23 Weeks Suffering Heartburn

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by trishcombe, Jun 3, 2011.

1. trishcombe

trishcombe New Member

I'm 23 weeks and suffering really bad heartburn - any suggestions other than Gaviscon??

2. Tryin4Number3

Tryin4Number3 Mum of 3 and pg AGAIN!

I'm almost 20wks and have really awful heartburn :( gaviscon makes me sick so I take ranitidine (zantac) twice a day. Some chemists won't sell it to pregnant women as its not licensed for use in pregnancy but I got it on prescription from my doctor so it must be ok!

3. x-TyMa-x

x-TyMa-x Proud Mummy Of 2 xx

zantac is brilliant , its the only thing that helped me for my acid reflux & heartburn pre pregnancy, i think if my heartburn gets worse in this pregnancy im going to see my dr about getting some prescribed too.

Some people also say try mucogel ....or peptac , i tried peptac with my DS, it was basically the same as gaviscon tho.

4. Bambers

Bambers Well-Known Member

I have been having bad acid too - can't it make you miserable?

I have been having the odd Zantac as Gaviscon only worked for about 20 minutes. Yesterday, I had ran out of Zantac and it was too late to go to the shops so I went to the fridge and had a small glass of my DPs Dr Pepper hoping the fizz would maybe a kill or cure. And blow me down, heartburn disappeared. I can't guarentee it as a fail safe cure - but I will be trying a small glass again before I reach for the Zantac. x x