<25 BFPs!! 12 births!! Welcome to the world turtle babies!>

Sorry for posting and running this afternoon I had a visitor and then Erin came an she has only just gone to sleep. It was my first time without any comforts at all. Dummies and bottles :nope: it should only get easier!

Essie and kit these sound some tough emotions to be going through and big choices :hugs: I hope you are ok.

I miss and love you all... But I am a bit better, resolved if you will that it is happening and that it is what I want though at times it is sooo hard... Adjusting to being alone :nope:..

But yes thanks Kit I wore my mustard dress :yipee: painted my nails red was fun. Spoke to people that I haven't really seen for 2 years or so because Adam didn't like them :wohoo: it's a girl and a boy and they are now seeing each other. A bit weird, but nice. I used to live with the girl...

Thanks Jaynie :hugs:

Glad you are better and are getting your head on straight. Those first few weeks are always the hardest but it's so good to see you out and about, beginning to live a little again :thumbup:

I am going to start watching youtubes on how to do different hair styles. I want the girls to always have lovely hair styles and I am not good at doing hair!!!!!

DH and I picked out the tile for our bathroom. We are having a very hard time picking out vanities tho. The paint we picked out for the girls bathroom looks bad on the wall so we need to get new colors tomorrow and hopefully like one since the painter is coming next week!!! Tile guy comes Tuesday so wish we had vanities picked out so we can get them installed next week but we just don't like any. Hopefully we find 2 we like tomorrow. We also got this awesome chair for our room. I am calling it a daddy gift for DH. It reclines so he can sit and feed the girls in it. It will be in our room. Comes in 4-6 weeks tho so long wait but well worth it, it's so lovely.

Ooo, like fancy plaits etc? I love all that, Trin and B are good at plaits :thumbup:

Good luck finding the vanities! Is your chair for DH a glider? You'll both love it!! I nuv my feeding chair...I think Crunch nuvs hers too :cloud9:

I have a glider that is going in the babies room. This is a chair that will go in our room and reclines. It looks much better in person, the colors look odd in this picture but I will post anyway. The colors are much softer in person.

chair.jpg

:wave: Hi all. Hope all is well, had a bon voyage party today. It was nice... As nice as those things can be in any case. Ahhhh....

Trin, have you heard Plumb's, My Child -or- In My Arms?

Morning Gremlins! https://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Fantastique/monstre2.gif

:coffee:

I slept sooooo deeply I don't think I changed position all night and when Holly woke up and started singing the Babar the Elephant song at 8.30 I was sure it was about 2am and I thought it's not like her to wake up and sing at 2am:haha:

Dh is running in the mild spring temperatures of minus 9 this morning and I'm animal cleaning with Holly, then we're off to friends for lunch. Nice friends where I can take my knitting and lie on their sofa.:thumbup:

I've been following the SAHM discussions- I'd have been back last month if I wasn't pregnant. I really want to work at the moment, for the &#8364;'s, but would like a job I can do with Holly around -my mum ran a wool shop when I was diddy so I'd just play out the back and it was fab. I need to magic a shop.

Kit, for the TA's- I've got my parents arriving on Friday for a week so will be more free next week than the one after, though Tuesday evening I have swimming and Wednesday our postponed Valentines. So Monday or Thursday are good for me but I can do an evening when my parents are here too- they'd find it rather amusing, I just have to warn them in advance so my dad can bring his bow tie over and my mum her cocktail dress:haha:

Evening all!

April..so relieved there's nothing serious going on with James :hugs: I tried BBMing you but wasn't sure if you would get it :shrug:

So we've had a nice little day :thumbup: The couple who came round for dinner a few weeks back had a birthday party for their little 1 year old girl this afternoon :awww: I kept thinking that by the time Cara is having her 1st birthday celebrations, I'll be back at work :(

Anyway..tomorrow we are having my friend, her DH and their twin girls round for lunch...I'm going to cook a cheese, broccoli and bacon casserole and OH is doing his signature veggie pasta bol :thumbup: For dessert I thought it would be fun for me to ask the girls (who are 4 by the way) to help me make ice cream sundaes for everyone...on paper it seems like a good idea :haha:

Hope all is well with everyone :hugs::kiss:

Sounds like a fun day, and another good one planned tomorrow. I bet the girls will love making sundaes with you.

I know what you mean about work, I had a massive sob earlier that six weeks tomorrow I will be back at work. It will absolutely break my heart to go back, I'm still staring at our finances trying to figure a way I could stay at home, even though I know none exists :nope:

Me too Essie..I've done much soul searching over the last few weeks about this exact thing. Should I give up work, sell my house for a smaller one and live a leaner existence in order that I may stay home and take care of Cara or should I return to work as has always been the plan thanking my lucky stars I was able to be there for her first year and because I work she will have many things I never had as a child? My head explodes sometimes :nope:

can i just put in my 2 cents? although im not in the position and never have been, i have ALWAYS said to Angel i wish i could give her everything she wanted, but i cant, but when she has children shell be able to because shell have a job etc, i dont know but i seem to think its what Angel would prefer :shrug: youre a brilliant mother so anything you decide will be good for Cara anyway :hugs:

Thanks April. I honestly don't think your girls or James want for anything. They have all your love :hugs:

i try and convince myself that is all they need, by the time Angel is in her teens and NEEDING clothes etc etc il be able to get it for her without the worry :)

I don't think dss the elder would be very happy with love for his birthday when he wants a replacement PSP video game thingummy!

We told the boys (who are on the whole very spoilt, like I am) that this year was going to be a bit different due to some expensive things we have to pay for (a new garden wall which the neighbours are making us pay half of, and then the shock horror electricity repairs!) and dss the elder was straight away worried about his PSP for his birthday, which is normal for a teenager of his consumerist upbringing, whereas dss the younger looked terribly worried suddenly and said "But what about the gate at the top of the garden? I can't lock it, we need the gate fixed this year:cry:" The gate has slipped on it's hinges and Simon and I can't close it because it's too heavy to lift up into position, so funny that was his first concern though :awww: We'll get the gate fixed for his birthday:haha:

Morning all

Quiet start to the day today. The boys have to put all the stones back on the pathway (they kick them off the gravel pathway everyday) and they are acting like it is a cruel form of torture. We'll be had up for child labour if Ch'ien has his way

It's our photoshoot this afternoon :happydance: The woman phoned and said to bring a black boobtube and a colourful bikini top :saywhat: In what universe do I own these things??? I'll have to improvise

I'm having a can of coke for breakfast and it is the best thing EVER:shhh:

Love the songlist Kit!:haha:

When Trin wrote what "should I have as a playlist for the birth" I thought she meant a selection of entertaining games- pass the parcel, charades, musical chairs- that kind of thing.
She's weirder than I thought, thought I :haha: Then the penny dropped :dohh:

Been laughing all night (and trying not to pee myself) because we had an inpromptu visit from a good friend who came over for a drink and it was a fun evening, lots of giggles.

Off to bed now, nuv and kisses :kiss: xxxxxxxxxxxx Sleep tight all xxxxxx

:rofl:

So glad there are levels of weirdness even I have yet to reach :haha:

Whoah! No disrespect to your mum at all, but the times have changed and women are no longer considered only good for housework and child rearing. As much as it is completely our responsibility to ensure our children are loved, cared for adequately and nurtured appropriately, it does not mean that it has to be you or me who does that 24/7. There is a very good argument that says a happy working mum is far better for her child than a miserable SAHM who scrapes by. However, if you feel you will be a miserable working mum, that's a whole different thing. Personally, I don't think I will be miserable at work after the initial wrench. It's a very personal thing though. Try not to allow the guilt to make decisions for you...I say just do what feels right and makes you happy :hugs:

I had the same reaction when she said it, I think in her defense she meant it from a personal standpoint rather than "all women should be homemakers". However I still wish she'd said nothing.

It's strange. While I was pregnant I planned to go back doing almost full time, and had no problem with that. Since having lyra I have no desire to go back. I don't miss work at all.

I'm sorry I'm using the thread as a sounding board tonight. Just the thoughts that are consuming me at the moment. In reality (bar a lottery win) I'm back at work in 6 weeks, end of.

I'm feeling quite different this time around. I wish I had more time to just be with Tori. I'm looking at realistically taking off 6 weeks after the birth. That's not a lot :nope: At least my work situation is flexible and besides the financial pressure, I can set it up how I want to

I have, however, always thought I am a better mom when I am working. I am happier when I have something outside of the home and my children to do. I need to have that validation and stimulation from something other than mothering. I've often wished that I didn't but that's how I am. Besides that it works for me to be a working mom, we need the money. I am lucky though that I have a lot of support because with the kids the ages they are and the amount of homework they have to get through I wouldn't be able to do it without my mom

:wave: Hi all. Hope all is well, had a bon voyage party today. It was nice... As nice as those things can be in any case. Ahhhh....

Trin, have you heard Plumb's, My Child -or- In My Arms?

Beautiful, thank you :hugs:

Got 2 big bags of animal poo for the compost and my bloods have plummeted to 67 before time is up so we can count animal cleaning as sport :thumbup: I felt myself going woosey so did an early check and am now eating clementines and yoghurt, I LOVE clementines!

I arranged the nursery a bit- still got loads to do but I can show you how it's coming along if you want?:happydance:

Got 2 big bags of animal poo for the compost and my bloods have plummeted to 67 before time is up so we can count animal cleaning as sport :thumbup: I felt myself going woosey so did an early check and am now eating clementines and yoghurt, I LOVE clementines!

I arranged the nursery a bit- still got loads to do but I can show you how it's coming along if you want?:happydance:

Let's see :happydance:

Wow at last! Just repaired a pair of jeans for dss the younger and a coat of mine- been putting it off all week!!

Look what dh gave me this morning...daffodils!!!! My faves!!! In a metal basket with a café picture, so sweet of him :awww: And presents I've just wrapped for my mumsie for her b'day. I'm organising a party for her with balloons and gluten free cake since she'll be here:happydance: I can't wait!

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics