weighed last week and is 10lbs 11oz and was 8 weeks (now 9 weeks old). He also got his first needles :( It broke my heart to hear him scream when he got those needles, he was very fussy the rest of the day so I think his legs were sore. He's doing fine now but he doesn't really like this hot temperatures we've been having. Its 30 degrees here and with humidity it feels like 38! So we are inside with the air conditioning going and kieran is happy in his diaper. The picture i've posted was from Friday when we had more hot temps and he was loving the no clothes thing haha.

Well I hope things are going well, how are your daughters with their little brother? I bet they love him to pieces :)

Attachments

• Kieran hot.jpg
    Kieran hot.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1
He was 9lb10oz at 4wks and will be getting weighed wednesday so god knows what he will be then, he likes his feeds lol!!

Wow 9wks! Time goes so fast, the jabs are not nice, i've always hated them, Jayden will be having his on the 11th June, so will have the calpol at the ready!

Jayden is also hated the heat and has been in a nappy and vest, it is so hard to keep them cool.

I love your pic of Kieran he has grown so much!! Are you loving being a mummy?

How is Kieran at night times? Jayden has started sleeping longer at night, he goes to bed around 10.30pm wakes between 2-3am and then again around 5-6am.

I have an exam on the 12th June and really need to study but so tired lol! I am also on iron tablets because i am still anaemic and it has been causing me to have bad headaches.

My girls love their little brother, they are so good with him and have accepted him brilliantly, i am so proud of them.

Anyway here are a few recent pics x

201.jpg

200.jpg

199.jpg

Aww Jayden is so cute and grown so much.

Kieran is doing well at night now. Last night was his second night sleeping in his crib in his own room. Up until the last few nights he's slept in a bassinet beside our bed, but DH felt it was best to get him used to his crib sooner rather than later. I knew he was right but it was hard for me to let go lol... I know he is just in the other room but boy was I sad to have him moved haha. It's been for the best though, last night he slept through the night and only up once through the night before! So he must sleep better in his crib and I think it's a bit more comfortable and he's got more room.

Having Kieran really makes me excited for having other children in the future. I keep looking at him and wondering what our other kids will look like. I am not ready for other children yet, we'd like Kieran to be around 2 before we consider getting pregnant again. How did you know when you were ready for your second/third?

Well if I dont hear from you before the 12th, good luck on your exam. I hope your school work is almost over for the semester, will you be going back in September for another year or are you done? What are you studying again?

Thanks! He has grown so much, i can't wait to find out what he now weighs on wednesday!

Wow that is great that Kieran is now in his own room and that he is learning to sleep through the night, it must be nice to have a full nights sleep lol!! It is hard to move the baby out of your room but it is better when they are younger. I have baby monitors for when Jayden moves into his room. Thinking about it, did i ever post pics of his nursery? I can't remember.

Aww that is so cute, you do always wonder if they would look alike or like other members of the famly etc. Its good that you already know you want more children, i always thought i would have a huge age gap between the 1st and 2nd, because i just enjoyed having my little girl, my OH really wanted another baby and close together but we didn't actively try and conceive our 2nd daughter, after having our 2nd baby i was adamant we were never going to have anymore children but decided i might like to when she was around 2yrs old but we didn't ttc until a yr later.

Thank you for the good luck!! i am going to need it lol! I am struggling with my revision and can't wait for the summer break but really hope i pass! I am studying towards criminology and am really hoping to get back to it in september but i don't have much time to decide, studying will be so much easier once Jayden is a bit older and sleeping through the night.

Hope you are well and enjoying your weekend? x

Hey Tilly, its been ages since i came on BnB, how have you and the family been? We are doing well, and seem to have fully adjusted to live with our new little one. I'm totally in love with Kieran and am enjoying seeing him change from a newborn to someone with a personality.

Kieran is fully sleeping in his own crib in his bedroom and we have no problem putting him to bed at night. Our routine in the evening is a life saver, around 8pm we give him a bath, then he gets some milk and then nearly always he's asleep by 9pm :)

Are you on your summer break yet? I bet your happy to be done or at least almost done.

Well I had hoped to type a longer message but Kieran is awake and I can hear some pretty horrid pooping going on hahaha.

Hey! How are you doing? I've not had much time to come on here either, life with 3 children is pretty exhausting at times but we are use to our new addition now. I love having a baby and his sisters absolutely adore him! He smiles for us all the time and makes lots of little noises, he is such a happy little boy.

That is great that you are in such a great routine with Kieran, Jayden is 10wks old today and wakes up once in the night still, when did Kieran start sleeping through the night? I am so use to night feeds now but i can't wait to have a full nights sleep again lol!! It can get pretty tiring with running about after my elder 2.

I have finished studying for the summer, i had my last exam a couple of wks ago, i hope i've done well i don't find out until August!

I'm so glad your enjoying having Kieran, being a mum can be such hard work but so so rewarding. I would love to see some recent pics of Kieran, i bet hes changed so much! Jayden has grown loads! I will upload some pics as soon as i put them on my computer.

Hope to hear from you soon! x

Hey, great to hear from you :)

We are doing well, though we've had a couple days of a grumpy baby lol. I'm not sure whats wrong but it seems like he is fine but when we put him down he screams bloody murder. I have a feeling he might be starting to teeth early because he drools a lot these days, so that seems to be the only answer I have right now. He doesnt seem to be sick in any way, he just wants loads of attention.

Other than that we are doing good. Kieran is not sleeping though the night, a week ago we were down to 1 feeding in the middle of the night but over the last week we are still getting up about 1am and 5am. But like you, I'm pretty used to getting up in the night so I just feed him and have no trouble going back to bed lol.

I have lots of recent pic but unfortunately BnB won't load them because the files are too big (pics are off my camera and not my phone or ipod). But do you have facebook? If you do, I can private message you my full name and you can add me, just let me know... that way we can keep in touch better, rather then on here.

Well I hope you're doing well and enjoying the summer weather, have you got any holidays planned for this summer?

Aww bless poor Kieran, teething is not nice, i hope he gets some teeth through soon, teething is much easier once the first teeth have come through, my girls were 11months and 8months so quite big babies when they first got teeth.

I don't think i would cope if i couldn't fall back to sleep lol!! Do you go to bed early at night? I normally go quite late because Jayden has his last feed at around 9.30-10.30.

BnB does that to me to, strange as it never use to and i've always uploaded photos from my phone and camera on to the site, I just don't have the time to resize everything lol. Yes i do have facebook, that would be good because i tend to go on facebook more often as i keep in touch with family and friends there.

Unfortunately we haven't had much summer weather, it is warm and muggy but we have had so much rain!! even flooding in some places, is the weather good in Ontario? We don't have any holidays planned yet but are hoping to have a weekend away during the school holidays, are you off anywhere nice? x

I think its too early for Kieran to be teething so I could be wrong, it just seems like it's an explanation for the crabby-ness he's been having this last week.

As for bed time, I usually give Kieran a bath around 8ish then he gets his milk, so by 9pm he is usually asleep. I'd like to give him his bath and milk a bit later so he'll sleep longer in the night but he usually doesn't nap in the evening, so by 8 o'clock he is crabby and it's easier to get his routine done so he'll fall asleep.

We bought an exerciser for him and he tried it out today... so cute! He's pretty small for it, so we have books under for his feet to rest on haha. But he seemed to love it... i've found he has not been liking his playmat for a few weeks, so I think he is sick of lying down and likes being up-right in the exerciser. I took a video of him in it for the first time, which i'm posting to facebook so you can watch if you'd like.

The weather here has been really hot, in the late 20's and plus humidity it's in the 30s! So we've had a very hot summer so far, good thing our air conditioning works. We have some holidays planned in a few weeks. We are driving down to visit my sister who lives 6 hours away, so we are hoping the car ride will be ok with Kieran lol. It's going to be nice to get away for 4 days with DH as he hasn't had more than 2 days off in a row since x-mas.

Well i'll send you a private message with my full name so you can add me to facebook.

Hope your doing well.

I definately wouldn't rule out teething I've known people whos babies have had teeth by 16wks so you never know!!

I try and get Jayden to settle earlier but unfortunately he likes his milk a little later lol, it would be nice to put him to bed after the girls but he is normally wide awake for a couple of hours before bed lol. Kieran is so good for a 3month old!

What is an exerciser? It sounds so cute though bless him, its great seeing them take everything when they get a little older.

That will be nice for you and DH to get away for a few days together i hope you have a good time when you go!! Yet again weather is horrible here, hope we get a proper summer soon lol.

I have sent you a private message because i couldn't seem to find you on facebook, with a link to my account.

Anyway hope you are having a good day and have a good weekend x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->