<25 BFPs!! 12 births!! Welcome to the world turtle babies!>

Morning turtles

Whew, took 2 Stopayne tablets on an empty stomach and feeling a bit wooooooooooooo. Better go eat my brunch

'Tis a sad day for friends of our family. The shop that has been run by their family for nearly 90 years has finally gone to the wall. Recession and the monopolies from the big supermarkets have made it impossible for them to continue running at a loss. Shame, shame, shame :nope:

USA girls, Trin and B...is this kind of thing happening a lot in your respective parts of the world? Do you maybe have stricter laws in terms of monopolisation? :-k

This is happening a lot. We have a huge union called COSATU which, at the moment, is trying VERY hard to keep Walmart out of SA. The irony is that a lot of consumers want Walmart because all they can focus on is the cheap products. They don't take into account the HUGE job losses that will take place

There is a move toward buying local which supports smaller shops - like ours: we buy only local veggies which supports about 30 local farmers and we sell locally

So if Walmart hasn't invaded yet, who is the big player in SA?

We have Massmart who own our big retailers. The whole Walmart thing is that they want to buy a huge percentage of Massmart. So then they would own all our supermarket chains.

A couple of years ago the government reopened trade with China and allowed more Chinese imports. The result was that our entire local shoe trade shut down. My granddad is a shoe designer and he had to close his company. My uncle was a rep for shoe components and he lost his job because most of the companies he sold to closed down. The same thing happened with the clothing industry

Thanks for all the well wishes for Tarq. He is much better this morning. Still pale but far more chipper. I LOOOOOOOVE Echinacea Premium :thumbup: So he's gone to school. My mom is there so if he feels sick she'll let me know

Morning,

I have actually managed to put Lyra down asleep (normally she sleeps on me) so have switched on my laptop! Had an email from my new job asking if i can go in on Tuesday to finalise some bits for my ID card. Unfortunately my mum is away next week so won't be able to watch Lyra for me. I think i'll have to ring my new boss and ask whether it'd be okay to bring Lyra with me :wacko:

Trin glad to hear Tarq is feeling better today :thumbup:

Eagerly awaiting news of Cassie, it's so exciting. New turtle hatchlings :happydance:

MOrning again! I said hi and then fell straight back asleep.

I was dreaming about cassie all morning. Hope everything is going well. No one has posted on her FAcebook either so looks like everyone is in the dark.

I've been thinking about how I'll deal with texting / posting during labour.

I guess I'll text or post as much as I can up until the point I can't. Then I plan to text & post ASAP after her arrival.

I'll ask my 'Real life' friends if they want an "any hours" text incase it happens in the middle of the night, otherwise they can just learn on facebook I guess.

Maybe she meant half 1 today :shrug: or she could still be in labour? Or just enjoying her bundle? Either way I hope they're ok, Sarah you could text me at any hour and I'd post here for you I always wake in the night anyway x

I keep checking in just in case there's news..but nothing! It's eerily quiet!

Sezi...I want an any hours text when it's your turn if you would be so kind? :flower: Tooooooooooooo excited even thinking about it :wohoo:

April can you pm me your number or text me on it if you still have mine. I had it when I was on my old phone during my iPhone smash time!

Someone has just posted on facebook that Cassie hasn't had her yet. I hope she's doing okay.

Sezi...I want an any hours text when it's your turn if you would be so kind? :flower: Tooooooooooooo excited even thinking about it :wohoo:

yeah AS IF were going to get any sleep anyway

April !!!!!!!!

Thank you SO much for the vest and the remote ! It's totesamaze

I know you have had a tough start to the week so you didn't have to post it so soon xxxx

April !!!!!!!!

Thank you SO much for the vest and the remote ! It's totesamaze

I know you have had a tough start to the week so you didn't have to post it so soon xxxx

its absolutely fine, i saw the vest and thought Lauren NEEDS that lol x

im really worried about my friend :( i think shes suicidal

Oh dear..why do you think this April?

2 years ago she lost her fiance of 6 years then through those 2 years shes lost 3 more people really close to her, shes been depressed etc, but shes written something on her twitter along lines of 'sorry she has to go for a while but will always look over us!' shes not answering her phone, she lives 40 miles away but i think il have to get the train and go to her house

April that is very worrying. Do you have any contacts like a family member of hers you can msg or call? Or could you call the police and say you're worried?

yeah AS IF were going to get any sleep anyway

Imagine if B and I go into labour at the same time! Y'all will be beside yourselves!

April that is very worrying. Do you have any contacts like a family member of hers you can msg or call? Or could you call the police and say you're worried?

iv messaged her step daughter i feel sick!

April I would call someone who lives close to her or the police. One time a child (16 years old) told me she was cutting herself for the purpose of killing herself so I called her mother about a billion times but her mom was busy drinking at a bar so I called her school and told them what she said and they called the police and took her to the hospital. The girl thanked me for helping her. When people say things like that it is because they want help, if they didn't want someone to step in they wouldn't say anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->