• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

3 failed IUIs. How do you cope?

Well, I'm back from my laprascopy follow-up.

It didn't go exactly as I thought it might. :wacko:

So the endo they removed they graded as " moderate". My doc doesnt stage endo, but it is usually either mild, moderate, or severe. I'm glad it wasnt severe but I'm shocked it was moderate. I NEVER had symptoms.

They said I could go on Lupron for 2-3 months and make sure everything was totally cleared up and gone, but I couldnt get pregnant the whole time I was on it plus it has mood swings and weird side effects.

We could also try on our own for a month or two ( which they said may or may not ever work... ) and then decide to go on Lupron for 2-3 months and then decide what to do after that. OR we could move forward with IVF this cycle.

They said IVF is our best option now as my endo was moderate. I am still shocked by that as I never had an symptoms. So glad I had the lap--I would never know any of this!

Anyway I have always wrestled with IVF and how I felt about it. BUT now that it sounds like that is probably the best and quickest options, DH and I have decided to do IVF this cycle---which is still a HUGE decision that I am pretty much okay with, but it is still shocking. AF should be coming any day now, so I'm lucky we can start very soon.

I guess I am worried to start IVF---because what if THAT doesnt work? Then what? We have insurance coverage for 3 IVF cycles ( I know, we're soooo lucky ) but what if we do three and then nothing? Scary.

Anyway, any encouragement, advice, or positive stories would be great.

Yes, it's great that you had the lap done! I am hoping to do it soon as long as my doctor says ok. I also have insurance for 3 rounds as well and have the same exact fear too! Sorry my reply wasn't any positive story because i'm with you in this.
I wish you the best of luck this cycle and prayers to you!

So the endo they removed they graded as " moderate". My doc doesnt stage endo, but it is usually either mild, moderate, or severe. I'm glad it wasnt severe but I'm shocked it was moderate. I NEVER had symptoms.

They said I could go on Lupron for 2-3 months and make sure everything was totally cleared up and gone, but I couldnt get pregnant the whole time I was on it plus it has mood swings and weird side effects.

We could also try on our own for a month or two ( which they said may or may not ever work... ) and then decide to go on Lupron for 2-3 months and then decide what to do after that. OR we could move forward with IVF this cycle.

They said IVF is our best option now as my endo was moderate. I am still shocked by that as I never had an symptoms. So glad I had the lap--I would never know any of this!

Anyway I have always wrestled with IVF and how I felt about it. BUT now that it sounds like that is probably the best and quickest options, DH and I have decided to do IVF this cycle---which is still a HUGE decision that I am pretty much okay with, but it is still shocking. AF should be coming any day now, so I'm lucky we can start very soon.

I guess I am worried to start IVF---because what if THAT doesnt work? Then what? We have insurance coverage for 3 IVF cycles ( I know, we're soooo lucky ) but what if we do three and then nothing? Scary.

Yes, it's great that you had the lap done! I am hoping to do it soon as long as my doctor says ok. I also have insurance for 3 rounds as well and have the same exact fear too! Sorry my reply wasn't any positive story because i'm with you in this.

We're in this together!! I def recommend getting your lap, no matter what the doc tells you. As frustrating as it is to know I have a larger problem than I ever thought, if I didnt know this at all I would just be wasting time and getting more and more frustrated ( and NOT getting pregnant. )

Good luck to you!!! Keep me posted!!!

Ahhh!!! I'm happy for you. I'm sure ivf will work for you. :) that's awesome your DH is right on board!

My sister had moderate to severe endo & is pregnant with her 2nd baby all natural! She had quit trying the first time around & started saving for ivf & got pregnant !! It can happen, just depends on what you want to do & honestly if I had ivf covered I'd go straight to it too! Good luck & keep us up to date!

Ahhh!!! I'm happy for you. I'm sure ivf will work for you. :) that's awesome your DH is right on board!

My sister had moderate to severe endo & is pregnant with her 2nd baby all natural! She had quit trying the first time around & started saving for ivf & got pregnant !! It can happen, just depends on what you want to do & honestly if I had ivf covered I'd go straight to it too! Good luck & keep us up to date!

Oh my god! Thank YOU! Great for your sister too, and I know it's going to happen for you some day soon too. I really appreciate your support through this process and I want you to know I am supporting you too! Hopefully someday we will be discussing our pregnancies together ( SOMEDAY SOON! ).

Sunshine I was in the same boat. I went to talk to my doctor about doing a lap as I was scared and didn't understand why I needed to so the surgery an at our consult he showed me that further tests indicated I have a low ovarian reserve and I needed to do IVF quickly or risk never conceiving. It was the LAST thing I expected to come out of that meeting and I was about a week away from AF.

OH wanted to wait a few months to wrap our heads around it but something in me, as scared and unsure as I was, just wanted to do it then and there. Just rip it off quickly like a bandaid and go for it.

So one week later I started IVF. I did lupron for a while to start things off along with BCP and I was told about the Lupron side affects but felt none. I felt like such a huge deal and such a huge gamble as we paid $11,000 for it, but it hindsight it was not bad at all. I could do it again and it was physically easier than I thought. Just the emotional part was hard.

I also thought what if it doesn't work. And I was shocked by our low fertilization rate and only having one embryo to work with. I spent the entire TWW miserable, angry and certain it had failed.

Well here I am at 24 weeks pregnantand can feel my little boy kicking around inside me. it truly feels like a miracle and I'm so glad I just went for it. I appreciate every day of this pregnancy and I am so grateful that there is medical technology like IVF that makes things possible for women like us to have babies.

Now I also met someone on here who had stage 5 endo removed, cysts removed and a fold in her uterus corrected. They have her 6 months to ttc naturally before being recommended for IVF. Well she BDed once a couple weeks after surgery and got a BFP. This was after LTTTC and it seemed like her prospect of ever conceiving naturally was very low.

So it will have to be entirely up to you. If you feel like IVF is your best bet and its funded, then by all means go for it! I'd be happy to give you my personal email so you can have someone to reach out to who had been through it recently. Happy to answer any questions or just be an emotional support. :)

We're in this together!! I def recommend getting your lap, no matter what the doc tells you. As frustrating as it is to know I have a larger problem than I ever thought, if I didnt know this at all I would just be wasting time and getting more and more frustrated ( and NOT getting pregnant. )

Good luck to you!!! Keep me posted!!!

Yes, we are in this together! I am def going to push for it. I have a good feeling it will work for you! Thank I will keep you posted and good luck to you too! :hugs:

THANK YOU! I am going to do IVF, DH and I decided for sure! We're doing it!

I hope I have a happy story like yours :)

I am also 31 ( I thought I noticed you were too? ) so perhaps I will be in your exact same shoes first.

I am a bit worried about what to expect as I go along the road of meds and stimming and retrieval and all that so I'm so grateful to have your support SashimiMimi.

Sunshine I was in the same boat. I went to talk to my doctor about doing a lap as I was scared and didn't understand why I needed to so the surgery an at our consult he showed me that further tests indicated I have a low ovarian reserve and I needed to do IVF quickly or risk never conceiving. It was the LAST thing I expected to come out of that meeting and I was about a week away from AF.

OH wanted to wait a few months to wrap our heads around it but something in me, as scared and unsure as I was, just wanted to do it then and there. Just rip it off quickly like a bandaid and go for it.

So one week later I started IVF. I did lupron for a while to start things off along with BCP and I was told about the Lupron side affects but felt none. I felt like such a huge deal and such a huge gamble as we paid $11,000 for it, but it hindsight it was not bad at all. I could do it again and it was physically easier than I thought. Just the emotional part was hard.

I also thought what if it doesn't work. And I was shocked by our low fertilization rate and only having one embryo to work with. I spent the entire TWW miserable, angry and certain it had failed.

Well here I am at 24 weeks pregnantand can feel my little boy kicking around inside me. it truly feels like a miracle and I'm so glad I just went for it. I appreciate every day of this pregnancy and I am so grateful that there is medical technology like IVF that makes things possible for women like us to have babies.

Now I also met someone on here who had stage 5 endo removed, cysts removed and a fold in her uterus corrected. They have her 6 months to ttc naturally before being recommended for IVF. Well she BDed once a couple weeks after surgery and got a BFP. This was after LTTTC and it seemed like her prospect of ever conceiving naturally was very low.

So it will have to be entirely up to you. If you feel like IVF is your best bet and its funded, then by all means go for it! I'd be happy to give you my personal email so you can have someone to reach out to who had been through it recently. Happy to answer any questions or just be an emotional support. :)

That is a wonderful story and congratulations to you! I hope I am able to tell a positive story someday.

Yes we will!!! Also, if it by chance didnt work first round, you could try naturally then do ivf again etc!!! Did he give you a percentage of your success rate with ivf?

I'm here for you too!!!

Yes we will!!! Also, if it by chance didnt work first round, you could try naturally then do ivf again etc!!! Did he give you a percentage of your success rate with ivf?

I'm here for you too!!!

THANK YOU!! :) :)

They said I have a 40% success with IVF, and with IUI they told me 15-20%....so I figure if I try 3x that's a 120% chance of success right? Hahhahahaa.....:happydance:

Yes I'm also 31 and DH is 38.

I was also worried about the meds and how I would feel. It was A LOT of self-injecting both in the belly and the butt!! I got really good at doing it myself, although DH offered to help... But his hands shook as he does not like needles.

I actually felt fine. A little bloated towar the end... Was terrified of the retrieval. Apparently I was yelling OUCH and swearing throughout the whole thing but I don't remember that or any discomfort as they dope you up pretty good. My DH actually fainted during the retrieval so I think everyone felt worse for him than me! Lol

Glad you are going to go for it. I know it's the right decision!

I was also worried about the meds and how I would feel. It was A LOT of self-injecting both in the belly and the butt!! I got really good at doing it myself, although DH offered to help... But his hands shook as he does not like needles.

I actually felt fine. A little bloated towar the end... Was terrified of the retrieval. Apparently I was yelling OUCH and swearing throughout the whole thing but I don't remember that or any discomfort as they dope you up pretty good. My DH actually fainted during the retrieval so I think everyone felt worse for him than me! Lol

Thanks! I did injectibles ( Gonal and Lupron ) with my IUI cycles, and my doc said it would be very similar. I guess retrieval scares me the most, but I know you are "under" for it anyway, so thats good. One step at a time anyway right? Hahahaha.

They don't knock you out during the retreival? Oh man I don't think I could handle that

Chris you are semi conscious. Some people fall asleep, some are just in and out of it. OH said I'd wake up and yell and fall asleep. I do not remember any pain and it was not so bad. IVF is like a glorified IUI... A few more injections, the retrieval and the transfer is a cinch.

Chris you are semi conscious. Some people fall asleep, some are just in and out of it. OH said I'd wake up and yell and fall asleep. I do not remember any pain and it was not so bad. IVF is like a glorified IUI... A few more injections, the retrieval and the transfer is a cinch.

Oh ok gotcha lol it was all worth it in the end! I don't care if they stand me on my head if it will work lol

Hi guys-

Just wanted to keep you posted as I promised....

Had baselines yesterday. I start BCP for about two weeks, then Lupron with BCP, then just Lupron for a few days, then approx 10 days of stimming with Gonal, and then Egg Retrieval and then Transfer......all in all it looks probably like I am on a road about 5-6 weeks long.

Feeling a little nervous, but also positive.......My doc told me the odds are about 40% so I'm ready for my :bfp:

Hoping it all goes fast and I will have good news soon!! I will keep you posted on each leg of this journey as I know many of you are considering IVF.

Please keep me in your thoughts!

Positive prayers for all of you too!!!:thumbup:

Yay! Awesome. You are in my prayers !!!! I can't wait!

Pheewww! Way to go sunshine! I know the 6 week journey seems long but it will go by fast. We are here with you every step of the way!

Hi Guys-

Nothing really new to report, just want to vent about something that I know all of you can relate to.

Just having one of "those" days......

Had dinner with my fam, my (YOUNGER!) pregnant sister-in-law and brother were there with their one year old. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE my niece and cant wait to meet baby #2 this spring, but sometimes it's all I can do to keep from bawling at the table. And it only gets worse when it seems every conversation is about babies......and tonight we found out another family friend ( married for 6 months and 5 years younger than me ) is pregnant. I dont want to be jealous and bitter but sometimes I just really feel that way.

My family doesnt know what we are going through at ALL, but I'm sure they assume something is wrong, as it's been 3 yrs married and nothing. No one is trying to be mean but sometimes I just want to hide from everyone for a while.

I'm at the very start of my 1st IVf cycle and KNOW I'm on my way, some days it just feels SO hard and unfair and SO far away.....and it's nice to know that you guys understand. It just all seems so, so, so unfair sometimes ya know???

So, I feel better already for venting. Thanks for "listening"/ reading. I know y'all get it. And I love you for that.

OUR TIME IS SOON :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"