3 failed IUIs. How do you cope?

wow, you see....that sounds like me. 50mg of Clomid, first one was three follicles, second one was only one. We'll see how this third one does tomorrow. The first two, the doc had me on Clomid day 5-9. This cycle its day 3-7. He didn't say why he changed the date.....

What is your age Fisher, if you don't mind me asking.

lucky - wow that is sooooo awesome! congrats hun!

Sunshine - that is great news. Please let us know how you are doing!

So my lap is now MONDAY!!!!!! My doc had a last minute cancellation and can fit me in THIS Monday. I am so pumped I dont have to wait any longer! She called me this morning and MADE MY DAY!:happydance:

It's literally a month earlier than my originally scheduled procedure.

Hopefully they can figure out what is going on and we can move forward asap.

2013 is our year ladies!!!

I will post an update after surgery to let everyone know how it went and what they found, as I know a few of you are considering this procedure as well.

Enjoy your weekend, all.

yay that's great! Let us know how it went!

Oh my goodness, back from my lap ( was this AM, finally feel awake enough now to post ) , and it was SO worth it. Still have a follow up for more details in a week or so here but they found a TON of stuff that I NEVER had any symptoms of! I am a fit, healthy runner with zero medical history and regular periods and never understood why nothing was working.

This is what they found:

- endo
- more scar tissue
- adhesions
- cysts

....and they removed them all!! I never had any symptoms or pain or any infections or procedure in my life that would have caused all those to form-just totally random and we would have never known!

My doc high fived me on the way out and said " ONWARD!" Not sure what our next step is, but now I KNOW there was something wrong, what a relief.

For all of you considering lap-DO IT. The procedure was a breeze. The worst part is the gas stuck in your system after that causes shoulder, back, etc pain but if you get up and walk every 30 minutes or so it moves around and subsides. And you have to have someone that can drive you and take care of you for 24 hrs too. I will also have to lay low for the next day or so but I plan to just watch trashy reality TV and relax.

We could have tried every IUI and IVF under the sun and it never would have worked. Still dont know that it will for sure, but at least now we have a clean shot.

I dont remember a thing about the procedure and it was super quick. They put you totally under.

I will update more about my follow up appt in a week or so....

Im super tired, but so so excited!!!:happydance:

sunshine - that is wonderful that you have an answer and that you are on the mend. I am so happy for you! Rest up and plan for your future hun! You forever baby is coming to you soon!

Awesome news sunshine! Can't wait to hear your options the doc gives you!!! Told you it was a breeze :)

Wow sunshine that is amazing!! Glad you are feeling well and happy and can't wait to hear about next steps!! :)

wow, you see....that sounds like me. 50mg of Clomid, first one was three follicles, second one was only one. We'll see how this third one does tomorrow. The first two, the doc had me on Clomid day 5-9. This cycle its day 3-7. He didn't say why he changed the date.....

What is your age Fisher, if you don't mind me asking.

I'm 31 and DH is 38. We started trying in 2008/9

That's so fantastic Sunshine!! Now you have it done and over with and you can move forward!! Excited for you! :happydance:

Oh my goodness, back from my lap ( was this AM, finally feel awake enough now to post ) , and it was SO worth it. Still have a follow up for more details in a week or so here but they found a TON of stuff that I NEVER had any symptoms of! I am a fit, healthy runner with zero medical history and regular periods and never understood why nothing was working.

This is what they found:

- endo
- more scar tissue
- adhesions
- cysts

....and they removed them all!! I never had any symptoms or pain or any infections or procedure in my life that would have caused all those to form-just totally random and we would have never known!

My doc high fived me on the way out and said " ONWARD!" Not sure what our next step is, but now I KNOW there was something wrong, what a relief.

For all of you considering lap-DO IT. The procedure was a breeze. The worst part is the gas stuck in your system after that causes shoulder, back, etc pain but if you get up and walk every 30 minutes or so it moves around and subsides. And you have to have someone that can drive you and take care of you for 24 hrs too. I will also have to lay low for the next day or so but I plan to just watch trashy reality TV and relax.

We could have tried every IUI and IVF under the sun and it never would have worked. Still dont know that it will for sure, but at least now we have a clean shot.

I dont remember a thing about the procedure and it was super quick. They put you totally under.

I will update more about my follow up appt in a week or so....

Im super tired, but so so excited!!!:happydance:

That's awesome I'm so happy for you to have an explanation! Hopefully you have your bfp in no time!

There must be something about the 3rd failure. I'll confess I'm not even doing IUI yet. We've been doing timed intercourse with ovary stimulation (injectables), since my husband has superhero semen. In any case, I just found out Monday (having a beta on Friday, then having to wait all wekend for results is a special kind of torture) that our 3rd cycle of stimulation did not result in a pregnancy. I'm completely despondent. I think my husband was afraid to go to work and leave me alone yesterday.

We got married in May, 2011 and have been trying since then. We 1st saw an R/E in March of 2012, but our insurance company wouldn't even start the authorization process until it had been a year. By the time my insurace company quit jerking us around it was August. We comleted our initial testing and I was scheduled for an HSG. However, the day before the HSG I had a sono which revealed a large cyst on my left ovary (not really a surprise, as I already knew I have an adrenal insufficiency which causes my ovaries to be polycystic) and a uterine septum (which was a huge, unpleasant surprise). So I had a laparoscopy to drain the cyst, hysteroscopy to resect the septum, and they did the HSG while I was out. Also right before the surgery they discovered I was hypothyroid and started me on synthroid. I started to wonder how many things could be wrong with one person. This was mid September, and we started the 1st cycle of stims a week afterward. I had to take October off due to cysts (surprise, surprise), and then we did cycles in November & December. Now I'm waiting for A/F so I can get back in line for the roller coaster.

I know I'm not very far down the path yet, but this is still devastating. My mental state is probably not help by my cousin's recent miscarriage. My heart bleeds for her, and also for my sister. My sister got her 1st BFP on her 1st IVF but had a very early miscarriage. Her 2nd IVF resulted in an ectopic and she lost a tube. Her 3rd IVF was also an ectopic and she lost the other tube. I think she did 4 more after that, all of which were negative. I try not to worry that I'm headed down the same long, painful road to nowhere. I do worry though. I feel so hopeless right now.

There must be something about the 3rd failure. I'll confess I'm not even doing IUI yet. We've been doing timed intercourse with ovary stimulation (injectables), since my husband has superhero semen. In any case, I just found out Monday (having a beta on Friday, then having to wait all wekend for results is a special kind of torture) that our 3rd cycle of stimulation did not result in a pregnancy. I'm completely despondent. I think my husband was afraid to go to work and leave me alone yesterday.

We got married in May, 2011 and have been trying since then. We 1st saw an R/E in March of 2012, but our insurance company wouldn't even start the authorization process until it had been a year. By the time my insurace company quit jerking us around it was August. We comleted our initial testing and I was scheduled for an HSG. However, the day before the HSG I had a sono which revealed a large cyst on my left ovary (not really a surprise, as I already knew I have an adrenal insufficiency which causes my ovaries to be polycystic) and a uterine septum (which was a huge, unpleasant surprise). So I had a laparoscopy to drain the cyst, hysteroscopy to resect the septum, and they did the HSG while I was out. Also right before the surgery they discovered I was hypothyroid and started me on synthroid. I started to wonder how many things could be wrong with one person. This was mid September, and we started the 1st cycle of stims a week afterward. I had to take October off due to cysts (surprise, surprise), and then we did cycles in November & December. Now I'm waiting for A/F so I can get back in line for the roller coaster.

I know I'm not very far down the path yet, but this is still devastating. My mental state is probably not help by my cousin's recent miscarriage. My heart bleeds for her, and also for my sister. My sister got her 1st BFP on her 1st IVF but had a very early miscarriage. Her 2nd IVF resulted in an ectopic and she lost a tube. Her 3rd IVF was also an ectopic and she lost the other tube. I think she did 4 more after that, all of which were negative. I try not to worry that I'm headed down the same long, painful road to nowhere. I do worry though. I feel so hopeless right now.

:hugs:I'm really sorry you are feeling this way, Autumn. This has been the hardest thing I'v been through ever! Yesterday, my U/S revealed that my follicles were not ready yet for the trigger shot. In fact, they were too small to move foward with this IUI cycle so my dr. just advised me to do ovulation tests on my own and then have TI. I was super devasted last night and cried my eyes out. I feel like nothing is going to work. And if I didn't respond anymore to Clomid than no other drug can fix me. I'm scared that its my eggs and that I'll never be a mom. I was a complete mess and wanted to crawl in a hole and stay there. What good am I as a wife and a woman if I cannot have children? So, I feel for you and everyone else who has to go through this stupid infertility problem. Why us?

Good news, Sunshine! Stay positive! It's most likely just a matter of time!

HI Everyone-- I hope you are all hanging in there.

It's been two weeks and tomorrow is my follow-up post-Lap with my doc....AF seems to be on her way, so it could prime timing to get on this crazy roller coaster all over again. OY! I will let you know more about what they tell me they found and what I should do next....

Happy Monday!

Good luck, Sunshine!

Everything is on hold for me for a bit, I had some issues with low blood pressure this weekend so I've stopped taking the Met temporarily until it stabilizes. Hopefully I'll be able to resume taking it in a few days!

Good luck, Sunshine!

Everything is on hold for me for a bit, I had some issues with low blood pressure this weekend so I've stopped taking the Met temporarily until it stabilizes. Hopefully I'll be able to resume taking it in a few days!

Thank you! Good luck with your blood pressure.

Good to hear from you Sunshine! looking forward to hearing more about your results.... sounds like it was definitely worth doing for you.

AFM - I'm starting my first round of Clomid on Wednesday and I'll be doing another IUI this cycle. I ovulate on my own, but hopefully adding the meds will give us the boost we need. :shrug:

Well, I'm back from my laprascopy follow-up.

It didn't go exactly as I thought it might. :wacko:

So the endo they removed they graded as " moderate". My doc doesnt stage endo, but it is usually either mild, moderate, or severe. I'm glad it wasnt severe but I'm shocked it was moderate. I NEVER had symptoms.

They said I could go on Lupron for 2-3 months and make sure everything was totally cleared up and gone, but I couldnt get pregnant the whole time I was on it plus it has mood swings and weird side effects.

We could also try on our own for a month or two ( which they said may or may not ever work... ) and then decide to go on Lupron for 2-3 months and then decide what to do after that. OR we could move forward with IVF this cycle.

They said IVF is our best option now as my endo was moderate. I am still shocked by that as I never had an symptoms. So glad I had the lap--I would never know any of this!

Anyway I have always wrestled with IVF and how I felt about it. BUT now that it sounds like that is probably the best and quickest options, DH and I have decided to do IVF this cycle---which is still a HUGE decision that I am pretty much okay with, but it is still shocking. AF should be coming any day now, so I'm lucky we can start very soon.

I guess I am worried to start IVF---because what if THAT doesnt work? Then what? We have insurance coverage for 3 IVF cycles ( I know, we're soooo lucky ) but what if we do three and then nothing? Scary.

Anyway, any encouragement, advice, or positive stories would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->