<25 BFPs!! 12 births!! Welcome to the world turtle babies!>

Evening all!

April..so relieved there's nothing serious going on with James :hugs: I tried BBMing you but wasn't sure if you would get it :shrug:

So we've had a nice little day :thumbup: The couple who came round for dinner a few weeks back had a birthday party for their little 1 year old girl this afternoon :awww: I kept thinking that by the time Cara is having her 1st birthday celebrations, I'll be back at work :(

Anyway..tomorrow we are having my friend, her DH and their twin girls round for lunch...I'm going to cook a cheese, broccoli and bacon casserole and OH is doing his signature veggie pasta bol :thumbup: For dessert I thought it would be fun for me to ask the girls (who are 4 by the way) to help me make ice cream sundaes for everyone...on paper it seems like a good idea :haha:

Hope all is well with everyone :hugs::kiss:

Sounds like a fun day, and another good one planned tomorrow. I bet the girls will love making sundaes with you.

I know what you mean about work, I had a massive sob earlier that six weeks tomorrow I will be back at work. It will absolutely break my heart to go back, I'm still staring at our finances trying to figure a way I could stay at home, even though I know none exists :nope:

Me too Essie..I've done much soul searching over the last few weeks about this exact thing. Should I give up work, sell my house for a smaller one and live a leaner existence in order that I may stay home and take care of Cara or should I return to work as has always been the plan thanking my lucky stars I was able to be there for her first year and because I work she will have many things I never had as a child? My head explodes sometimes :nope:

This is the conversation DH and I had. If we moved somewhere cheaper then we might be able to afford for me not to work. But would Lyra be better off? My mum told me yesterday if she couldn't have be a stay at home mum she wouldn't have had children, because mothers should look after their children. I would if I could :cry:

Hi Turtles

What a day!!!! Started at work at 9am with the birth associates meeting. The talk went well and then we got onto some very interesting projects - one of them is we're running a pilot study with the 2 biggest medical aids in the country. We'll use 3000 moms and divide them into groups. The control group gets an information pack with a dvd and leaflets and a relaxation cd. The other group gets the same pack and their gynaes are incentivised to promote natural birth. The aim is to increase the number of natural births - the payoff for the medical aids is that at the moment they are spending R400 billion annually on caesarians so if they can reduce that then they will be happy.

We're also starting a programme in rural areas training volunteers in the communities to be lay doulas who will then go into government hospitals and offer birth support (at the moment there are no birthing partners allowed in government hospitals)

It's my plan to really get going on my midwifery research while on maternity leave, which will tie in to all of this with local statistics...all very exciting

Then I had patients - on patient flew down from Joburg to see me for fertility treatment. I also saw the baby who had previously only put on 300g in 6 weeks since birth. She put on 300g in 4 days this week :happydance: And she smiled at me and she's lifting her head...so happy :cloud9:

But I am utterly exhausticated now! Only left work at 4

thatll be really cool about the natural births Trin, and i knew youd get that baby healthy and happy go you :) xx

Sorry i havent been around much. iv been in a bit of a down mood lately BUT

ADDIE YOU DARLING GORGEOUS TURTLE! YOU HAVE CHEERED ME UP! I EVEN HAD A LITTLE TEAR.THE DRESS IS BEAUTIFUL AND YOUR NOTE WAS TOO:cry:

SHAME THE DRESS DONT FIT ME:haha:

I HAVE THE PERFECT PRESSIE FOR THE LITTLE PRINCESS'

Attachments

• dress.jpg
    dress.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 2
do you think Angels too young for the birds and the bees?

We've never done a big talk but we have answered questions honestly when they're asked. Then last year Ch'ien did sex ed at school...pretty much put a stop to his asking questions for a while which I didn't like...think it was too much at once and has the note of 'you've been told now don't ask anything else':shrug:

Thats why i was wanting to talk to Angel just because i want to be the one to educate her, i never got educated at all, shes only asked the obvious body changing questions and iv answered them, to her not being too impressed with being a girl and 'men get it so easy' lol

April that's a relief! :hugs:

My brother told me all about the birds and the bees wayyyyy before school and parents did! My parents were hilarious though- I had my mum's version which was pretty basic and practical, and involved sanitary towels and things, all efficiently dealt with while she was peeling potatoes or something, then my dad's version :rofl: We used to go for a walk together every evening after dinner in the dark come rain or shine for many years of my childhood (I insisted on it, the poor man) and on one of our evening walks I had the sex talk from him too, I think it began with the notion of 'love' but also addressed fallopian tubes and zygotes and stuff, a kind of random mixture of the biological and the philosophical! So different!! :haha:

And my mum got me a book called 'Growing Up' which was full of pictures of willies and boobs and was the most handled book in my Primary school! My chums would form queues at playtime to have a look at my book :haha:

haha thats brilliant B i love the way youve described how your dad and mum educated you on it, il look up that book for Angel haha

Puberty etc is going to be a tough time in our house. OH just won't want any conversations like that. He's said he'd whisk us all off back to Chechnya at any hint of teenage shenanigans

Evening all!

April..so relieved there's nothing serious going on with James :hugs: I tried BBMing you but wasn't sure if you would get it :shrug:

So we've had a nice little day :thumbup: The couple who came round for dinner a few weeks back had a birthday party for their little 1 year old girl this afternoon :awww: I kept thinking that by the time Cara is having her 1st birthday celebrations, I'll be back at work :(

Anyway..tomorrow we are having my friend, her DH and their twin girls round for lunch...I'm going to cook a cheese, broccoli and bacon casserole and OH is doing his signature veggie pasta bol :thumbup: For dessert I thought it would be fun for me to ask the girls (who are 4 by the way) to help me make ice cream sundaes for everyone...on paper it seems like a good idea :haha:

thankyou Kit i did get a bbm and replied :hugs:
omg cheese broccoli and bacon casserole sounds amazing! sounds like youll have a fab time :)

My word missed lot's yeaterday i had to take the mini for MOT and guess what a bird shit on my new fur coat putting air in my tyre before MOT and it only wen and passed !!!

Chuffed is'nt the word :D

April i hope James is better soon and so so happy its not meningitis *spelling?* big hugs for James

B glad you got to go swimming and nuv the nappy pouch and Henry bumpage .............what did Theirry say about the whooping bill for getting the leccy fixed?

Lissy superdooper luck for tomorrow Mrs

Sez love Alice she is a babe of a cat, did you buy anything at the village hall sale ??

Trin sounds a good incentive and much better practise for the long run if you and your fellow MW and doulas get to half ceaser rates i cant believe the cost involved thats a shocker ............now is it not time you and Tori rested up already !!

Essie i adore the charm bracelet idea ....what could we do for Nate ?? how did the resignation go sweet??

We just had indian take out and now im having a jacques cider or 2 yum yum

a few people are pissing us right off about the wedding and even lee is getting cross ):

Hope everyone is ok i have caught up as much as i could xxx

yay so glad the car passed yay for bird shit lol

Sez can you not order one in for him to warm some up later??

Oh well least you had a look round though i do need to get my arse into gear and post the shed load of turtle parcels i have

night night luvvers xxx

I could do but I just feel SUPER greedy ordering one to eat alone. Alls I can think about is popadoms and mango chutney

errrmmm you cant be greedy when your preggers ya know?

I'm putting together a playlist for the birth...any ideas??

:winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink:

The Final Countdown - Europe
I Want to Break Free - Queen
Sweet Child of Mine - Guns & Roses
Newborn - Muse
Babies - Pulp
Birthday - The Beatles
Breakout - Foo Fighters
Breathe - The Prodigy
Cry Baby Cry - The Beatles
Everybody's Screaming - Lost Prophets
Get Me Outta Here - Jet
Give Me Novacaine - Green Day
Hey Baby - No Doubt
Push it - Salt n' Pepa
The drugs don't work - The Vervelower

No? :shrug:

So far I have:
Massive attack - Teardrop
Brandi Carlisle - the story
radiohead - lotus flower
coldplay - yellow and fix you
u2 - one
ingrid michealson- keep breathing
anna nalick - breathe 2am
nick cave - into my arms
sarah mclachlan - angel
vega 4- life is beautiful
snow patrol - chasing cars & open your eyes
dixie chicks - lullaby
pink - fucking perfect
michael stipe - in the sun
heather nova - maybe an angel
10 000 maniacs - eat for two
kate bush women's work

And of course ribbons undone - tori amos, for when she's born

see what I've been doing all night :haha:

I'm on it......

Evening all!

omg cheese broccoli and bacon casserole sounds amazing! sounds like youll have a fab time :)

Ugh! My stoopid BB didn't tell me I had a message...but your reply is there. Sorry April, I would have replied again had I known :dohh:

I'm putting together a playlist for the birth...any ideas??

:winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink:

The Final Countdown - Europe
I Want to Break Free - Queen
Sweet Child of Mine - Guns & Roses
Newborn - Muse
Babies - Pulp
Birthday - The Beatles
Breakout - Foo Fighters
Breathe - The Prodigy
Cry Baby Cry - The Beatles
Everybody's Screaming - Lost Prophets
Get Me Outta Here - Jet
Give Me Novacaine - Green Day
Hey Baby - No Doubt
Push It - Salt n' Pepa
The Drugs Don't Work - The Verve

No? :shrug:

:haha: that was soooo funny!

Evening all!

Sounds like a fun day, and another good one planned tomorrow. I bet the girls will love making sundaes with you.

I know what you mean about work, I had a massive sob earlier that six weeks tomorrow I will be back at work. It will absolutely break my heart to go back, I'm still staring at our finances trying to figure a way I could stay at home, even though I know none exists :nope:

Me too Essie..I've done much soul searching over the last few weeks about this exact thing. Should I give up work, sell my house for a smaller one and live a leaner existence in order that I may stay home and take care of Cara or should I return to work as has always been the plan thanking my lucky stars I was able to be there for her first year and because I work she will have many things I never had as a child? My head explodes sometimes :nope:

can i just put in my 2 cents? although im not in the position and never have been, i have ALWAYS said to Angel i wish i could give her everything she wanted, but i cant, but when she has children shell be able to because shell have a job etc, i dont know but i seem to think its what Angel would prefer :shrug: youre a brilliant mother so anything you decide will be good for Cara anyway :hugs:

Evening all!

Ugh! My stoopid BB didn't tell me I had a message...but your reply is there. Sorry April, I would have replied again had I known :dohh:

totally fine :) thankyou for being there in the first place

Evening all!

This is the conversation DH and I had. If we moved somewhere cheaper then we might be able to afford for me not to work. But would Lyra be better off? My mum told me yesterday if she couldn't have be a stay at home mum she wouldn't have had children, because mothers should look after their children. I would if I could :cry:

Whoah! No disrespect to your mum at all, but the times have changed and women are no longer considered only good for housework and child rearing. As much as it is completely our responsibility to ensure our children are loved, cared for adequately and nurtured appropriately, it does not mean that it has to be you or me who does that 24/7. There is a very good argument that says a happy working mum is far better for her child than a miserable SAHM who scrapes by. However, if you feel you will be a miserable working mum, that's a whole different thing. Personally, I don't think I will be miserable at work after the initial wrench. It's a very personal thing though. Try not to allow the guilt to make decisions for you...I say just do what feels right and makes you happy :hugs:

Love the songlist Kit!:haha:

When Trin wrote what "should I have as a playlist for the birth" I thought she meant a selection of entertaining games- pass the parcel, charades, musical chairs- that kind of thing.
She's weirder than I thought, thought I :haha: Then the penny dropped :dohh:

Been laughing all night (and trying not to pee myself) because we had an inpromptu visit from a good friend who came over for a drink and it was a fun evening, lots of giggles.

Off to bed now, nuv and kisses :kiss: xxxxxxxxxxxx Sleep tight all xxxxxx

Evening all!

can i just put in my 2 cents? although im not in the position and never have been, i have ALWAYS said to Angel i wish i could give her everything she wanted, but i cant, but when she has children shell be able to because shell have a job etc, i dont know but i seem to think its what Angel would prefer :shrug: youre a brilliant mother so anything you decide will be good for Cara anyway :hugs:

Thanks April. I honestly don't think your girls or James want for anything. They have all your love :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->