<25 BFPs!! 12 births!! Welcome to the world turtle babies!>

Cassie..I agree with B in that you should try to let what people tell you it will be like wash over you. For all I am an advocate of painting a realistic picture about things, your own experience will be unique to you. Oh, and for me, this whole thing that everything comes naturally..like breast feeding etc, it didn't. Cara and I both had to learn and then we got good at it. I do remember in the early days feeling like a failure because it wasn't just happening on its own..so please don't feel as if you should automatically know how to do everything because you don't.

You're not moaning either...those last few weeks for me were difficult. I had to grab an hours sleep on the couch, then get up and walk, then try to sleep again. You're allowed to talk about your discomfort :hugs:

:thumbup: thanks kit! and i do intend to make it to the Ta's tonight! infact i will inform dave about this evenings events when he gets in from work :thumbup:

I must go and do a big blast of housework and cook LO some nommos, laters gaters

OMG I almost forgot! Congrats on your watermelon Trin!!:happydance:

https://www.americade.info/photos/wm31.jpg

Cassie honestly youve done amazingly well to stay this chipper for so long. Ive moaned my entire way through ;-)

About the fleas - hopefully that rogue one will have been caught by the flea spray. I need to get Alice sorted at the vet too. It's one of the reasons we are changing to wooden flooring so that it's easier to combat. It's part of being a cat mummy that we have these uninvited guests sometimes.

Thanks sarah! yess im going to create a belt with a holder for the can of flea spray and evertime i see one im going to go all ninja on their ass whether im 28 weeks preggo or not!:haha:

The bag is really big. I have been looking at it online for ages and then it was in kiddicare this morning. I'm using it already as I need a new handbag. Bigger than a normal large handbag, smaller than A weekend bag.

My sister upset me today and made me go and cry in secret, well with my mum. She kept going on and on about how my mum won't take time off work to come and see me in hospital and that I'm "over estimating her" if I think she will. Well my mum is fairly flexible at work bc she's the manager and I know she'd move heaven and earth for me, the hospital is like a mile from her work, and she'd drop ANYTHING if I asked her to. This all started bc I said to my sis that unless it happens in the middle of the night, I think mum will WANT to wait in the waiting room for the late stages of labour. Not that I'd ask her to - that she'd WANT to. And sis acts like I'm just making unrealistic demands on my mother. So pitty-poo I had a little cry. It was very upsetting for me to be told it wouldn't really be high on my mum's priorities. I think my sister is jealous of mine and mum's closeness.

The bag is really big. I have been looking at it online for ages and then it was in kiddicare this morning. I'm using it already as I need a new handbag. Bigger than a normal large handbag, smaller than A weekend bag.

My sister upset me today and made me go and cry in secret, well with my mum. She kept going on and on about how my mum won't take time off work to come and see me in hospital and that I'm "over estimating her" if I think she will. Well my mum is fairly flexible at work bc she's the manager and I know she'd move heaven and earth for me, the hospital is like a mile from her work, and she'd drop ANYTHING if I asked her to. This all started bc I said to my sis that unless it happens in the middle of the night, I think mum will WANT to wait in the waiting room for the late stages of labour. Not that I'd ask her to - that she'd WANT to. And sis acts like I'm just making unrealistic demands on my mother. So pitty-poo I had a little cry. It was very upsetting for me to be told it wouldn't really be high on my mum's priorities. I think my sister is jealous of mine and mum's closeness.

Was your mum there for Alex and Sophie's arrival? Maybe if not, that's why her nose might be a little out of joint :shrug:

My mum had like 1-2 weeks off work and stayed with them all that time when Alex and Sophie arrived!! I pointed that out to Ruth but noooooo she knows best!

My mum had like 1-2 weeks off work and stayed with them all that time when Alex and Sophie arrived!! I pointed that out to Ruth but noooooo she knows best!

Sounds like maybe she's a little jealous of you too, not just your relationship with mumsie? Is she the type to prefer the spotlight on her?

She is a very competitive person but not normally with me. Anytime someone else does something impressive she has to disparage it. It's sad that she can't just be happy with her charmed life and accept that not everyone has the same priorities as her and hubby. I hadn't thought about asking my mum to take time off to spend with me when the baby is born bc she will be so close and can visit any / every evening she wants but I HAD assumed she'll want to come and see me in hospital ASAP. I didn't make that assumption based on me thinking I can 'summon' her at my will and she is at my beck and call, but I made that assumption bc I KNOW MY MUM and there's no way she will want to go and spend a day at work knowing that her baby has just had a baby!

She is a very competitive person but not normally with me. Anytime someone else does something impressive she has to disparage it. It's sad that she can't just be happy with her charmed life and accept that not everyone has the same priorities as her and hubby. I hadn't thought about asking my mum to take time off to spend with me when the baby is born bc she will be so close and can visit any / every evening she wants but I HAD assumed she'll want to come and see me in hospital ASAP. I didn't make that assumption based on me thinking I can 'summon' her at my will and she is at my beck and call, but I made that assumption bc I KNOW MY MUM and there's no way she will want to go and spend a day at work knowing that her baby has just had a baby!

Ahh it'll all work out and no doubt your mum will be desperate to be with you as soon as she can on the big day! Don't let anything spoil the anticipation for you :hugs:

Sarah that sucks your sister isn't being supportive and is making you cry. Do you think she's jealous that your mum will have a new grandchild? It's a shame she can't just be happy for you.

Essie I think she might be jealous. Like I said she isnt usually competitive we me bc we do such different things so there's not really anything to compare. But NOW she might be having her nose put out of joint that there's a new grandchild coming, one that won't live 200 miles away and who might just become the new darling of the family

Will I love my baby as much as I love my cat? Cos I really fucking love my cat!

dave has just called to let me know he is on the way back from work....and he has been specifically informed of the exciting events happening this evening! He wants to know if he has to wear a Tux? :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->