• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

26 yr old TTC #1...Anyone wanna be buds?

Eep! Just 4/5 more weeks for you??

I had my appointment today. Measuring right on 32 cm. Vanessa's HB is 138 bpm. My blood pressure was 112/62, so nice and normal for me (during pregnancy anyway, usually it's a bit higher). He said my blood tests were all normal from 2 weeks ago.

The doc I saw today was the one who delivered my daughter. He says "So you had a fast labor last time, what are we going to do this time?" He was talking about scheduling an induction and told me a story about a patient of his once who had a fast labor before and he told her to call/come in once she felt contractions. She called him, he went to the hospital and she never showed, he got a call from a paramedic that she gave birth in her bathroom! My husband and I assured him that we only live 5 minutes from the hospital (as opposed to this woman's 40 minutes), it won't be a problem for us.

More of my problem last time was that my contractions were not very painful, so I didn't realize I was in true labor (even when I went to the hospital, I thought they would send me home). In fact THIS SAME DOCTOR is the one who told me to wait a couple hours and call back if anything changed. Well DH and I decided to head to L&D after an hour and lo and behold I was 7 cm dilated. I don't think the problem was my labor being fast, but not being very painful. This time I know what to pay attention to!

No inductions for me if I can help it!

Haha. I am sure I am going to be induced.

Glad apt went well! I have my next apt next Friday and a non stress test.

My friend came to visit me with her 4 week old baby yesterday and told me all about her labor. She didn't even get checked into the hospital. Her baby was born 23 mins after they walked into the hospital doors. She wanted an epidural so they were like well you have to wait til you get checked in and they put her in a room and had her lay on her side. She all the sudden felt pressure and the nurses didn't believe her until her water broke and they looked and she was crowning! She ended up delivering with no doctor just the nurses lol.

Shes like if I would have waited at home a little longer I would not have made it to the hospital. She was in shock how fast it happened!

That is fast! How long did she wait at home before going to the hospital? Was it her first baby?

I understand there are cases where induction is a good idea, but at this point for me, I don't think mine is one of them. Yes, it could happen quickly, but I doubt it would bee too quickly for me to get to the hospital. Doc was talking induction so he could make sure I was at the hospital when baby time comes. Though with my luck I'd go into labor before induction time.

I would rather not be induced but if it is going to save my/baby's life I will be induced whenever it is necessary. I had another apt today everything is pretty much the same. I am having an ultrasound on Wednesday morning. I am excited to see Lydia again. I am hoping everything is ok with her!

It was my friend's 2nd baby and she waited about an hour to go to hospital but she didn't think her contractions were horrible so she almost didn't go in lol.

Oooh, excited for your ultrasound on Wednesday. Are they just checking growth or is this part of NST??

That is a really fast labor for your friend. Wonder if mine could end up that way? I remember when I read about this girl who had very low pain in labor (just like mild cramps the whole time), I thought "that would be neat to have a labor like that" and I got it! So I guess I should be careful of what I wish for. Painless isn't bad, but wishing for it to be fast could turn out that way!

I'm excited for you to see Lydia again. A little jealous that you're going to get to meet her before I meet Vanessa, but it's okay! As long as you post a picture! LOL.

Haha. Yeah ultrasound is part of the NST. A biophysical profile I guess. They are just checking everything.

DH's cousin (who we are pretty good friends with) had her baby last night. 2nd baby and she didn't want to know the gender so she had dr. write it down and she gave it to her sister. Well so last night she had a baby boy but the envelope said girl! LOL. I am hoping I get to see Lydia's girl parts again because now I am nervous lol.

I am so nervous about something like that happening to me! Not because a boy wouldn't make me happy, but because I would feel horrible having to dress him in something girly or put him in a pink car seat. I have almost nothing gender neutral!! I guess I'd be a little sad if Vanessa turned into a Benjamin because I've had months to get used to the idea.

Thankfully, those stories are the exception and not the rule. I wouldn't get too worked up about it!

I had my ultrasound this morning and she passed with a score of 8/8. They checked her movement, fluid level, muscle tone, and watched for her to try breathing for 30 seconds. Her head is realllly low we only saw her head not her face lol.

She tried to look at gender but cord was between her legs so she couldn't tell! haha!

Glad everything went well. Do you have a "just in case" boy name?? ;)

I'm at 32 weeks today. I keep meaning to take a pic, but I'm really not feeling very photogenic today. Just a lazy stay in my pjs kind of day.

DD is having her second nap. Her first was rather fitful, hopefully this one is better.

My arm hurts from my flu shot yesterday. Just sensitive to touch. Not feeling sick or anything though, so that's a good thing.

I am hoping to test next Thursday? We leave next Saturday for vacation in AZ sooooooooooooo.... Ironically af is due the same day we leave for our trip!

We do not.... I told DH last night we need to come up with one lol. He said ok how about Richard....LOL.

So I came to the realization that Lydia will more than likely be an October baby and not a November baby which I am totally fine with.

We got our flu shots a few weeks ago and I felt like crap...literally sweaty, shakes, headache, weak. DH felt fine.

We are getting our Dtap shot on Friday.

I believe they offer Dtap at my hospital after the birth, so I'll get it then.

I wouldn't mind Vanessa being a (very late) October baby, but I'm pretty sure she's going to wait until November.

Sorry the flu shot was hard on you. I guess I'm not surprised I didn't have much of a reaction. I don't get sick too often and when I do it's usually not bad. Though the cold I had when I was pregnant with Michaela was a different story...

Are you going to have a birth plan?

They gave us a birth plan form that we will fill out. Other than that I am not going to plan anything because I don't want to be disappointed.

Had an apt this morning and BP was down to 136/86! Yay!!! Lydia passed her NST. I had to schedule two NST with one ultrasound a week. I will be a busy lady the next few weeks!

Yeah, I'm not bothering with a birth plan. I don't want to be disappointed either.

How is your weekend going?

I know it is almost over but still great to have the husband home with me lol. My parents came to visit and help us out with getting things organized and brought us tons of food so that is greatly appreciated.

I love fall...we have broc and cheese soup going in the crockpot right now!

I could really go for some cheesy potato soup right now. I love fall too. It's my favorite season.
Having a boring weekend here. DH is working. I just tried to reach my sister to see about visiting her, but no answer.

Next week DH has the weekend off and Mon & Tues after. His birthday is the 8th.

How did the weekend go? I want to make pumpkin bread. I also want to get all the baby stuff organized but I am not sure if I should take the bottles and ect. out of the boxes yet.

Are you going to breastfeed? You may not need the bottles for a while, BFing was hard for me so I did start pumping exclusively and did find myself needing bottles, but not everyone has the trouble I had. I'm hoping not to have the same problems this time around. I will probably still pump, hopefully put it off for the first month or so though. That way I can get out of the house once in a while and leave a bottle for baby. It might be a good idea to get the bottles out and clean/sterilize them and put them away for when/if you need them.

The weekend was a bore over here for me. Sat at the computer watching too much hulu. LOL. I did visit my sister yesterday and DD had a good time playing with her sidewalk chalk (she painted the door in her kitchen with chalkboard paint so it could be used to write on). She chalked the door, the walls, the garbage can, the floor... it was fun!

DH is off today, but I can't think of anything to do. BORING.

I know. I am getting pretty bored over here. Sometimes I read birth stories and they really scare me. I just want my baby to ok and get here safetly. Also, I keep reading about hemoraging after giving birth and boy does that scare me!

I am going to try and breast feed but I am not sure if I will be able to. I had a breast reduction about 7 years ago so they told me it is about a 50/50 chance.

Hope you find something fun to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"