<25 BFPs!! 12 births!! Welcome to the world turtle babies!>

Opinions please ladies...

In your opinion, is it fair to be brutally honest about being a mum for the first time to someone who is currently pregnant with their first baby? Is it better to just say everything will be wonderful and let them discover the ups and downs themselves?

Obviously everyone on this thread is excluded because you've already been exposed to every tiny detail, warts and all. I mentioned my friend who is pregnant by her new partner a couple of weeks back..well we have a mutual friend who has filled my pregnant friend's head with butterflies and rainbows which is lovely but is that right or fair to her?

What thinkest thou wise turtles? :-k

I'd say that's fair enough, a bit of optimism is no bad thing in this oft-times gloomy world:shrug: My sister made out that having a baby was an absolute nightmare so I was pleasantly surprised:haha: Everyone's experience is soooooo different, so if one is going to politely generalise it may as well be about the wonderful things motherhood brings. There are afterall lots of butterflies and rainbows to a baby, I say let's celebrate them whenever we possibly can :cloud9:

Just back from Thrift Farm. It was a tad chilly but a nice day nonetheless :thumbup: It's one of these places that is partly run by adults with learning disabilities so everywhere we went there were happy go lucky people wishing us a nice day and saying hello. It was so nice. I wish us able folks were as uncomplicated. We saw loads of animals and chickens and Cara got a bit of a fright when she saw a mahoosive piggle who did a very loud "OINK!" at her :haha:

Hot chocolate and choccy muffin afterwards in the little coffee shop, then back home. Lovely :cloud9:

It's the TAs tonight!!!!!!!! :happydance:

In your opinion, is it fair to be brutally honest about being a mum for the first time to someone who is currently pregnant with their first baby? Is it better to just say everything will be wonderful and let them discover the ups and downs themselves?

Obviously everyone on this thread is excluded because you've already been exposed to every tiny detail, warts and all. I mentioned my friend who is pregnant by her new partner a couple of weeks back..well we have a mutual friend who has filled my pregnant friend's head with butterflies and rainbows which is lovely but is that right or fair to her?

I'd say that's fair enough, a bit of optimism is no bad thing in this oft-times gloomy world:shrug: My sister made out that having a baby was an absolute nightmare so I was pleasantly surprised:haha: Everyone's experience is soooooo different, so if one is going to politely generalise I say it may as well be about the wonderful things motherhood brings. There are afterall lots of butterflies and rainbows to a baby, I say let's celebrate them whenever we possibly can :cloud9:

I want to know all the details whether gory or not.....i always question my friends about the bad times....i am optimistic but i like to be aware that i may get depresssed, i may be a hormonal mess, i may sometimes even feel resentfull about having her here......cos like B said the more awful people make it out to be.....if i dont get baby blues, anxious etc then i will be suprised. I expect the worse therefore things can only get better......like daves mum always talks to me about baby blues to let me know its ok to feel down about having a baby and i thank her for that cos she has made it such an honest topic....but when i told my nan she said "well yes its common but doesnt mean you will get it and you will be a natural" and although i am optimistic i feel more pressure from my nan cos what about if it doesnt come natural to me.,...she has added a pressure really.

Anyway my point is id rather be aware of EVERYTHING cos if i do struggle when baby reed comes i will think its just me and im the worst mum ever! :wacko:

I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed at the fact that

IM HAVING A BABY

:haha: I don't think it actually sunk in for me until well after I gave birth and the evidence was in front of me :haha:

Sounds like my kind of day out Kitto! There's a farm like that near my parents, we took Holly there last summer and she loved it, this summer she'll really love it!! And I will sit in the café breastfeeding and eating muffins afterwards :happydance:

Just back from Thrift Farm. It was a tad chilly but a nice day nonetheless :thumbup: It's one of these places that is partly run by adults with learning disabilities so everywhere we went there were happy go lucky people wishing us a nice day and saying hello. It was so nice. I wish us able folks were as uncomplicated. We saw loads of animals and chickens and Cara got a bit of a fright when she saw a mahoosive piggle who did a very loud "OINK!" at her :haha:

Hot chocolate and choccy muffin afterwards in the little coffee shop, then back home. Lovely :cloud9:

Sound like you have had a lovely day :thumbup:

when is the TA's?:shrug:

Sound like you have had a lovely day :thumbup:

when is the TA's?:shrug:

Yes, it was a lovely day and Cara is so aware of everything now that I feel she gets something out of going to a place like that.

The TAs are tonight..kick off around 7.30pm :thumbup: Hope you can be there :flower:

I'd say that's fair enough, a bit of optimism is no bad thing in this oft-times gloomy world:shrug: My sister made out that having a baby was an absolute nightmare so I was pleasantly surprised:haha: Everyone's experience is soooooo different, so if one is going to politely generalise I say it may as well be about the wonderful things motherhood brings. There are afterall lots of butterflies and rainbows to a baby, I say let's celebrate them whenever we possibly can :cloud9:

I want to know all the details whether gory or not.....i always question my friends about the bad times....i am optimistic but i like to be aware that i may get depresssed, i may be a hormonal mess, i may sometimes even feel resentfull about having her here......cos like B said the more awful people make it out to be.....if i dont get baby blues, anxious etc then i will be suprised. I expect the worse therefore things can only get better......like daves mum always talks to me about baby blues to let me know its ok to feel down about having a baby and i thank her for that cos she has made it such an honest topic....but when i told my nan she said "well yes its common but doesnt mean you will get it and you will be a natural" and although i am optimistic i feel more pressure from my nan cos what about if it doesnt come natural to me.,...she has added a pressure really.

Anyway my point is id rather be aware of EVERYTHING cos if i do struggle when baby reed comes i will think its just me and im the worst mum ever! :wacko:

I would empty your mind and go with the flow my petal- there are too many 'what if's' with babies. Good health for mother and child is paramount- the rest is flotsam and jetsam on the great sea of human experience https://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Zen/levitation.gif

Cassie honestly youve done amazingly well to stay this chipper for so long. Ive moaned my entire way through ;-)

About the fleas - hopefully that rogue one will have been caught by the flea spray. I need to get Alice sorted at the vet too. It's one of the reasons we are changing to wooden flooring so that it's easier to combat. It's part of being a cat mummy that we have these uninvited guests sometimes.

The association called me back and said it has been approved and they are sending my approval letter today. One thing complete. :thumbup:

I bought my nappy/changing bag!

https://www.babythings4u.co.uk/ajax/image.php?p=5982b57547fa.jpg&ow=350&oh=400

Cassie..I agree with B in that you should try to let what people tell you it will be like wash over you. For all I am an advocate of painting a realistic picture about things, your own experience will be unique to you. Oh, and for me, this whole thing that everything comes naturally..like breast feeding etc, it didn't. Cara and I both had to learn and then we got good at it. I do remember in the early days feeling like a failure because it wasn't just happening on its own..so please don't feel as if you should automatically know how to do everything because you don't.

You're not moaning either...those last few weeks for me were difficult. I had to grab an hours sleep on the couch, then get up and walk, then try to sleep again. You're allowed to talk about your discomfort :hugs:

I would empty your mind and go with the flow my petal- there are too many 'what if's' with babies. Good health for mother and child is paramount- the rest is flotsam and jetsam on the great sea of human experience https://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Zen/levitation.gif

:haha: yes actually then im laid back about birth and what not.....i dunno im a planner....you should see my diary my life is mapped out to a routine and a schedule.... :dohh: this whole not being able to know when your baby is going to pop out is killing me as its out of my control.....but on the plus i suppose it is a good practice for what is about to come because a baby is soooo unpredictable and i suppose that will be my challenge to just go with flow and face challenges as and when they occur......i will breathe! :blush:

I have a cunning plan-

There's one of these in our cupboard https://www.tabledescalories.com/photos/aliments/5580.jpgand I really want to eat it- so I will do a 'good carb' reduction at dinner time to accomodate it and cycle afterwards. Don't tell my doc!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->