23 weeker... my baby girl.

Congrats on your second girl Hun. Sending positive health and growing energy. Xxx

Congratulations on the birth of Alexandra. Oxygen is the big one for a lot of nicu babies, however they can survive for months on an oscillating or jet vent if needed before they're ready to move to a traditional vent. Being on any form of ventilator does cause the lung tissue to harden, and it's a hard balance of when to move them to less support, as the vent is keeping them alive, but the longer they're on the vent the longer they will have to stay on it for their lungs to mature that bit more. Some babies even go home on a ventilator, it's rare but it can take years to wean off it - you're at a very early stage I'm by no means saying this will be your story, but if you're anything like I was you'll want to know that severe difficulty breathing is survivable and anything else you can deal with later. My daughter had to have half of her left lung removed because the ventilator kept making holes in it and it collapsed over and over again (pneumothorax), it was terrifying but two weeks later she was finally on cpap - sometimes a scary step is what is best for them. Nicu is a terrifying time, a lot of the time it feels like more steps backwards than forwards, but she's shown she wants to fight and the doctors will do everything they can to help her do that.

That was so sweet it made me tear up :cry:.

Thank you everyone. Really nothing new to report but that's a good thing!

How are things going Cookie? Looking forward to hearing an update!

Congratulations on the birth of your daughters!

My son was a micropreemie too, 1lb4oz at 27 weeks. You can see pics from my sig. He was on the oscillator, the strongest one in our tier 4(is the best nicu in the country) hospital for days. Then standard vent, then back to oscillator etc. One of his lungs collapsed because of it. Took months to be on active,then passive cpap, then plain oxygen etc.

Receiving breast milk helps if you can manage it. Plus when we were finally able to hold him on week 3 we started skin to skin contact as often as we could. His oxygen requirements finally started dropping then. I reallybthink the kangaroo care helped.

thinking of you *hugs*

Liliana, you will remain in our hearts. I am beyond saddened :cry:

Here's the update on another post for those who don't know yet-

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/s...s/2260955-liliana-elizabeth.html#post34348645

Liliana, you will remain in our hearts. I am beyond saddened :cry:

Here's the update on another post for those who don't know yet-

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/s...s/2260955-liliana-elizabeth.html#post34348645

Thank you for updating, I did not see the other thread.

This is so sad.

I am in tears as I read the update. So so sorry your little girl didn't make it, she was still a big fighter. RIP little Lilliana, she's an angel looking over her sis. Hope Alessandra is doing well.you re in my heart n prayers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->