<25 BFPs!! 12 births!! Welcome to the world turtle babies!>

That's funny! We just came back from our guests and I've made Holly broccoli and bacon with pasta and cream and cheese! And for me the same only lentils instead of pasta! DH ate so much at lunch he still has no room for dinner :haha:

Whew! Photoshoot is done :thumbup: It was 3 hours! And hour at the beach and then 2 hours in the studio. She listened to everything I wanted (I emailed her pics I liked) and had some lovely ideas. I had done my hair and makeup thinking we'd be in the studio first but it had started to get overcast so we did the beach first and the wind did shocking things to my hair. I hope I don't look too awful :nope: She said she'd email me a couple of pics tomorrow and then edit them and put them on a disc for me

To do still:

Frame and mount paintings
Treat floor
Put wall decorations up
Finish making felt bobbly garland
Get fish lamp
Get light garland
Finish painting wardrobe
Finish painting small unit with animals

But so you have an idea....

So lovely!:thumbup:

April, sorry James is still sick :nope: I've bbmed

Emandi :hi: such a cute avatar :cloud9:

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO exhausted. Thank goodness I'm taking tomorrow off

She says they are off to hospital. His feet have swelled more and his fontanelle is sunken

Whoah! No disrespect to your mum at all, but the times have changed and women are no longer considered only good for housework and child rearing. As much as it is completely our responsibility to ensure our children are loved, cared for adequately and nurtured appropriately, it does not mean that it has to be you or me who does that 24/7. There is a very good argument that says a happy working mum is far better for her child than a miserable SAHM who scrapes by. However, if you feel you will be a miserable working mum, that's a whole different thing. Personally, I don't think I will be miserable at work after the initial wrench. It's a very personal thing though. Try not to allow the guilt to make decisions for you...I say just do what feels right and makes you happy :hugs:

I had the same reaction when she said it, I think in her defense she meant it from a personal standpoint rather than "all women should be homemakers". However I still wish she'd said nothing.

It's strange. While I was pregnant I planned to go back doing almost full time, and had no problem with that. Since having lyra I have no desire to go back. I don't miss work at all.

I'm sorry I'm using the thread as a sounding board tonight. Just the thoughts that are consuming me at the moment. In reality (bar a lottery win) I'm back at work in 6 weeks, end of.

I'm feeling quite different this time around. I wish I had more time to just be with Tori. I'm looking at realistically taking off 6 weeks after the birth. That's not a lot :nope: At least my work situation is flexible and besides the financial pressure, I can set it up how I want to

I have, however, always thought I am a better mom when I am working. I am happier when I have something outside of the home and my children to do. I need to have that validation and stimulation from something other than mothering. I've often wished that I didn't but that's how I am. Besides that it works for me to be a working mom, we need the money. I am lucky though that I have a lot of support because with the kids the ages they are and the amount of homework they have to get through I wouldn't be able to do it without my mom

It's a good point you make Trin regarding validation and stimulation. I think I'm the same...I'll know for sure I guess when I am back at work.

I am sorry you don't get the amount of time off with Tori that you'd like, I understand why you might feel different this time..you've finally got your girl :cloud9:

To do still:

Frame and mount paintings
Treat floor
Put wall decorations up
Finish making felt bobbly garland
Get fish lamp
Get light garland
Finish painting wardrobe
Finish painting small unit with animals

But so you have an idea....

Absolutely lovely...you're doing a splendid job as always :thumbup:

That's funny! We just came back from our guests and I've made Holly broccoli and bacon with pasta and cream and cheese! And for me the same only lentils instead of pasta! DH ate so much at lunch he still has no room for dinner :haha:

Coincidence eh? We were a bit stuffed too after a larger than usual lunch. The sundaes went down a treat!! :thumbup:

Whew! Photoshoot is done :thumbup: It was 3 hours! And hour at the beach and then 2 hours in the studio. She listened to everything I wanted (I emailed her pics I liked) and had some lovely ideas. I had done my hair and makeup thinking we'd be in the studio first but it had started to get overcast so we did the beach first and the wind did shocking things to my hair. I hope I don't look too awful :nope: She said she'd email me a couple of pics tomorrow and then edit them and put them on a disc for me

Ahh, I bet they will be amazing!! You will look fab..although I bet you're extra harsh on yourself like we all are :shrug: Will we get to see some of them maybe?

Hi, just skimmed really, very tired.
Few pics of Esme and process in the shop...which opens on Fri!

Attachments

• Cherwell-20120212-00041.jpg
    Cherwell-20120212-00041.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi, just skimmed really, very tired.
Few pics of Esme and process in the shop...which opens on Fri!

:wohoo:

So glad all is coming together as planned :thumbup: That is an amazing pic of our Esme...so cute! :cloud9:

Ugh....banging headache :wacko: This is what happens when I have a busy weekend :haha:

Hi all

Lissy - esme is sooooo gorgeous !

Any news on little James ??? Xxx

Hi all

Lissy - esme is sooooo gorgeous !

Any news on little James ??? Xxx

Hi Crunch,

April had been told to phone an ambulance again for James...that was about an hour ago. Haven't heard anything since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->