<25 BFPs!! 12 births!! Welcome to the world turtle babies!>

Emandi, info is patchy but yes I think what happened is she attended a routine mid wife appointment and they picked up pre-eclampsia and sent her to the birth centre. I guess there they gave her induction drugs?

Emandi!! :wave: I've finally caught you on!! :happydance: LOVE the new avatar... he is sooo adorable! him and his big sis :awww:

hi Emandi i did get through to her in the end thank goodness! shes ok xx

Emandi!! :wave: I've finally caught you on!! :happydance: LOVE the new avatar... he is sooo adorable! him and his big sis :awww:

Newbie!!!
How are you? How is your pregnancy? Hope you are not working too hard. Any scans, bump pictures yet?Hope I didn't missed them :blush:.

Hi Emandi :hugs:

For the overactive letdown, my boy's pedi said to de-latch him from the breast and put the soft inside of your forearm over your nipple and gently hug in toward yourself for 10 seconds or so. That seems to work just fine for Rhyko... but poor feller is 5 months old and still sputters a bit sometimes! :haha:

Hope that makes sense and helps some! :hugs:

For the overactive letdown, my boy's pedi said to de-latch him from the breast and put the soft inside of your forearm over your nipple and gently hug in toward yourself for 10 seconds or so. That seems to work just fine for Rhyko... but poor feller is 5 months old and still sputters a bit sometimes! :haha:

Hellooooo :hi:

Thank you, that's what I'm going to try.
Poor Rhyko, hope it gets better with time.
Finley chokes and throws up big time! sometimes all feed, luckily we don't have many carpets in house. Still lots to learn, even this is my second child. Don't remember having this problem with Emily.

Finley chokes and throws up big time! sometimes all feed, luckily we don't have many carpets in house. Still lots to learn, even this is my second child. Don't remember having this problem with Emily.

When Rhyko was little he had really bad acid reflux which would cause him to choke and vom while feeding, too - because stuff would be coming up while he was trying to drink. Is Finley choking at the very beginning of nursing or closer to the middle/end of a nursing session?
And, does his vom smell like 'nothing' (spit up) or actual puke smell?

That works. Also, feeding on your back or reclining with him on top of the breast will help so he has to work against gravity a bit.
This is an article I give to moms with this issue https://kellymom.com/bf/supply/fast-letdown.html

Hi all, exciting stuff going on :) back when kids are in bed x

Poor Tarq had a temp again and put himself to bed with his puppy toy at 6pm :nope: Wasn't even worried baout being on his own in the bedroom which he normally is

And my Stopayne wore off at around 4:30 :nope: SO tempted to take more but I will try not to

On a happier note, I made samp and beans for the first time ever, which is quite embarrassing because it is a very traditional SA meal. The only other time I ate it it was awful but this was divine :cloud9: New dirt cheap and very filling meal :thumbup:

When Rhyko was little he had really bad acid reflux which would cause him to choke and vom while feeding, too - because stuff would be coming up while he was trying to drink. Is Finley choking at the very beginning of nursing or closer to the middle/end of a nursing session?

thank you Luna :hugs: for your advice again.
Finley chokes mostly at the beginning of nursing and his spittings don't really smell, it's just milk.

Poor Tarq had a temp again and put himself to bed with his puppy toy at 6pm :nope: Wasn't even worried baout being on his own in the bedroom which he normally is

And my Stopayne wore off at around 4:30 :nope: SO tempted to take more but I will try not to

On a happier note, I made samp and beans for the first time ever, which is quite embarrassing because it is a very traditional SA meal. The only other time I ate it it was awful but this was divine :cloud9: New dirt cheap and very filling meal :thumbup:

Helloooo Trin :flower:, thank you for the link-very useful info :thumbup:.
Hope you feel better tomorrow. And Tarq as well :awww:.

Emandi- I have/fads forceful let downs, I just hand expressed a bit into a burp cloth to get passed that part.

Trin, sorry little man is feeling poorly again. Shame. :(

Cassie! Thinking of you!

Note from me.... I just want to be moved already! Ack!

What was Finley's date if birth and birth weight (need for the front page)

Evening Gremlins! :flower:

I don't see any Pink Congrats so I assume Cassie is still sweating it out?!!!

Well we've had a super (and long!) day out- I took my parents to some of my fave tramping grounds- the chateau, the restaurant under the arcades on the market square, where we had lunch with my ex (my parents are still in touch and chummy with him and they like to meet up when they're over) and we went to Holly's favourite park with the slide and merry-go-round.:happydance: It was beautiful weather and we had coffee in the sunshine at outdoor cafés for the first time this year :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: I just looooove sunny café moments!

Just fedded and bedded a happy but exhausticated Hollypop, and I think I've exhausted my parents too :blush:

I bought some clippers for guinea pig toe nails today:thumbup: I'll be trying my hand at trimming furry piggle nails tomorrow for the first time and then if all goes well the Veterinary Surgery will be opening next week, now I can syringe administer rabbit drugs too :haha:

Evening Gremlins! :flower:

I don't see any Pink Congrats so I assume Cassie is still sweating it out?!!!

Well we've had a super (and long!) day out- I took my parents to some of my fave tramping grounds- the chateau, the restaurant under the arcades on the market square, where we had lunch with my ex (my parents are still in touch and chummy with him and they like to meet up when they're over) and we went to Holly's favourite park with the slide and merry-go-round.:happydance: It was beautiful weather and we had coffee in the sunshine at outdoor cafés for the first time this year :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: I just looooove sunny café moments!

Just fedded and bedded a happy but exhausticated Hollypop, and I think I've exhausted my parents too :blush:

I bought some clippers for guinea pig toe nails today:thumbup: I'll be trying my hand at trimming furry piggle nails tomorrow for the first time and then if all goes well the Veterinary Surgery will be opening next week, now I can syringe administer rabbit drugs too :haha:

Sounds like you're having a fab time!

Remember to look for the vein when you cut the nails...nasty bleeding otherwise which just makes you feel bad. I have to cut Midori (the iguana's) nails soon...not a fun exercise

thank you Luna :hugs: for your advice again.
Finley chokes mostly at the beginning of nursing and his spittings don't really smell, it's just milk.

That's good. Doesn't sound like reflux, then! Excellent :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->