23 Weeks Suffering Heartburn

trishcombe

Reaction score
I'm 23 weeks and suffering really bad heartburn - any suggestions other than Gaviscon??

I'm almost 20wks and have really awful heartburn :( gaviscon makes me sick so I take ranitidine (zantac) twice a day. Some chemists won't sell it to pregnant women as its not licensed for use in pregnancy but I got it on prescription from my doctor so it must be ok!

zantac is brilliant , its the only thing that helped me for my acid reflux & heartburn pre pregnancy, i think if my heartburn gets worse in this pregnancy im going to see my dr about getting some prescribed too.

Some people also say try mucogel ....or peptac , i tried peptac with my DS, it was basically the same as gaviscon tho.

I have been having bad acid too - can't it make you miserable?

I have been having the odd Zantac as Gaviscon only worked for about 20 minutes. Yesterday, I had ran out of Zantac and it was too late to go to the shops so I went to the fridge and had a small glass of my DPs Dr Pepper hoping the fizz would maybe a kill or cure. And blow me down, heartburn disappeared. I can't guarentee it as a fail safe cure - but I will be trying a small glass again before I reach for the Zantac. x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->