<25 BFPs!! 12 births!! Welcome to the world turtle babies!>

Doc told to ring ambulance for James on way to hosp :( will keep updated

I am 24 weeks today and the babies are the size of grapefruits so why is my ticker not changing to show that!! It didn't change last week either!!

Doc told to ring ambulance for James on way to hosp :( will keep updated

OMG really hope everything is ok!!

I am 24 weeks today and the babies are the size of grapefruits so why is my ticker not changing to show that!! It didn't change last week either!!

They don't change now every week. apart from Newbs we are all on the repetition weeks ... It's boring!!

Hi dudes, hope you're all having fab Sats.

My MIL took us out for slap up lunch, and now I'm at the pool cafe about to indulge in a delicious swim, and ate a huge pain au raisin just now so I have something to burn off which isn't my flesh!!

Sunlight on the water, it looks heavenly :cloud9:

XxxxX see ya laters :kiss: XxxxX

We know so far its not meningitis still waiting to find out what's going on :/

Hi Turtles

What a day!!!! Started at work at 9am with the birth associates meeting. The talk went well and then we got onto some very interesting projects - one of them is we're running a pilot study with the 2 biggest medical aids in the country. We'll use 3000 moms and divide them into groups. The control group gets an information pack with a dvd and leaflets and a relaxation cd. The other group gets the same pack and their gynaes are incentivised to promote natural birth. The aim is to increase the number of natural births - the payoff for the medical aids is that at the moment they are spending R400 billion annually on caesarians so if they can reduce that then they will be happy.

We're also starting a programme in rural areas training volunteers in the communities to be lay doulas who will then go into government hospitals and offer birth support (at the moment there are no birthing partners allowed in government hospitals)

It's my plan to really get going on my midwifery research while on maternity leave, which will tie in to all of this with local statistics...all very exciting

Then I had patients - on patient flew down from Joburg to see me for fertility treatment. I also saw the baby who had previously only put on 300g in 6 weeks since birth. She put on 300g in 4 days this week :happydance: And she smiled at me and she's lifting her head...so happy :cloud9:

But I am utterly exhausticated now! Only left work at 4

Good news it's not meningitis. Hope they find out what is wrong soon x

do you think Angels too young for the birds and the bees?

We've never done a big talk but we have answered questions honestly when they're asked. Then last year Ch'ien did sex ed at school...pretty much put a stop to his asking questions for a while which I didn't like...think it was too much at once and has the note of 'you've been told now don't ask anything else':shrug:

Alice and I attempt to "smeyes"

https://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i316/sezi_k/941e8e2b.jpg

Just caught up, what is the deal with the delayed clamping? Am I being ignorant?
Are you all OK?x

The way they explained it in my antenatal class is that as te baby is born some blood is still in the cord/placenta, so if you wait until the cord stops pulsing then the baby gets more blood and is less at risk of anaemia. It boosts their blood level by up to a third.

They get up to 1/3 extra blood volume from delayed cord clamping. There is research on monkeys showing areas of ischaemia (low blood supply leading to cell death) when the cord is clamped and cut immediately and they're not there when there is delayed cord clamping.

Barring any emergency, we don't clamp and cut until it stops pulsating and some will carry on for half an hour! If the baby needs rescuss we always leave the cord intact and rescuss on the mom's chest so the baby is still getting oxygen via the placenta.

Then you get lotus birth where the cord isn't cut at all and the baby stays attached to the placenta til the cord falls off...not as gross as it sounds

Glad it's not meningitis April - didn't look like it (wrong colour). Keep us posted :hugs:

April that's a relief! :hugs:

My brother told me all about the birds and the bees wayyyyy before school and parents did! My parents were hilarious though- I had my mum's version which was pretty basic and practical, and involved sanitary towels and things, all efficiently dealt with while she was peeling potatoes or something, then my dad's version :rofl: We used to go for a walk together every evening after dinner in the dark come rain or shine for many years of my childhood (I insisted on it, the poor man) and on one of our evening walks I had the sex talk from him too, I think it began with the notion of 'love' but also addressed fallopian tubes and zygotes and stuff, a kind of random mixture of the biological and the philosophical! So different!! :haha:

And my mum got me a book called 'Growing Up' which was full of pictures of willies and boobs and was the most handled book in my Primary school! My chums would form queues at playtime to have a look at my book :haha:

April that's a relief! :hugs:

My brother told me all about the birds and the bees wayyyyy before school and parents did! My parents were hilarious though- I had my mum's version which was pretty basic and practical, and involved sanitary towels and things, all efficiently dealt with while she was peeling potatoes or something, then my dad's version :rofl: We used to go for a walk together every evening after dinner in the dark come rain or shine for many years of my childhood (I insisted on it, the poor man) and on one of our evening walks I had the sex talk from him too, I think it began with the notion of 'love' but also addressed fallopian tubes and zygotes and stuff, a kind of random mixture of the biological and the philosophical! So different!! :haha:

And my mum got me a book called 'Growing Up' which was full of pictures of willies and boobs and was the most handled book in my Primary school! My chums would form queues at playtime to have a look at my book :haha:

My mom gave me a book with a record to listen to. All I remember is daddy and mommy cuddling under a yellow blanket and coming to the conclusion that babies were not made in Durban in summer :haha:

At school we had a book called "preparing for adolescence' which was read out loud in religion classes. I remember the pages on masturbation were the most dog-eared of the whole book in everyone's copy

Jeez we are quiet today. Ive been to a nearly new baby sale at a village church but didn't buy any nearly new babies.

I think it is a frozen pipe in the en suite bc the pipe does go outside and nothing but water, soap, toothpaste goes down it to clogg it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->