• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

26 yr old TTC #1...Anyone wanna be buds?

I am measuring two weeks ahead too! :) I guess people with gd usually have babies sooner because of their size so maybe I will have her two weeks early. I have gained 40 lbs :(

I have already started cutting out carbs and trying to follow a diet so it isn't like a huge shock tomorrow. I am a little nervous to test my blood and possibly take insulin but it will all be worth it.

My next ob apt is next Friday and then I go every two weeks as well!

I am such a freak. If I don't feel her move at all times I start to freak out. She has moved and kicked a few times this morning but not a lot and it gets me worried :( She has to sleep at some time right??

Yeah, babies do have to sleep. Does she usually move a lot. I think it's important to note significant changes in movement. Also, baby is running out of room in there. If you get really concerned, drink a glass of cold water or juice, lay down on your side and count movements/kicks.

I have heard that GD mommas have their babies early quite often because they have bigger babies. Also I hear they often get scans to check baby's size. So bright side, you'll get to see Lydia again (probably). Also I haven't heard of GD mommas needing insulin, but that doesn't mean it never happens. I think they are commonly controlled by diet. Good luck!

I haven't been on the computer for a few days! Hope you are doing well. DH and I went an got iphones on Friday so I haven't needed to go on the comp lol.

Apt went well on Friday and they are letting me try and control my GD with diet but if I still have ketones in my urine by Wednesday they are going to put me on a pill to see if that helps. All my of numbers so far have been good it is just the ketones. It was a very overwhelming appointment.

We started the nursery this weekend! I am having another shower in 2 weeks so then I will know what I need to buy after that. Hopefully we can finish if by early October in case she comes early. Just want to be prepared!

Now that it is getting close I am freaking out a little tiny bit

Hope your urge ne is ketone free by Wednesday then. It is getting closer, isn't it? Just a couple more months to go! Suddenly I'm freaking out that we don't have the crib yet. Eep!

Congrats on your new phone!

haha thanks! I know! I am due in 2 months. That is nuts! Maybe it will be a little sooner :)

I have an ob apt and another gd appointment on friday!

I'm feeling some pain really low in my pelvis. I think Vanessa might be a bit lower down now and that area is stretching. Owie! I feel it a lot when I walk. Hope this doesn't last 2 months.

Haha I know the feeling. I am fine when I am walking or sitting but the second I lay down my vajay hurts to no end lol. Feels like my bones are pulling apart down there!

Three people on my fb have had their babies this past week and I am jealous. Why am I jealous? I am not sure lol.

Hope you are doing well today!

You're just jealous because they are getting to hold their beautiful babies and see their faces, but your time will come! That baby has to come out some time! LOL.

I am feeling much better pain wise today. I'm really tired though. My daughter was a little hellion last night and didn't want to go to bed. Around 2 am I was starting to get so frustrated I was on the verge of tears, telling DH that I was going to have to be up with her in the morning and if I didn't get to bed soon I was going to be useless. So he let me go to bed. Told me she went down finally around 4:30 am. OY. I pray tonight goes more smoothly.

I know! I am jealous lol. WAHHHH.

Sorry DD wouldn't sleep. Hopefully last night was better for you.

It has been so hard for me to eat and test at work but at home I have been doing great. I just always feel stressed out and I forget to test my blood. Only a few more weeks of doing this!

Testing all the time sounds like such a pain! I'm sorry you have to deal with that. How have your numbers been?

Found out last week one of my cousin-in-laws is expecting a baby in April. I'm super excited for her. She lives in Minnesota, but was in town for a visit the week after DD was born. She has family in this area. I really hope someone here does a shower for her. Otherwise I'll have to see if she makes an online registry somewhere so I can get her a gift.

DD was sooooo much bettter last night. Went down around 10 pm and woke at 9:30. Such a good night's sleep! Hopefully I can get the same result tonight.

Sounds like you had a good night! When is your next apt?

I had an apt this morning and unfortunately I have been put on bed rest. :( I am very upset but I guess this is the best thing. My bp was 142/87 (it was 126/82 last Friday) so they tested my urine for protein and I had +2.5. She said I have the start of pre eclampsia. The goal is to get me to 36 or 37 weeks. This does not give me much time at all and I am feeling a little stressed out about everything right now.

Also, they believe I have been having contractions so I am going to go get a nst and monitoring contractions next week. I will have weekly OB apts on top of my bi weekly diabetes appointments. So it looks like those will be my outings for the next few weeks.

We were not prepared for this financially as we should have been. I will not be working for like 12 weeks now!

Well off to my diabetes apt and then to the lab for more tests!

Oh wow, that's hard stuff! Hopefully baby stays in there as long as possible. 37 weeks wouldn't be bad. Glad you have doctors watching out for you and baby. How strict is your bed rest? Do you just get bathroom and meal breaks or what?

Everything will be worth it when you hold little Lydia in your arms.

Hang in there!

Do you take part in any due date groups sround here? I'm in ashleywalton's group and MommaBarry's group (both in pregnancy groups & discussions). Both great groups of ladies to talk to, MommaB's group is particularly active. They're excellent listeners and super compassionate.

How was your weekend? Mine was boring lol.

I can be up for three hours and then down for 1/2 hour to 2 hours. I can do light house work ect. So it isn't horrible. I am hoping my apt on Wednesday goes well. I can't wait to hold Lydia now. 6ish weeks I am thinking!

I do not participate in any of those groups. I should check them out though!

My weekend was okay. Didn't do much of anything, but did spend some time with DH while his mom watched DD. Even if all we got to do was grocery shop, it was nice to get out for a bit.

Going to try and get out to the store today with DD. I went thru her clothes and pulled the summer stuff out. Finding she is seriously lacking in shirts! I like to shop for cute tops for her, so I'm glad for a reason to do it.

Even if a bit scary, it must be nice to have a bit more of an idea when you get to meet your little one. Six weeks isn't far at all!

No it isn't! I have an apt tomorrow. She said I will be going in one to two times a week now.

Did you get some cute clothes?

I am going to attempt to bake some cookies I saw on pinterst. They have 19g of carbs so I can eat a few of them for a snack :)

Yeah, couple pants, five more tops, and two footie fleece pajamas. So cute! I have some more clothes coming to me in the mail from wittlebee.

Time is going to fly with appointments that often!

Hope you enjoy your cookies!

My daughter is super sleepy today. Woke at 10 and already been napping for an hour. She'll probably be up all night. Joy.

Cookies were great! I had Mcdonald's for lunch today....I haven't had fast food for like 5 or 6 weeks! I think since it was my weekly appt aka my weekly outing I better get myself lunch.

Labs were normal and I lost 2 more lbs (lost 8 since 27 weeks) since last Friday so they think I have a lot of extra fluid. BP was 152/80 so it was a little higher from last week. I also got a jug so I can do a 24 hour urine test lol. FUN. I scheduled for first NST for next Friday.

Other than that still on bed rest but I can go to my shower this weekend. It is at DH's grandmother's house. He is going to come with and open presents as I have to sit or lay on the couch the whole time. lol

What is new with you?

Things are alright here. My daughter and I both have runny noses. Hopefully they don't turn into full blown colds. I've been avoiding sick people!
Hope everything is okay with you. Enjoy your shower!

Thanks! Hope you guys are feeling better!

I can't believe I am 32 weeks today. This just seems unreal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->