<25 BFPs!! 12 births!! Welcome to the world turtle babies!>

My poor baby is so full of cold. All day her nose and eyes have been running. Now she's starting to get a temperature :nope: cue sleepless nights for us as I worry about her overheating. She's just in a sleep suit, no Grobag but I'm not sure how well she will sleep without it. She really flails her legs about normally. Hopefully she'll get a good rest even if I don't.

I'm sorry Essie..it sucks. Do you give her calpol?

I've given her some, she spat a lot out but she's had a bit. She's cooled down now she's out of her sleeping bag but I'm thinking she might get too cold in the night without it. DH and I are debating what to do, I'm never sure what's for the best.

If you have thermostatic control in her room, you could turn the temp up a little so she won't feel cold out of her sleeping bag? That shouldn't overheat her either as long as it's just a couple of degrees?

She's not actually moved into her own room yet :blush: since we still bf during the night I find it easier to have her near me, I'm too lazy to be getting up in the middle of the night to go to her room :haha: our thermostat is in a ridiculous place, in the coolest part of the house so never an accurate idea of how warm/cold the house is. It's about 17 degrees at the moment, I'm going to take her temp again at 10 and see how she's doing.

I think I'd better head to bedfordshire. Sleep well everyone :kiss:

Ok..tell me if you think I'm overstepping...

My friend (the one who had the mishap with her little boy) has not had a single full nights sleep since he was born 7 months ago...I know a couple of you are in a similar position hence why I'm asking you... she is very down and exhausted. The mishap was the last thing she needed.

I have offered many times to have her little one to give her a break..even just a couple of hours to let her relax or do something she would like. She has never taken me up on this offer..I'm not sure if it's a bit like she thinks I think she can't cope (which I do not) or maybe she feels determined to get there under her own steam..not sure :shrug:

Anyhooooo, I was going to surprise her with a lovely pamper box full of gorgeous smelling bath bombs/delish choccies/eye masks/glossy girlie mag etc and tell her she needs to give me her little boy for an afternoon so she can enjoy them......is that pushy and not a good idea? The last thing I want to do is put her in an uncomfortable position.

My poor baby is so full of cold. All day her nose and eyes have been running. Now she's starting to get a temperature :nope: cue sleepless nights for us as I worry about her overheating. She's just in a sleep suit, no Grobag but I'm not sure how well she will sleep without it. She really flails her legs about normally. Hopefully she'll get a good rest even if I don't.

I'm sorry Essie..it sucks. Do you give her calpol?

I've given her some, she spat a lot out but she's had a bit. She's cooled down now she's out of her sleeping bag but I'm thinking she might get too cold in the night without it. DH and I are debating what to do, I'm never sure what's for the best.

If you have thermostatic control in her room, you could turn the temp up a little so she won't feel cold out of her sleeping bag? That shouldn't overheat her either as long as it's just a couple of degrees?

She's not actually moved into her own room yet :blush: since we still bf during the night I find it easier to have her near me, I'm too lazy to be getting up in the middle of the night to go to her room :haha: our thermostat is in a ridiculous place, in the coolest part of the house so never an accurate idea of how warm/cold the house is. It's about 17 degrees at the moment, I'm going to take her temp again at 10 and see how she's doing.

Ahh, I see. It makes sense to still have her nearby. I am lucky that Cara's room is right next door to our room, so wasn't much difference when I was up with her in the night.

I'm sure she will be just fine....hope you all sleep well :hugs:

My backs broked, I have just sat and hand-made a set of 144 tiles for mahjong... I have yet to put designs on them and my back is agony! Owwhheee!

Wow you have patience Ginge! That would kill my back too. What sort of images will you use? Traditional or novelty ones?

Ohhhh Kit, do you want to pop to mine with all those goodies ?

It's a tough one, I would LOVE it but i can understand not wanting to push it on someone. Could you offer to maybe go to her house and order her off for a bubble bath ? That way if it's not wanting to leave her little boy she is literally just upstairs ?

My keeping in touch day was only a couple of hours and dare I say it, I kinda liked getting stuck back into housing law ! Or maybe it was drinking a coffee without an arm trying to grab it from me lol

I was paid for the whole day as well .... LOVELY JUBBLY

Ok..tell me if you think I'm overstepping...

My friend (the one who had the mishap with her little boy) has not had a single full nights sleep since he was born 7 months ago...I know a couple of you are in a similar position hence why I'm asking you... she is very down and exhausted. The mishap was the last thing she needed.

I have offered many times to have her little one to give her a break..even just a couple of hours to let her relax or do something she would like. She has never taken me up on this offer..I'm not sure if it's a bit like she thinks I think she can't cope (which I do not) or maybe she feels determined to get there under her own steam..not sure :shrug:

Anyhooooo, I was going to surprise her with a lovely pamper box full of gorgeous smelling bath bombs/delish choccies/eye masks/glossy girlie mag etc and tell her she needs to give me her little boy for an afternoon so she can enjoy them......is that pushy and not a good idea? The last thing I want to do is put her in an uncomfortable position.

It's hard to say, for me, I'm a control freak when it comes to my babies and have a hard time letting some one else help me. But, I would still appreciate the offer and gifts... Perhaps send her a card that says you will help in any way that would helps her, whether watching him at her house while she takes a nap and/or bubbly tub or taking him for a walk with your OH and Cara or over to your house, etc.

You are such a lovely, thoughtful turtle. :kiss:

Trin, I forgot to say well done on the nursery and dressing room. You've done fab! Definitely deserve to be proud! :thumbup:

Bore me Trin, bore me. Are you having contractions??? Regular ones?? TORI ones?!

Wait, if she was coming, you wouldn't claim its a crappy day. lol. I am a bit over eager for Tori's debut I think. :haha:

Good morning all :flower:

Today I have woken up with a seized neck on the left hand side :( It's completely solid and I have to move the whole top half of my body to look around. Baby swimmers is at 12pm...I really don't want Cara to miss it because of stupid old mum. I've had this many times before, so I'm hoping it will ease off over the course of the morning :thumbup:

Anyway..thanks Crunch and Molly for your views on my pamper box idea...I think I will do as you say and give her the box and she can tell me if I can help with looking after her LO. Hopefully she'll not be offended.

We were up at 5am this morning with Cara..dirty nappy :dohh: but straight back to sleep after :thumbup:

So...what's everyone doing today then?? :hugs:

Crunchster..glad you enjoyed your couple of hours in work :thumbup:

On Saturday, it was raining. So we couldn't do our weekly fundraiser at the craft market. Which meant that I had to use our grocery money for the week to pay wages for the cattery cleaner and buy rice to mix with the meat we feed the cats. So I have just spent 20 minutes trying to come up with some winning combination with what we have in the grocery cupboard...which isn't much. Really, charity work shouldn't be this stressful!!!!! I am so tired of relying on my mom to buy us groceries and of just not having a cent to my name :cry:

:hug:Trin i think you do so well and are fabulous how you always put the charity first ,dont feel bad im sure you mum likes to help out and surely realises its because all those kittys and animals are taking up your cash all for a good cause :thumbup:

I hated my dyson. I haven't found a Hoover so far (even the specific pet ones) that can cope with my dogs hair. I end up having to use a pet brush and brush all the carpets to pick up the fur, then vacuum afterwards. Not ideal.

:shock: *recoils in horror*

You hated your dyson?? Well I never. I can honestly say that no other appliance excites me the way my dyson does...yes, I know :blush: By comparison, I'm rather blasé about it now but nothing measures up the way using it for the first time as a dyson virgin....couldn't believe the job it did!

This might have taken the lead as my saddest post ever.

:haha::haha:

Essie -is Lyra any better ? Nate has started with the sneezes again today :growlmad:

Bethany- loved the Holly pic on the choo choo with grandpa:cloud9:, glad your having fun with the rents , when do the return ?

Kit- splendid that you have started to spring clean, once theses bathroom men have finshed ''when'' been the focus word there!! I will gut upsatirs as everything is dusty and icky:dohh:..............last night we got left with a bucket to use to fill the cistern up everytime we needed to flush now thats workmanship for you

[CASSIE ONE WEEK:happydance::thumbup::baby::cloud9::flower::kiss::hugs:/SIZE]

what is everyone upto?

I think i have found Nate's nursery i will post a link if any one wants a nosey?

And i have 2 vid's to post too

Morning Hayley!

Defo want a perve at your vids and the chosen nursery!! :thumbup:

Won't be long now until your bathroom is all done...it'll be lovely and of course we'll need pics :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->